Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This hate filled thread has become the internet version of a lynch mob.

White mentally ill woman asking about insurance money, media interviews, white baby victim, 2 black teenagers set in the deep south.

I would wait until the full story is known before venting your bloodlust.
    Operation Red Wing

This is unfortunately how these situations are handled. The value of a life in the eyes of politicians and the media is seemingly dictated by race and or the sensationalism of the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    While police have said the two boys were between the ages of 10 and 15, the mother says she believes the younger boy was as young as 5 years old.

Probably not so much with the life sentance if they were underage :z
    Well, lifelong civil commitment would do them good. How is it possible for children, let alone this age, to get hold of guns and use them for a crime? You wouldn't want to lock up these persons as it won't do them any good. They might, with civil commitment, get back into society and this crime could be "forgotten" (you know, people will remember but these two guys will be decent fellows later).

As I've said already, it's rediculous that two persons, this young, can get hold of a gun to commit a crime. The parents are to blame aswell, as raising them well and leaving weapons out of range would have caused them not to do such a thing. It is a shame that things like this happen, whether the crime-commiting people are adults or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    Whoever shot that baby deserves a slow and painful death.He should be tied to a tree,doused with gasoline and set fire.Trash like this has no use in society.
    I do not think that is justice. While it's a horrible thing, what you suggested brings us down to their level.
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-03-27 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    In some states, the requirement for the death penalty is pretty high.

In some cases some form of torture is required to get the death penalty (when the end result is death of the victim). Not sure how it works in that state.
    Fairly certain you cannot give the death penalty to any minor, regardless of them being tried as an adult or not. They would likely just get life w/o parole.

I remember hearing about this in class, this happened about 20-40 minutes away from me. Very sad to hear, hope the two teen's get punished for it

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Innocent until proven guilty just isn't a concept to most people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty just isn't a concept to most people in this thread.
    My views are on who actually did it, i'm not even sure the two kids they grabbed, are the shooters. But one thing is true, someone did it, and is a sick individual who needs to be executed.

Deleted
    bring back torture for these kind of people, life time in prison or the electric chair is to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    These kind of people would be the ones perfect for that job.
    Do you really want people to get away with this kind of stuff legally, and not only that, be able to earn a salary doing it?
    Killing people who prey on innocent, contributing members of society is not the same as killing innocent, contributing members of society.