Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think the game failed the minute they made it based on the Warhammer IP, which only allowed two factions and then the devs never thought about server balance issues.
    OH. FUCK. YOU.

Read the fucking background, the two faction approach is a complete invention of Mythic with no basis in real Warhammer. I blame the idiocy of WoW and MMO's crippling desire to ape it for causing that. If it was based on actual Warhammer fluff, we would have had Greenskins on one side, Chaos on another (and anyone who knows the fluff knows that Chaos is actually divided into three races - Norse, Kurgan and Hung) and the Empire itself could have been divided into its own faction with eight fucking different races - Reiklander, Nordlander, Middenlander, etc, etc.

The way it approached fluff was sickening - Imperial villages in Norsca, a Tzeentchian bringing about the End-Times, Norse and Dark Elves working together on an extensive basis, bah. AND HOW THE FUCK DO I GET FROM NORSCA TO NORDLAND ON FOOT WITHOUT TRAVELLING THROUGH TROLL COUNTRY AND KISLEV FIRST?! WHY THE FUCK DON'T I JUST GET ON A LONGSHIP AND SAIL THE SEA OF CLAWS?!

No seriously, this fucking 'observation' is so off base it makes me angrier than usual.

*sigh* I miss my Chaos Champion.. Oh well, at least Creative Assembly are making their own Warhammer game. I'll be back raiding the Northern provinces of the Empire with Norse marauders at my back soon enough.

People are still playing WAR. Tons of pvp action in Nordland, last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    EA happened.

Oh and they should probably have made a 40K MMO instead, since that's a way bigger niché. Not to mention that eh, Warhammer Fantasy's world is just a random feral world caught in a Warp Storm anyways.
    You know, I've never had a very high opinion of you, but I even I thought you might have figured out that they're entirely seperate continities.

If you wanna bring up the Albion campaign, know that that was made uncanon shortly after it happened.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2013-03-31 at 04:55 PM.

Was bored out of my mind a few months back so decided to see how Warhammer was doing. For me it seemed like nothing had changed since the last time I played. It's a flawed game. It had a lot of potential but in the long run it was and still is a bad game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play it much. Mind you, i started because i'm fond of titles, and there was one even for clicking on your character 100 times. So yeah.
    I liked it at first. But somehow, after turning off the computer, i never felt the desire to play again. I struggled for some days to get to appreciate it, to no avail. That was the main reason i stopped, along with the fact i don't really like PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    didnt the game just shut down like a few days ago? i might be thinking of another warhammer game. but i do know 1 of the warhammer games shut down.

Warhammer Wrath of Heroes shut down recently.

It was an attempt to salvage the IP by spinning MMO PVP with MOBA gameplay.

It was an unmitigated disaster. Didn't even make it out of beta proper.

Bought it at launch, it was released to early and was a buggy mess not unlike swtor. Went back to it on a whim during the lul of wows 9 month dragon soul placeholder before pandaria and found it fixed a lot of its problems but was effectively a "zombie mmo" that was still up and functioning but the odds of expansions, new content and deep story progression was as likely as it raining paint tomorrow. The starting experiences were truncated and anyone into warhammer lore isnt going to really enjoy the hodgepodge debacle of whats been strung together in its place.

The game had a LOT of potential, but EA just trys to push stuff out as early as possible for the earliest profit margines on any game of theirs with micro transactions or a subscription model so it just became another casualty to EAs butchering of franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Warhammer Wrath of Heroes shut down recently.

It was an attempt to salvage the IP by spinning MMO PVP with MOBA gameplay.

It was an unmitigated disaster. Didn't even make it out of beta proper.
    It could have worked, but the game was pure button mashing combined with the horribly unresponsive WAR controls/game feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's still running. Very rarely do MMOs "die". They can run for years and years with like 100k player at most.

Warhammer was simply too buggy, unpolished and incomplete at launch. They rushed it out the door. Wasn't ready.
    This is true. It was too buggy.
    It's sad that game is getting too few content updates.
    (or maybe it's not getting them anymore)

I played this game, and in the beginning it had some serious and hilarious bugs. For instance I had a screenie with an NPC with 5 meter long arms and legs. I stopped playing because I got bored with it, not necessarily because the game was bad or anything.