Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.3 Scenario - Blood in the Snow

[SPOILERS] - This thread contains spoilers and will inevitably contain major spoilers once the Scenario is being tested. You have been warned!

Okay so I wanted to see what everybodies thoughts on what this scenario might entail.
    For those who haven't read the description of the scenario here it is:

An agent of Zandalar has infiltrated Dun Morogh and rallied the Frostmane trolls. At Varian’s request, Moira will lead her personal guard against them once the king’s champions have stopped the magical storm protecting Shimmer Ridge.

So we're getting Dwarf lore!
    This scenario gives me the impression it's gonna be hopefully packed with story. For starters it's got Moira in it which hopefully means it will be serious as that's all she's been up until this point. On top of this we might see some Dark Irons in action.

The description mentions Varian. Does that mean that this is another trial? If it were I'd probably assume it would be to do with unity of races trying to get the Dwarves to co-exist. But I'm not sure.

What are peoples hopes for this scenario?
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-03-23 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    So Varian requests Moira to defend her own lands? That's your high king! Seems Moira is useless as Tyrande. I really want to see how bad they will implement Velen in future...

Will we get the guy who's stuck in stone/crystal/whatever back? I don't take much notice of lore, but just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Will we get the guy who's stuck in stone/crystal/whatever back? I don't take much notice of lore, but just a thought.
    I doubt it. One of the assumptions people always made was that the Dwarves would want to research the Mogu's flesh and stone shaping to find a way to undo Magni's state. Sadly this hadn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    So Varian requests Moira to defend her own lands?
    It depends on the circumstances. For all we know it could've been Muradin who initially would've defended the land but Varian requests Moira to lead it to test her or something like that.

Deleted
    This sounds like a Li Fals Proo.

(Hint: the above phrase is an anagram).

Deleted
    How about all those patch notes are april first jokes?

Bilzzard never says:
    More info soon.
    In classes

10+ Year Old Account
    We might get to see some Golems is one of my top hopes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That was my first thought too..
    Why does Varian have to request that? =/
    Yeh, tho i think they meant it like "At Varian’s request, the king’s champions will stop the magical storm protecting Shimmer Ridge so Moira can lead her personal guard against trolls." Dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemrus View Post

Bilzzard never says:
    More info soon.
    In classes
    If it is then I'll have a bunch of choice words to dispense. Dwarf lore is no joke!

So Varian requests Moira to defend her own lands? That's your high king! Seems Moira is useless as Tyrande. I really want to see how bad they will implement Velen in future...
    Even if she is part of the council, Dun Morogh is Bronzebeard land. Varian already trusts Muradin, sending Moira may be a way to test her loyalty. In fact, we might see her failing that test and joining Garrosh.

This sounds to me like an excuse to give the dwarfs something to do seeing that they have been strangely quiet all xpac

I would love to see magni come back from being a diamond to put his daughter back in her place and reclaim ironforge

Bilzzard never says:
    More info soon.
    In classes

Over a week too early for that and yes they have before (multiple times). Granted every other time it has been while making large changes to that class which I doubt they are doing this time but in the past it has given them a chance to discuss the reasoning behind their changes when they make them.

Another time they did it so that they could do a 'state of the class' talk for everyone.

Bilzzard never says:
    More info soon.
    In classes
    Blizz jokes are never that subtle plus its still over a week till april fools

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Blizz jokes are never that subtle
    Lol, true. Even Garrosh being MEAN is rubbed in our faces, otherwise majority of players would not understand it. (and maybe that's why little patience scenario is what it is...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    In fact, we might see her failing that test and joining Garrosh.
    Why are people obsessed with her going Horde? It would contradict all of her actions not to mention how she's always been a person of subtlety. She already has the agreement she wanted, she just needs to wait and so far she seems quite happy to do just that.

All she wants atm is for her son to rule both the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards. She has been told that when he's of age that will happen. Until then all she has to do is groom him for the throne. If she were to go rogue then her and her son would not be allowed back on the throne.

If they handle this well it will be great. Moira has added a rather serious edge to the Dwarves that they perhaps been missing for a while. It would be a damn shame to lose her.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-03-23 at 09:43 AM.

At least we'll see some Dwarf action, better than nothing, and nice to Moira do something. Looking forward to it.

It's definitely to test her loyalty to the Alliance, can't see why else Varian had to request it her specifically otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Why are people obsessed with her going Horde? It would contradict all of her actions not to mention how she's always been a person of subtlety. She already has the agreement she wanted, she just needs to wait and so far she seems quite happy to do just that.

All she wants atm is for her son to rule both the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards. She has been told that when he's of age that will happen. Until then all she has to do is groom him for the throne. If she were to go rogue then her and her son would not be allowed back on the throne.

If they handle this well it will be great. Moira has added a rather serious edge to the Dwarves that they perhaps been missing for a while. It would be a damn shame to lose her.
    I don't want her to join the Horde, I want her to join Garrosh and die painfully in Siege of Orgrimmar. The Dark Irons have been trying to destroy the Bronzebeard kingdom for centuries, she getting in love with one isn't enough for both clans to forget the past and become friends.

There may be good Dark Iron dwarves, but if those guys join the Alliance as a whole, they will become just another issue inside Ironforge. Moira doesn't have the power to rule the Dark Irons and force them to behave, and this has been seen already, it doesn't really matter if she is loyal, most Dark Irons aren't.

Either they prove themselves useful and loyal or they should be kicked back into their mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already can't wait for 5.3

Like 6 new scenarios?
    1 new BG?
    1 new Arena?

I can't wait what will be coming more!
    They stepped up their game indeed! Amazing!

( I'm pretty sure last years april fools joke was the raid boss voices all over azeroth?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Either they prove themselves useful and loyal or they should be kicked back into their mountain.
    If you do the domination point scenario as a horde you will see dark iron dwarfs fighting for the alliance