Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wink The 7th Sha is...

The Sha of Chaos!!!

I've been doing a bit of reading into Pandaria lore, and the 6 negative emotions are all over the place in lore. They're in The Seven Burdens of Shaohao.

http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Seven_Burdens_of_Shaohao

Also in The Dark Heart of the Mogu we see mentions of the 6 negative emotions. However, look at this sentance. " And the resulting disarray in the capitol left the empire in chaos for over two years while the saurok melted back into the wilds and disappeared..." It seems after all 6 emotions are felt or conquored Chaos emerges. This is also true in The Seven Burdens of Shaohao, where The First Emperor conquers all 6 Sha and the sundering happens. Given it doesn't happen as a direct result of the Emperor, but the Emperor knew it would happen as in a vision, and set out to conquer the 6 sha to try to save Pandaria.

What's this mean for us? Alliance and Horde are in a war, all of the 6 negative emotions have been slain, and yet Garrosh seeks to control the power of the Sha for himself. Remember the divine bell quest in 5.1? Here's what is said for Alliance side after you kill Ishi and destroy the Divine Bell.

"
    Ishi says: Warchief! I... I have failed you.
    Garrosh walks away from the bell and stands in the center of the platform.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Yes, Ishi. You have.
    Garrosh turns to face Anduin.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Your interference has cost me a great warrior, young prince. You'll pay with your life.
    Anduin Wrynn says: That is where you are wrong, Garrosh.
    Anduin Wrynn says: The mogu made the Divine Bell to create chaos, but the pandaren created a special mallet to turn the echoes of that chaos into perfect harmony. That mallet was hidden for thousands of years, until now.
    Anduin leaps upward and performs an overhand strike on the Divine Bell, stunning Garrosh and causing the bell to crack violently.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Die, whelp!!
    Garrosh pulls himself together, closes the gap, and strikes at Anduin, but hits the Divine Bell, shattering it. The bell crumples in a heap onto Anduin, who has been crushed within an inch of his life!
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Your Alliance must be at its end if you're sending your children against me.
    Garrosh turns to face the adventurer.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I will let you live so that you can tell your King of the price for his continued defiance!
    Garrosh mounts his wyvern and takes off, laughing "

Through all these subtle hints, I"m almost certain that The Sha of Chaos will be the 7th Sha, and the one we will ultimately be fighting with in Garrosh who is consumed by chaos, with in his own faction, with in this blind war, with him him conquering all of Kalimdor.

Nice catch!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite interesting, really. When all 6 Sha Manifest, the strongest emerges. I like the sound of that.

What would be pretty cool is if when you fight Heroic Garrosh in The Siege of Orgrimar, his final phase The Sha of Chaos comes out and it's like one of the many Sha fights lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever explain the gigantic Sha that pops up in the Jade Forest when the Hozen & Jinyu clash? It's much, much larger than any other Sha we've seen. I always thought it was the Sha of Violence or Doubt, but that seems weird.

Deleted
    Nope, the Sha is a physical manifestation of negative feelings.
    And chaos isn't a feeling.

Also the seven sha are supposedly the seven head of Y'Shaarj, the chaos itself may be Y'Shaarj or a mega-merging sha of the doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Did they ever explain the gigantic Sha that pops up in the Jade Forest when the Hozen & Jinyu clash? It's much, much larger than any other Sha we've seen. I always thought it was the Sha of Violence or Doubt, but that seems weird.
    It's the Sha of Doubt, the one in the Jade Serpent temple. We flushed in down to the ground. He is weaker in the jade serpent temple cause the reason of his presence here is not as violent as a whole battle, so he have less feelings to feed of.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-24 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Sha of Doubt. Not sure why it's so huge in the cinematic compared to in-game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Violence isn't an emotion, and yet it's a Sha. You can feel Chaotic, resulting in erratic, and insane behavior. Your logic is flawed sir.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It's the Sha of Doubt. Not sure why it's so huge in the cinematic compared to in-game, though.
    I guess my next question would be...why would the Sha of DOUBT pop up during a brutal conflict?

Damn it, Blizzard.

Because that's the Sha that was sealed beneath the pillar of Yu'lon. When the Hozen and Jin'yu clashed, they broke the pillar and released the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my next question would be...why would the Sha of DOUBT pop up during a brutal conflict?

Damn it, Blizzard.
    It was being subdued from the statue or whatever. Then our constant fighting is basically cracking the glass until it shatters and the Sha goes and says "HAI GUYZ DO U LIEK NEGATIVE FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS!?!?"

(Not trying to be mean. Just felt like being silly)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkavon View Post
    Because that's the Sha that was sealed beneath the pillar of Yu'lon. When the Hozen and Jin'yu clashed, they broke the pillar and released the Sha.
    I guess comparing them now, they do share the same model, as opposed to other Sha.

Drat. I wanted a Super Captain Mega Sha, too.

Also the seven sha are supposedly the seven head of Y'Shaarj, the chaos itself may be Y'Shaarj or a mega-merging sha of the doom.

No they're not? Violence isn't an emotion last I checked.

I'm fine with it being chaos, that'd actually be nifty, instead of everyone assuming "GARROSH IS SUPER ARROGANT, MUST BE PRIDE."

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 07:03 PM ----------

Damn it, Blizzard.
    Garrosh's largest feeling, aside from Pride, is Doubt.

He's filled with doubt he'll fail the Orc people and the Horde, which is also his entire motivation for EVERYTHING he does. He doubts he'll ever be a success, and will forever be a failure.

That's what really adds zest to his character. Underneath that crazed exterior is just a small child filled with doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Is sha of happines.

♥ {◕ ◡ ◕} ♥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Violence isn't an emotion, and yet it's a Sha. You can feel Chaotic, resulting in erratic, and insane behavior. Your logic is flawed sir.
    You are right, but i could also say that the seventh sha is the sha of sausage cause the word sausage is somewhere in a quest text.
    Remember that words, even when a Sha is called like one of them, are still usable with their usual sense, without especially pointing out any kind of being.

The chaos is a state of utter confusion and disorder.

"Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell’s screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path."

Firstly, it doesn't seem that mogus are empowered in any way by Sha, so it's probably not about Sha since it's stated the mogu are empowered by the bell's tone.
    "The bell's screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies" = chaos

Anduin wasn't especially pointing the Sha when he said chaos, he only used the word normally, according to it's definition, plus he doesn't especially know anything more than us on the subject, so he was probably not pointing the seventh sha.
    We could say that the bell is made to empower mogus with the sha but that's totally irelevant since we can't say that ONLY BECAUSE there are two words matching massive sha's name, thoses could simply be used according to their sense without especially pointing thoses shas.

And finally, the seventh sha isn't even confirmed.
    It may appear, but that's not 100% sure.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-24 at 07:19 PM.

Chaos Control!!!!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

You are right, but i could also say that the seventh sha is the sha of sausage cause the word sausage is somewhere in some quest text.
    Remember that words, even when a Sha is called like one of them, are still usable with their usual sense.

"Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell’s screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path."

Firstly, it doesn't seem that mogus are empowered in any way by Sha, so it's probably not about Sha since it's stated the mogu are empowered by the bell's tone.
    "The bell's screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies" = chaos

Anduin wasn't especially pointing the Sha when he said chaos, he only used the word normally, according to it's definition, plus he doesn't especially know anything more than us on the subject, so he was probably not pointing the seventh sha.
    We could say that the bell is made to empower mogus with the sha but that's totally irelevant since we can't say that ONLY BECAUSE there are two words matching massive sha's name, thoses could simply be used according to their sense without especially pointing thoses shas.

Actually it is Kuraga.

Let me find the video.

Also, it was on the front page a week or two ago.

Plus, for all we know, the 7th Sha is the fusion of all 6.

Google before you comment about stuff that's confirmed/not confirmed mate.

EDIT: http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/gam...-thunder-king/

There is it. Go listen. Lots of nice little Lore tidbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

You are right, but i could also say that the seventh sha is the sha of sausage cause the word sausage is somewhere in a quest text.
    Remember that words, even when a Sha is called like one of them, are still usable with their usual sense, without especially pointing out any kind of being.

The seventh sha is confirmed in an interview by Gamebreaker.tv. It was actually on the front page of MMO-Champ recently too, little bit before 5.2 came out. You're really taking this whole dig literal, and I'm taking it as alliteration and fore-shadowing for a future plot reveal. I'm theory crafting what will happen and be revealed in 5.4, and your playing devil's advocate.

I could be wrong, but due to my strong sources and evidence I am 95% certain that The Sha of Chaos will the be 7th Sha.

I think this holds some weight. There is something going on in Pandaria that we are being used for, I just get that feeling from the lore so far. Like we are being used in some scheme to reassemble Y'shaarj. The mantid give me this feeling. If they want Y'shaarj to return one day, why do they purge their queen every time she shows signs of a sha? Why do the mantid not what sha to emerge as well, even though THEY WANT Y'shaarj back and tell us thus. Something just seems off to me.

The bell seemed to be a way to focus all the emotions of the various sha into chaos like in the OP. We see this in Ishi as he experiences every sha emotion through the dialogue and we see them floating around but is unable to master them all and control himself, he's chaotic. Also why are the Mogu(servants of the titans who fought the old gods) making bells that manipulate sha's and make people more powerful. I thought they were enemies back in the day, the Mogu even use sha magic against us. Another thing that is just off....

One problem I have with this approach though is if chaos is the 7th head and the 7 heads combined are Y'shaarrj. Yet chaos is really the other 6 emotions combined, does that mean that Y'shaarj is chaos embodied and his essence will be resurrected?
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-24 at 07:51 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I think this holds some weight. There is something going on in Pandaria that we are being used for, I just get that feeling from the lore so far. Like we are being used in some scheme to reassemble Y'shaarj.
    The part that most interests me is the fact that almost every single, if not all, Sha mobs drop Vials of Mist or something of the sort. The Mists suddenly parted, we show up, and the Sha are here? I have a feeling the Shattering did a lot more than just expose Pandaria.

There's something huge going down.