Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Though how much of that is because we simply don't have anywhere else to go?
    Isn't that the point, though? It draws traffic. It draws better traffic than some of their other games. Hell, they still have two subforums that haven't been posted in since Cataclysm was new. But the fact is that there are still people who come here despite the ability to go to a Darthhater, Dulfy, or TORWars to talk about the game. Even if it is filled with people who don't even play the game anymore. There's obviously enough discussion to warrant keeping it around. And it's still Star Wars.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    And LoL is the largest game int he world. Of course it should have its own subforum.
    That may be the case, but it doesn't dismiss the point I made about the number of viewers it regularly has. It may be the largest game in the world, but there are obviously much more popular sites to discuss the game than here.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL is a good "on the side" type of game, so you will find a lot of MMO players pick it up to fiddle with when things get slow in their current game. Having an LoL subforum amidst other forums is a pretty good idea. And while there might be other forums that are objectively better, each website forum has its own culture or "meta game" that could be a turn on or a turn off to posters. MMO-Champ tends to be fairly civil with a lot of good straight forward information.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That may be the case, but it doesn't dismiss the point I made about the number of viewers it regularly has. It may be the largest game in the world, but there are obviously much more popular sites to discuss the game than here.
    By that logic, we should have never created any other game subforums...since you know...this is all about the juggernaut. Additionally, they have bills to pay....mabye the potential audience outweighs the shallow pool of people who only have here to go? Maybe they have metrics that more people view that forum when we're asleep/not seeing it.

Idk...just throwing out reasons for the season.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    MMO-Champ tends to be fairly civil with a lot of good straight forward information.
    Ha....Ha..oh wait *spitscoffee* you're serious? In the words of G. Takei: "Oh My".
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Want my wishful thinking?
    Swtor: NGE
    Combat pulled from firefall / battlefront
    Space combat pulled from rouge squadron III
    No leveling. Every planet is end game. Each planet has easy zones and hard zones. Skill and grouping suggested for hard zones.
    Filled with dynamic events and invasions. Every zone is old school AV and you are fighting eachother.
    One mega server.
    Gear augment your character rather than makes it stronger.
    Titles and stuff for completing chapters and planet quests.
    Revamp of raiding to adjust for new combat.
    Complex crafting.
    Swoop racing / pod racing from N64.
    Pazzak
    Leader boards for everything.

ect ect ect.

A man can dream... A man can dream.

I would pay 30 bucks a month to play such game. Why the hell won't they make such game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    I would pay 30 bucks a month to play such game. Why the hell won't they make such game!
    He basically described Firefall to you, lol. Just not with light sabers. ..Yet. (and it's free)
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha....Ha..oh wait *spitscoffee* you're serious? In the words of G. Takei: "Oh My".
    Its all relative. Have you tried using the general forums? Its like a post-apocolyptic wasteland or...a wretched hive of scum an villiany. I don't think I've seen anyone of these forums tell someone else that they should uninstall and committ suicide when asking a simple (albeit nooby) question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never tried, mostly because I'm not allowed to use them. On the topic of forums, I'm starting to think they are breaking the last remaining tethers of faith in humanity I ever had. Recent experiences on this one, but mostly another one, have made me realize that they are just cesspools of bleating sheep and hypocritical management.

It might be time for me to delete my accounts and retreat to my hermitic seclusion. (not to be confused with hermetic, because I am certainly not going to take up alchemy any time soon)
    BAD WOLF

There may be some sub forums that are bad, but overall this site isn't nearly as bad as others. I've found the key over the years is to stick to certain sub forums and stay far away from anything with " general " attached to it.

For instance, I post in the " sports and fitness " sub forum on the NHL thread some, both because I like hockey and because its fairly civil. While I don't post as much here anymore, I do read it some because its the same way, although I freely admit its basically to just watch Rome burn.

Believe it or not even the WoW forums have a few that aren't too bad, its just a matter of finding them.

On the original topic of this thread, I'm not surprised it didn't turn out to be anything all that exciting. That has pretty much been the case from the start, except for the guild summit, which has pretty much turned out to be something that either makes you laugh or cry. So many promises made, so little actually done from that point on.

He basically described Firefall to you, lol. Just not with light sabers. ..Yet. (and it's free)
    Melee frame is like past 5000 votes or something :P
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

By that logic, we should have never created any other game subforums...since you know...this is all about the juggernaut. Additionally, they have bills to pay....mabye the potential audience outweighs the shallow pool of people who only have here to go? Maybe they have metrics that more people view that forum when we're asleep/not seeing it.

Idk...just throwing out reasons for the season.
    Except I'm not the person saying they don't understand why there is still a subforum for TOR? I'm merely the person who is giving reasons why they would keep it around.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-03-27 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Honestly? So would I.
    It would be the starwars game I always wanted.
    Every good bit of every good star wars game.

That's what a star wars MMO should strive to be.

(I would hope I would be paying 30 dollars a month in DLC adventure / raid packs tho. subscription leaves too many players out)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-28 at 02:30 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa... I just finally noticed that dh had gone through "changes," too. Wow, so much wreckage in its wake.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa... I just finally noticed that dh had gone through "changes," too. Wow, so much wreckage in its wake.
    Hrrm? /10char
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrrm? /10char
    Back in January. I didn't realize the vets were gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, well...to be expected really. Quite a volatile environment surrounding the whole thing really.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, it's pretty much just Vox. One of the other mods just posted recently on one of the topics and admitted to not playing the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's pretty much just Vox. One of the other mods just posted recently on one of the topics and admitted to not playing the game anymore.
    Can't say we haven't seen it happen to other game community's, remember Only-WAR and WHA? Shame to see it happen to even the supported sites, like DH.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it crashed pretty hard. But those that are left aren't toxic whiners, at least.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)