Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ideal deactivation order for Lei Shen?

So my guild is working on Lei Shen (10N) and we are getting to the 30% mark but it just is out of control. Normally we have deactivated Diffusion Beam first... But I am unconvinced that is ideal. I feel like Deactivating Bouncing Bolts first would make the second intermission less devastating, because of the potential of getting like 4 per side with static shock also out.

Any suggestions?
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    So my guild is working on Lei Shen (10N) and we are getting to the 30% mark but it just is out of control. Normally we have deactivated Diffusion Beam first... But I am unconvinced that is ideal. I feel like Deactivating Bouncing Bolts first would make the second intermission less devastating, because of the potential of getting like 4 per side with static shock also out.

Any suggestions?
    We did the Static Shock one first and leveled up the Diffusion Chain conduit in P2.

10+ Year Old Account
    That also seems like a good idea.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post

Any suggestions?
    Why are you leveling up bouncing bolts before the 2nd transition? Unless you're trying to deactivate it, it should just be level 1 before the transition (level 2 during), and each group should only need to deal with 2 balls.

OT: We did diffusion chain->Overcharge. Liked diffusion chain since every other platform allowed us to stack (for the most part) in p2, and overcharge 2nd because it's the least dangerous in transitions if done right, so it was the one we wanted to deal with at level 3.

We do diffusion chain in the first one, and it makes the second transition a complete joke. We level overcharge up in the second phase since it does 0 damage.

This is what we do.
    Phase 1: Diffusion to 90, All others to 80.
    Transition: Stay spread unless you need to stack.
    Phase 2: Static shock and bouncing bolt to 90. Overcharge levels up and stays there to transition.
    Transition: Stay stack unless you need to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    We did the Static Shock one first and leveled up the Diffusion Chain conduit in P2.
    We do this too. Static Shock is the only thing that can one shot you in the second transition. Diffusion Chain does like no damage even with the add. As long as you soak every Bouncing Bolt the transitions should be really easy healing-wise.

We do diffusion first Without touching static shock so its 0 energy 0 levels first transition. We then power up halo to full stacks 99 energy. and balls/shock to like 70 energy before push.

Deleted
    we get rid of the bouncing balls (adds u have to soak to stop spawning), then static shock for 2nd

With so many classes/specs that can solo soak static shock you're best off getting rid of diffusion chain first and like people said already it makes the second intermission a complete joke

15+ Year Old Account
    Killed it last night, took us around 20 pulls, we deactivated Diffusion Chain first, and level Static Shock to level two in second phase

made 2nd transimision a joke, so basicly after u get the hang of first transition and second phase it's pretty much a kill, gl
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    deactivating bouncing bolts makes intermission 2 a joke.

For 10N, we brought static shock up to 90 for the first transition and used immunities to soak it. We levelled up diffusion chain for the 2nd intermission, since it's pretty easy to just spread out twice and not worry about it after that. For 25N, we had to change up our strat and overcharged diffusion chain first (ran into lots of issues with simultaneous diffusion chain + overcharge, etc) and then I believe overcharge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just out line how our guild does it. Every guild tends to pick a different thing to level out of Diffusion, Static, or Bouncing. What you choose to level first is gonna depend on your raid comp and how comfortable your raid is with dealing with each individual mechanic.

P1: Get bouncing bolts to 90-95 energy, all other platforms 70-80
    -----Intermission-----
    P2: Static Shock and Diffusion Chain to 80-90 energy ( no level up ) -> Then sit at overcharge until 2nd intermission pushes
    2nd Intermission: Spread right before Diffusion/Overcharge and then group up for overcharge. Hope people with immunities get static shock.

Get rid of whatever causes your group the most problems. Everyone is different. Whats easy for some, is hard for others.

We've always found disabling bouncing bolt first to be easiest. And keep static shock as low energy as possible for transitions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFJ5nA-EX5c Here's a video of this.

Deleted
    We just disabled diffused first, and then sat on static before the second intermission. With bad rng a powered up static was a bit troublesome, and I could imagine that sitting on overcharge is better really (especially if your comp doesn't have that many people capable of soaking them), but we didn't struggle enough to change our strat.

I'm kinda curious about the reasoning behind removing bouncing which several people here seem to advocate. To me it just seems like the more harmless version of diffused, both force you to (periodically) spread, the adds (from bouncing) seem to hit for significantly less and the balls themselves deal minor, very predictable, damage.

The reason is that diffusion chain never lines up with static shock and bouncing bolt always lines up with static shock.

Bouncing bolt is disabled so that people will never have an issue making it in for static shock. Since static shock is much more lethal than overcharge diffusion chain seemed inconsequential.

You could disable static shock but that means taking very high damage in the first transition which doesn't seem worth it.

Mind you this is much more of an issue in 25 with 4-5 bolts and needing all 6 people stacked but we just ported our 25 strategy to 10 and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-03-26 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I'm kinda curious about the reasoning behind removing bouncing which several people here seem to advocate. To me it just seems like the more harmless version of diffused, both force you to (periodically) spread, the adds (from bouncing) seem to hit for significantly less and the balls themselves deal minor, very predictable, damage.
    for our group, personally, we found it annoying in the 2nd intermission if a string of bad bounces went off. it would spiral out of control really fast and it felt even more RNG than who the static shock went on.

to OP: forgot to include in first post but here's our first kill (with vent):

Deleted
    The reason is that diffusion chain never lines up with static shock and bouncing bolt always lines up with static shock.
    Ah alright, very valid reason then, guess I would've figured it out if we spent a bit more time on it^^. I still doubt removing bouncing would've been worth it for us though, the only abilities that seemed to be scary at all were the diffused adds (they seemed to obliterate dps very quickly) and static, once maxed (with terrible rng that was basically a cr that we had to waste in the second transmission), so removing one of these seemed close to mandatory for us. I guess us mostly solo soaking the statics in the second transition made the bouncing a way smaller issue than for most groups.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-26 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Ah alright, very valid reason then, guess I would've figured it out if we spent a bit more time on it^^. I still doubt removing bouncing would've been worth it for us though, the only abilities that seemed to be scary at all were the diffused adds (they seemed to obliterate dps very quickly) and static, once maxed (with terrible rng that was basically a cr that we had to waste in the second transmission), so removing one of these seemed close to mandatory for us. I guess us mostly solo soaking the statics in the second transition made the bouncing a way smaller issue than for most groups.
    diffused is only bad if you dont spread for the chain. i suppose its different for every raid group