Cloak and Dagger for arena?

Hey guys, it seems like top arena rogues use cloak and dagger. Any specific reason for why this is better than shadowstep?

I am not particularly fond of arenas but the use of C&D is outstanding. In a subterfuge or Shadow Dance you can Cheap Shot or Garrote the other team in a matter of seconds.

granted you're completely energy starved after that but you basically have some of the best peels in the game. IMO

15+ Year Old Account
    ShS for long games, CD for double dps or short-term cleaves.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

I found it awesome for countering classes that can kite you around. So if they start running, you can pop your shadow dance, and then continually keep doing your opener, trying to eventually get them stunned and inmobile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    ShS for long games, CD for double dps or short-term cleaves.
    this guy nailed it.

since there is no double shadowstep in MOP, this new ability C&D is the mostly popular choice for most of PVP rogues.

C&D provides the reliability for our dances which is when we're most likely to land kills.
    Nothing really worse than being kited or denied openers during our most lethal burst CD.

That's not to say shadow step isn't viable but for high end arena C&D pulls ahead for me