[speculation] Release this year....

Release is this year. Beta this summer.

Do the math:
    - Blizzard beta's are mostly lasting 3-4 months.
    - Beta starts this summer
    - Blizzcon is in November

Release: Probably on Blizzcon this year!

Even more:
    Blizzcon is a great opportunity to make the game popular. So visitors gets a special card in their goodiebag. Possibility exists that virtual ticket owners gets one too.

I don't think we can predict this game's beta based on their previous betas...

Though October/November sounds about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Even more:
    Blizzcon is a great opportunity to make the game popular. So visitors gets a special card in their goodiebag. Possibility exists that virtual ticket owners gets one too.
    I need to go to Blizzcon.

It will probably have a shorter beta due to the scale of the game vs a Massive WoW Expansion.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It will probably have a shorter beta due to the scale of the game vs a Massive WoW Expansion.
    My thoughts, too. I can't imagine beta lasting that long. The complexity isn't nearly as great as something like D3 or SC2

10+ Year Old Account
    It's highly likely they'll at least have playable versions of HS at Blizzcon, close to a release for the game in the months after. Release will depend on how much design change will happen with Beta feedback. *cough* D3 *cough*

All depends on how late in the summer they introduce the beta tbh. If it is near the end of summer then i can see a release near the christmas holidays or around blizzcon - I am actually very excited for this game

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's highly likely they'll at least have playable versions of HS at Blizzcon, close to a release for the game in the months after. Release will depend on how much design change will happen with Beta feedback. *cough* D3 *cough*
    Well if the Beta lasts shorter then 3-4 months, what you guys are thinking, then Blizzard has still enough time to finish the game.
    If the beta lasts 1-2 months they still have another 3 months the fix everything before blizzcon.

Well they have Playable versions today at Pax, i think they're further ahead then we think.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it is playable now, at PAX, I would say that it being playable at Blizzcon is a safe bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Beta starts in summer, beta will end also in summer. Release in August/September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well they have Playable versions today at Pax, i think they're further ahead then we think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since it is playable now, at PAX, I would say that it being playable at Blizzcon is a safe bet.
    D3 had a playable beta for a long time before they were done with making changes and polishing it. It's not a playable state I think is the problem, but them having a finished product that might be. Though to be fair D3 is a bad comparison, it's of a much larger scope, scale and expectations then HS is. I'm just pretty sure that if they were sure of a short beta and late summer release they would have said something a bit more definite then "this year".

15+ Year Old Account
    Soon?But not blizzard soon but real soon? I think once you have more then 2 words describing the word 'soon' soon does not mean that much. Either give me a release date or at least a quarter one or just say it will be released in the future.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It would be pretty sick if those who spend countless hours on the beta could participate in a Hearthstone tournament on Blizzcon together (or not) with its release. Since they showed us the whole caster point of view, would be an nice addition to the convention!