Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Must say I've got mixed feelings right now, I'm annoyed at all the bitching, but quite excited at the prospect of this fun and easy new game!

Annoyed because everyones is complaining that its not Titan or Blizard All stars - The announcement and following blue posts specifically said it wasn't going to be either of those. This pretty much exactly fills the criteria they talked about - its something different - check, its a smaller scope of project - check its a new game - check.

As for announcement itself, I think it'll be a fun game, its F2P so its not gonna cost much (not sure if you'll still need to pay upfront? or if it will be totally free? I've always kinda been interested in the whole TCG thing, but not really had any friends who are into it, and I lack the free time to go find a club where I could get involved, this seems the perfect way to get involved! On the bonus side you just know that future Collectors Edition games will be giving out bonus rare cards for this game too!

Already signed up for the Beta, can't wait to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No Android despite it having a larger market share. Why are developers so stupid? Fuck Apple.
    Because Apple has LUA. Something blizzard is already very well versed in.

Android is entirely Java, something they don't have tons of experience with.

Deleted
    Hopefully they can make it available on Android at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Can someone explain WTF Blizz-allstars is?
    MOBA from Blizzard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMN5stmv7o

"Android is entirely Java, something they don't have tons of experience with. "

WoW's client/server is written in Java. LUA is just an interface. And Android Java isn't just plain old Java, it's got alot of nuances (and some restrictions).

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    MMO-Champ community. Where less than half a percent of the WoW population think they speak for everyone.

If you don't like it then shut up, and don't play it. I bet more than half of the people that posted here about how bad it looks will be playing it. Just like every they bought every Blizzard store mount and pet.
    MMO-Champ community. Where some people here think that you can't voice your opinion on something on a community forum UNLESS it's in praise of World of Warcraft...

If they don't like it - then they can air their grievances. I bet more than half of the people that posted here about how great it looks won't play it, as they'l be busy on the next raid or something. Just like so many fewer this time around bought Mists of Pandaria, nevermind any Blizzard store mount and pet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    The game looks awesome, you guys are too quick at judging it just like you were with MoP before it released.
    Actually MOP seemed decent, and turned out to be really bad. For me at least... I quit playing WoW.

I was so waiting for this day, hoping to hear Blizzard All-Stars, but instead, we get a card game, which in my opinion is supposed to be played with CARDS.
    Ever played monopoly on the PC? You can't compare that with the joy of actually playing it with people around you at a table.

Anyway, it's free, so I'm giving it a try, why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just a note for those actually not blinded by hate and butthurt - You can sign up for beta from your Battle.net beta profiles page.
    How many people is this? 10? Well at least we're sure to get a spot in Beta

Deleted
    I never liked the idea of Pet Battles, but I didn't have to do them so it didn't bother me, then when I did try them I loved them and carried on doing them as something odd but fun I enjoyed.

I see the same thing here, never really got into card games, liked the look of them but there was never an easy entry point, it always looked confusing as hell, so this looks like a good laugh.

Not surprised at all by some of the comments here, lots of unrealistic people living in tiny little worlds for whom something either appeals to them or shouldn't exist, it's sad, but then so are they.

I can't imagine the disappointment they live with everyday because pretty much everything they come across probably isn't designed or catering to them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    It's funny how that's the only argument you people can come up with against the mass of people who are against this kiddy game, Blizzard is a massive company and indie developers create better games.
    The game looks pretty polished to me, and it's pretty neat looking for something that isn't even in Beta yet, and I've played console and pc TCG's before.

It's funny people who use the "this is kiddy" or "Childish" arguments are same the people most insecure with their own maturity. They mentioned a little something. Not a full blown RTS or MMO. Blizzard All-Stars was announced at the last Blizzcon, they weren't going to announce it again. You got your own hopes up, and you have no one to blame but yourselves.

I myself who've enjoy TCG's will be enjoying this one.

Thanks for all the tears....they were delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Sadly, because this is not available for Android, I have 0 interest in it. I'm not going to sit at my desk and play a card game when I could be playing WoW/any number of other games that I can't play anywhere else. At least if it was on more mobile OS I could take it on the bus/train with me, squeeze a game in between lectures etc.

Oh well, their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No Android despite it having a larger market share. Why are developers so stupid? Fuck Apple.
    Android has a larger marketshare but users don't actually buy apps in nearly the same number. It's not really stupid for developers to publish to platforms that are going to earn them more money, since they're going to be counting on people buying packs to make money from this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...nloads-country
    Last edited by dotSeed; 2013-03-22 at 02:54 PM.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Isn't there already a WoW TCG?? Why would they create a NEW one that completely ignores the other. Sure this is online but still. I wonder if they will have redemption cards for mounts and pets like in the TCG.

And wtf is up with no Android support? Fuck Apple!

As much as I am disappointed with this announcement, I'll still probably give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yayyyy. PokeWoW?
    This baffles me. It's more along the lines of Magic the Gathering. Who ever collected Pokemon cards for anything more than collecting them, anyways?

I'm not against it. I'll probably even play it. I've always been a fan of card games and given that it's F2P there's no reason for me not to.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I bet more than half of the people that posted here about how great it looks won't play it, as they'l be busy on the next raid or something.
    I thought we'd have learned enough to know that a raid tier doesn't keep everyone occupied until the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Android has a larger marketshare but users don't actually buy apps in nearly the same number. It's not really stupid for developers to publish to platforms that are going to earn them more money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...nloads-country
    Except Heartstone is free to play, so derp much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I expected something more.
    This product does not interest me the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    It is completely free, no monthly fee, The only thing that costs you is if you want to buy a deck instead of earning it.
    That's exactly the problem. Earning it will take quite some time, so people who don't have enough time will have to buy it. I'm sure there will be enough incentives (e.g. rare WoW ingame pets) to get people to buy those packs by the dozen. Just like the real life TCG.

Deleted
    analnoucement

Simple pro's and con's people.

Pro - Looks fun to play.
    - Free to play so might as well try it at launch.

Con - Announced as a new game that doesn't have to do with any games they already have running. (this is just their TCG playable online)
    - Takes the social part of a TCG (being in the same room as real people) out of the game.
    - Looks like paying (real money) for in game cards will give you a large advantage over other's, especially at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, one thing I do really like about this type of development within Blizzard is that they have plans for making smaller releases like this. If this proves to be successful, I could see new opportunities for them to go into other genres and widen their views in regards to their franchises, even the ones that have been on ice since the 90s.

While Hearthstone is not a "heck yeah!" moment like their other games have been when being announced, I do see it as a positive thing.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-03-22 at 03:03 PM.