Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Calling it now Mass Effect Online is coming.

Calling it now a mass effect mmorpgfps is coming next. Lets speculate on what it would be like if it happened.

Why would Bioware come out with another MMO when they already have SWTOR? I doubt they'd want to spread their resources over two games that would require teams working on updates constantly.

God I hope not. I don't trust any MMO in Bioware's hands ever now. Plus I don't even want a Mass Effect MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just a wild guess really. I doubt it will actually happen, but they said they were going to develop a mass effect game where u can experience the world in a different way. If not a mmo, then perhaps a skyrim style fpsrpg?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    God I hope not. I don't trust any MMO in Bioware's hands ever now. Plus I don't even want a Mass Effect MMO.
    Not to be too obvious about it all, but SWTOR was/is a great game. It just wasn't as fluid as WoW, but other than that, I think it's a better game than WoW in many, many respects.
    The problem with SWTOR, however, lies outside of the actual game. Server problems, the fact that it was a Star Wars game, the absurd hardware demands, and the fact that marketing and such was done by EA was what ruined the experience. That, and bugs, of course... But bugs are excusable.

Bioware could make an absolutely brilliant MMO... They pretty much already did make a brilliant MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 'new thing' doesn't mean MMO.

Honestly, I think they should drop the IP and move onto something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    "calling it now" ... getting awfully old tbh.

But a new Mass Effect game wouldn´t be a surprise, and they would be really careful with making another mmo considering how Star Wars: Tor went (and yes I agree Tor is a great game, but not very filling once you get to the end).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I doubt that after Bioware massively failed the highest cost ever MMO just recently with infallible IP, I doubt they'd finance them for another with far less of possible user-base.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I certainly hope they don't ruin the franchise by turning it into an mmo. I'm fairly sure it won't be though.

Deleted
    The phrase "Calling it now" has been used so much and in the wrong places that honestly, it has no meaning anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    swtor was pushed out in beta-condition. the engine hadn't been tweaked to where they wanted it, but EA told them it was time to move and they had to, EA was the money

former bw employees have said exactly this. they were told you have until X and X was months after launch. they expected as late as august that a Q1 2012 release was the target

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I doubt that after Bioware massively failed the highest cost ever MMO just recently with infallible IP, I doubt they'd finance them for another with far less of possible user-base.
    Personally, I think that Star Wars is about the worst IP ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    After the failure of the old republic? I highly doubt that they would attempt another MMO any time soon.

I think after SWTOR that EA isn't to keen on another big budget MMO's for a while.

More likely seems that the "new thing" is that it's still in the universe, but a different type of game altogether.

I would have no interest in this to be honest. After SWTOR I have no reason to trust them in mmo's and honestly I have no interest left in mmos out side of ESO. Really I find it hard to get hyped over a game just due to the universe it is set in anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    an rts would be cool, could imagine playing different races who knows though, whatever it is ill be playing it likely

I certainly hope not. Nothing ruins a good RPG like making it an MMO.

Granted, SWTOR is my favorite MMO, but I would have rather seen KOTOR III

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no.

Anything but an MMO.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    "calling it now" ... getting awfully old tbh.

But a new Mass Effect game wouldn´t be a surprise, and they would be really careful with making another mmo considering how Star Wars: Tor went (and yes I agree Tor is a great game, but not very filling once you get to the end).
    Oh they've already announced intentions for ME4 (I say 4 as it would be the fourth major ME game, not that it would come after ME3 or involve Shepard in anyway) but I hope to all that is holy that it isn't an MMO.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    More likely seems that the "new thing" is that it's still in the universe, but a different type of game altogether.
    This. OR, it will be a game in the same style, but with a completely new set of characters, from a different perspective, and/or maybe in a totally different time period. There is so much lore to be found in the ME series that they could come up with dozens of possible game ideas from it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Please no.

Anything but an MMO.
    I wholeheartedly concur.