Deleted

Pitbull4 has blocked an action

hey guys i've got a problem with pitbull the unitaddon. Always when i try to report someone afk in bg an error displays which says that pitbull has been blocked etc. with 2 buttons (deactivate addon and ignore the error)

does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? pitbull is up to date. have this problem for long time already, since cataclysm iirc

I've seen the same message related to Altoholic, AtlasLoot, and various other addons and all when attempting to perform an action that is in no way related to the actual addon itself. I don't run Pitbull as I use Elv for the basic UI, so, unfortunately, I can't give an answer, just some commiseration.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Did you ever try to /reload ui to see if that fixes it?

Deleted
    yea tried several times, didnt work. sometimes i could unlearn a skill because an addon got blocked, but that worked after i reloaded the ui. doesnt work with pitbull though

Just /reload and do it again.

Welcome to Blizzard's never ending taint issue, which now affects the Honour tab too thanks to the redesign!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post

Welcome to Blizzard's never ending taint issue, which now affects the Honour tab too thanks to the redesign!

like i said it doesnt work with /reload ui

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post

what exactly is taint?

it happens a lot with various addons for me, always coming up and the only option is to cancel what i was doing or disable the addon, a /reload doesnt always fix it :Z

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what exactly is taint?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Secure_Execution_and_Tainting
    Basically, back in vanilla there were addons that clicked certain stuff automatically, fx. dispels to a raid so healers didn't have to worry about dispels for a 40man raid. They didn't like that too much.
    Secure Execution kicks in when an addon does anything Blizzard considers a hardware input or anything else that might automate gameplay too much.

So why does it happen with 50% of all addons?
    Because, LUA.
    and probably the fact that most addon authors can't code as good LUA as Blizzard, conflicting with some Secured action at some point.
    meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    and probably the fact that Blizzard can't code as good LUA as most addon authors, conflicting with some Secured action at some point.
    meh.
    FTFY.
    it's also often Blizzard mucking something up.