Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    spriest need a nerf?everyteam have a spriest.

    i feel 35% of spriest will get glad this season.this remember me the kfc from last season^^

    atm im playing moonkin,disc,unh dk and we are rank 2 on retal 6 mins for queue pop take forever to grind rating

  2. #2
    Spriests are one of the few reason why Rshamans representation is relatively high and comparable to Paladins. If you nerf Spriests who allow Rshamans to function properly by bringing in utility they need you'd nerf Rshamans aswell. So no, they don't need a nerf, thanks!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Spriests are one of the few reason why Rshamans representation is relatively high and comparable to Paladins. If you nerf Spriests who allow Rshamans to function properly by bringing in utility they need you'd nerf Rshamans aswell. So no, they don't need a nerf, thanks!
    Nerf Shadow Priests, buff Resto Shamans. Fixed.

  4. #4
    They have already recieved TONS of nerfs, even more than warriors/hunters/mages from 5.0 to now, so no please, let it go.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    They have already recieved TONS of nerfs, even more than warriors/hunters/mages from 5.0 to now, so no please, let it go.
    they received about 50 straight patches of buff since wotlk too. fuck they overhauled them so much they're not even comparable to wotlk spriest anymore

    if people are playing anything in high numbers, it's ONLY because it's overpowered

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    They have already recieved TONS of nerfs, even more than warriors/hunters/mages from 5.0 to now, so no please, let it go.
    wouldnt be good if u werent so fotm anymore rite.

    sps needs a big fat nerf.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    442
    Make health swap only for healers. And psychic scream has ridiculously low CD..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Make health swap only for healers. And psychic scream has ridiculously low CD..
    fear and sheep have no cooldown

  10. #10
    If nothing else I'd say psychic scream could use a CD increase, if for no other reason than it's boring to fight a priest and spend half the time CCed. Heck I'd even be okay with a damage increase or something in exchange for that, simply so when I fight a spriest I actually spend more than half the time...actually fighting the spriest.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 08:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    fear and sheep have no cooldown
    Sheep regenerates the target and fear is a single target with a cast time. PS with a cast time or PS that heals me? That could work, but I doubt spriests would prefer that to a CD increase.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    If nothing else I'd say psychic scream could use a CD increase, if for no other reason than it's boring to fight a priest and spend half the time CCed. Heck I'd even be okay with a damage increase or something in exchange for that, simply so when I fight a spriest I actually spend more than half the time...actually fighting the spriest.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 08:48 PM ----------



    Sheep regenerates the target and fear is a single target with a cast time. PS with a cast time or PS that heals me? That could work, but I doubt spriests would prefer that to a CD increase.
    Wasn't saying that they werent balanced, just saying that you have no basis saying that the cooldown is "way" too short. I was providing completely unrelated things without cooldowns to assert this.

  12. #12
    Spriest is the strongest overall class right now IMO. They bring everything to the table: cc, great healing, hard as shit to kill, high damage, high burst, amazing utility (MD alone is amazing), and they make teammates hard as hell to kill. They need a nerf somewhere to be sure.

    Quick check, top 7 out of the 10 top teams on bloodlust (considered "best" US bg) have an spriest. r1 on shadowburn, r1 on stormstrike, hell im not even going to bother to continue. Spriest is far too strong.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    Sheep regenerates the target and fear is a single target with a cast time. PS with a cast time or PS that heals me? That could work, but I doubt spriests would prefer that to a CD increase.
    Fear requires the Priest to be in melee range which is pretty hazardous to their health.

    I mean the CC and burst in the game is kind of out of control but Priest fears aren't even the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  14. #14
    Still too much utility for a single class to have. Rets have their share of utility pie too, but for example BoP is counterable by dispell/magic dmg but there's no way to counter health swap followed by dispersion. Add there fire and forget absorbs, speed increases, live grip, spamable offhealing, higher magic dmg reduction then most classes and strong phys dmg reduction, pseudovanish to drop spellcasts, lots of cc, great dmg output... Seriously most nerfs blizzard thrown at them weren't spot on, health swap should be moved to healing specs only and then i would call them borderline fine since atm droping your cds on someone to see him back on his health and sp at 10% in dispersion denying you a switch and getting toped off is a pretty dumb expirience. You can argue all you want that you should save cc for healer to wait off dispersion but in 80% times you need all cc you have to actually land a kill on SP partner with all cc, offhealing and absorbs SP can pull out of their ass.

    P.S. By all means i'm not claiming that SPs are unbeatable gods becouse playing proper setups you can deliever them some hurt, but as it stands atm they're superior to rest casters by quite a bit.

  15. #15
    Win-Formula against Spriest:
    *Insert Random Melee here*+*Insert Random DD here*+Healer=Win

    100%-Win-Strategy:
    -Tunnel the Spriest
    -Interrupt his casts

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    they received about 50 straight patches of buff since wotlk too. fuck they overhauled them so much they're not even comparable to wotlk spriest anymore
    if people are playing anything in high numbers, it's ONLY because it's overpowered
    Overhaul != buff. I think i prefered the older versions of priest to the new one, it feels like its very hard to balance it pvpwise without nerfing it to shreds in PvE, and thats one of the major concerns i have seeing as i play both. And that reason is not the only reason either. People always reroll to the class that gets legendaries too (not that its relevant here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    wouldnt be good if u werent so fotm anymore rite.
    sps needs a big fat nerf.
    I don't mind that at all, i played my priest before it was "considered OP/fotm". I don't want people to roll my class because apparently when too many do it, people call for nerfs, making it unplayable as usual. And big fat nerfs have as i've already stated, has already been recieved so unless you play ret or something like that you can stick that to your own class if thats so funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    If nothing else I'd say psychic scream could use a CD increase, if for no other reason than it's boring to fight a priest and spend half the time CCed. Heck I'd even be okay with a damage increase or something in exchange for that, simply so when I fight a spriest I actually spend more than half the time...actually fighting the spriest.
    CC's are the priests way of "kiting". You can't expect to be sitting on top of the priest 80% of the time throughout the fight. Do you enjoy being kited by a hunter as melee? Do you count that as accually "fighting" the hunter? And if you are ranged, then kite the damn priest so he doesn't get off a fear then, god sake it's melee range, is so damn easy to avoid its insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Still too much utility for a single class to have. Rets have their share of utility pie too, but for example BoP is counterable by dispell/magic dmg but there's no way to counter health swap followed by dispersion.
    CC the priest, interrupt the priest on shadow cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Add there fire and forget absorbs
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    speed increases
    Then you can't have phantasm, speed increases are certainly not something you can complain in the priest apartment in comparison to other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    live grip
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    spamable offhealing
    Spamable, but OOM-able. Just dispell priest dots regularily and he's not gonna be able to last long if he has to spam MD. Spriests together with arcane mages are the only dps-casters that has to worry about their manabar. Utilize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    higher magic dmg reduction then most classes and strong phys dmg reduction
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    pseudovanish to drop spellcasts
    1 dot on the priest negates this ability fully
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    lots of cc
    Not more than say mages, rogues and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    great dmg output
    Very easily countered seeing as the serious damage can be dispelled, interrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Seriously most nerfs blizzard thrown at them weren't spot on
    Phantasm nerf, all healing nerfs(there were 3) and psyfiend nerf felt pretty much spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    health swap should be moved to healing specs only and then i would call them borderline fine since atm droping your cds on someone to see him back on his health and sp at 10% in dispersion denying you a switch and getting toped off is a pretty dumb expirience. You can argue all you want that you should save cc for healer to wait off dispersion but in 80% times you need all cc you have to actually land a kill on SP partner with all cc, offhealing and absorbs SP can pull out of their ass.
    You sound really butthurt. Isn't this exactly what happends if a paly bubbles? Bubble is stronger than lifeswap is, and if you can't remove it with a priest/warr then it's worse. Furthermore, you could cyclone the priest during this until you can Re-cc the healer again. Other than that, as i said, you could CC the priest or interrupt him before you blow up his healer. They don't have anything to break out of CC apart from trinket unless he say, deaths a poly, in which case you got outplayed. Feral's interrupt lasts 8 seconds with glyph, do you know how that feels not being able to use your only real def-cd for 8 seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    P.S. By all means i'm not claiming that SPs are unbeatable gods becouse playing proper setups you can deliever them some hurt, but as it stands atm they're superior to rest casters by quite a bit.
    I don't believe that's the case. They are only strong when they have partners with strong CC. They are limited alot to comp, has already got severly nerfed, and they are really weak if you have a melee tunnel them all game with interrupts, as previous speaker above has stated. You're just unused to the idea of priests being strong, since throughout the time they've always sucked, where as warlocks and mages have normally been strong. Give them some time to shine, that's all im saying.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by wiep; 2013-03-25 at 01:35 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    if people are playing anything in high numbers, it's ONLY because it's overpowered
    Meh, that is not true. They are a couple classes with low numbers that would be considered "OP" by most people. What really matters is what % of the class does well in relation to the overall population of their own class, not how large the population actually is or what % is successful in comparison to other classes... if you catch my drift. Population alone means nothing.

  18. #18
    The Patient elmachino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bålsta, Sweden
    Posts
    316
    IMO, shadow isn't more op then your regular mage
    and the only think i've heard through all of MoP is how shadow is op in pvp (and ofc those warriors in 5.1) and they get nerfed now in 5.2 to a pretty good spot with all other classes.

  19. #19
    Field Marshal Azureqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    US - Korgath (Horde)
    Posts
    73
    Shadow priests are dreadfully overpowered, and so are hunters (not sure how this class is still flying under the radar).

    My biggest problems is their Mass Dispel. It's far too strong, and the cooldown is not nearly long enough.

  20. #20
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Nerf Shadow Priests, buff Resto Shamans. Fixed.
    I feel a strong connection in the force that ur just trolling around.

    OT

    Spriest are not Op, it's the timing of abilities that makes it strong. Spriest have no mobility whatsoever so if u just cc or interrupt them they are a free kill. I feel like coming on 9gag when people QQ on already badly nerfed Spriests.

    go QQ on rogues.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •