Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Spriests somehow manage to fly under the radar in quite an op state, they are immune to nerfs.
    Prepare yourselves for the next fotm waves.

When leveling, literally every 3rd bg or so looks like that. Other two are filled with rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    And psychic scream has ridiculously low CD..
    It's the same CD as it's always been. Priests in general do not have as much CC in comparison to other classes (only 2 for disc...) so the shorter CD makes sense. If they do nerf psychic scream they better only nerf it for spriests because the healing priests do not have much else cc to use on people in pvp (psychic scream and 1 other talented choice)... and they lost baseline MC... so as far as baseline CC they actually lost some since MoP while everyone else gained some.

...and don't even mention shackle undead... that needs to be updated like they updated Turn Evil...

I do think spriests are strong but there is worse...

It's actually good to see people complaining about shadow priests, from my point of view. Over the past few seasons spriest has not been nearly as strong against many different classes. Pretty much any melee used to destroy spriests. As previous poster said, they actually have little as far as escapes and peels, short from scream, which was a big issue. Now they just have more surviveability and people are complaining.

Great, another "IM bad - nerf the ppl that I die to" L2P

Spriests are easily countered, far to easy imo. They do not need a nerf, silence and scream are on a long CD, and cant be spammed. Plus it requires them to be in melee range, which is not where priests like to be.

I don't know that they need nerfed mechanically, but they're a bit too strong overall. They're a complete package, more than any other spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    silence and scream are on a long CD, and cant be spammed. Plus it requires them to be in melee range, which is not where priests like to be.
    First of all, 25 seconds is a LONG COOLDOWN? I'm sorry but even.. like seriously, that's a really, really, really dumb thing to say. Extremely dumb. Secondly, you mean Psychic Scream is the perfect peel for a melee cleave that's trying to tunnel you?! Gasp. I guess Blizzard needs to buff Shadow Priests, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They need to nerf Wizards and Magicians. Wouldn't mind seeing Necromancers get a bit of a buff too... Yes I know they're all EQ classes but it's about as pointless to talk a about balancing those classes as it is WoW PvP atm. If you check out the patch notes for the PTR you'll see that PvP is being complete overhauled. Let's all wait and see hmmm?
    Months down the road, and class changes haven't even begun to be written up for the most part.

You guys should give exact details on what you find so "OP" about them. Like, for instance if you think their mobility is too good compared to other classes say what ability you are talking about... or if you think a certain spell does too much damage compared to other classes damage spells say what spell you are referring to, don't just say OMG so OP NERF... you should also mention what class you were playing at the time... also... you should ask for tips on how to beat them... this goes for any class/spec really... you might get some very useful advice.

I like this thread. It makes it painfully obvious to see who doesnt have a clue about pvp right now.

You guys should give exact details on what you find so "OP" about them.
    More utility then all the other classes combined. Top tier in survivability, top tier in helping teammate survivability, very high dot damage with dispel protection, very high burst.

Dont even need to go farther honestly. Think of something that helps in pvp and spriests bring it.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-03-25 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    More utility then all the other classes combined. Top tier in survivability, top tier in helping teammate survivability, very high dot damage with dispel protection, very high burst.

Dont even need to go farther honestly. Think of something that helps in pvp and spriests bring it.
    I agree with the utility part (offensively anyway, paladins have more defensive utility), but that is really the only thing I see that they have better than everyone else. There are many classes with better mobility, more CC (and more effective), and better survivability. They seem to be on par with most DPS specs as far as damage and healing (although their shields might be a bit too strong).
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-03-25 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    First of all, 25 seconds is a LONG COOLDOWN? I'm sorry but even.. like seriously, that's a really, really, really dumb thing to say. Extremely dumb. Secondly, you mean Psychic Scream is the perfect peel for a melee cleave that's trying to tunnel you?! Gasp. I guess Blizzard needs to buff Shadow Priests, right?
    This was taken out of its perspective. Silence is on a 45 sec CD and that certainly is long, longest CD on any interrupt. Compare that to mage CS on 20-25 or so.

Some CCs dont even have cooldown so its still long on comparison to some, it depends what you're looking at. It's on a 30 second CD btw, same as berserkerrage. About it being a perfect peel on melee, well it could be like water elemental pet target, so you target a location that will be feared. It will still be a perfect melee peel, but it will also be good against ranged, but it's not, and so ranged kite us so we can't fear them. Try get a CC off on say a hunter. No melee fear, leap away from psyfiend, and trinket/beast within the disarm. "TROLOLOL YOU CANT CC ME, FUCK YOU NOW HERE IS STAMPEDE".

As for buffing part, yeah they could buff them in PvE, theres many things priests are weak at there. And priest suck in duels/2v2 too(unless partnered up with a mage/rdruid) so it's only in 3s you can complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty clear the people posting how shadow isnt overpowered have never been past 1400 rating in any bracket

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    This was taken out of its perspective. Silence is on a 45 sec CD and that certainly is long, longest CD on any interrupt. Compare that to mage CS on 20-25 or so.

Some CCs dont even have cooldown so its still long on comparison to some, it depends what you're looking at. It's on a 30 second CD btw, same as berserkerrage. About it being a perfect peel on melee, well it could be like water elemental pet target, so you target a location that will be feared. It will still be a perfect melee peel, but it will also be good against ranged, but it's not, and so ranged kite us so we can't fear them. Try get a CC off on say a hunter. No melee fear, leap away from psyfiend, and trinket/beast within the disarm. "TROLOLOL YOU CANT CC ME, FUCK YOU NOW HERE IS STAMPEDE".

As for buffing part, yeah they could buff them in PvE, theres many things priests are weak at there. And priest suck in duels/2v2 too(unless partnered up with a mage/rdruid) so it's only in 3s you can complain.
    thank you, covers exactly what i was going to say. no point in talking to someone that dosent know how to come back with a valid response. Taking a message out of context never bodes well.

So, because shadow priests are strong in arena in 3v3, they should be nerfed, making them noticably weak in 2v2, battlegrounds, and of course pve, as a result. But none of the supporters of the nerfs seem to care about that because... #&$@ shadowpriests. That's why. Yeah... good thing none of those guys have any saying in how the game is developed.

Nerf Insanity talent, and give us a slow (I know we have mind flay, but when melee have charge, death grip etc.).
    But having a melee sitting on you 24/7 is frustating when you can´t slow them, and if you don´t play with a class that have good peels you are dead.
    The nerf to our healing took away a big part of our survivability.

PS: Maybe give Mass Dipsell a 1 min cooldown in shadow, Mass Dispell is one of the reasons shadow is way too good.
    Last edited by Ethidia; 2013-03-25 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    So, because shadow priests are strong in arena in 3v3, they should be nerfed, making them noticably weak in 2v2, battlegrounds, and of course pve, as a result. But none of the supporters of the nerfs seem to care about that because... #&$@ shadowpriests. That's why. Yeah... good thing none of those guys have any saying in how the game is developed.
    It is very easy to nerf PvP without affecting PvE at all, changing a classes utility has 0 impact on their raid DPS but can make or break a class in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    Nerf Insanity talent, and give us a slow (I know we have mind flay, but when melee have charge, death grip etc.).
    But having a melee sitting on you 24/7 is frustating when you can´t slow them, and if you don´t play with a class that have good peels you are dead.
    The nerf to our healing took away a big part of our survivability.

PS: Maybe give Mass Dipsell a 1 min cooldown in shadow, Mass Dispell is one of the reasons shadow is way too good.
    This is a good post. Spriests often complain that they have no peels / slows, and partly the class is designed around that. If you put Spriest with a class who has a lot of peels / control (such as a Mage, Warrior, etc) then you get some really strong comps. Giving Spriests a reliable slow and nerfing their burst/utility could be a good way of balancing them.

I don't play a SP any more, but I would instantly get back to it if they would gain access to a ranged, spammable snare.

Rename Shackle Undead to Shackle and make it work like chillblained chains of ice. Oh yeah, a dream :-) ^^
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2013-03-25 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I like this thread. It makes it painfully obvious to see who doesnt have a clue about pvp right now.

Very high dot damage? Well, excepting DP Spriest dots hit like a wet noodle. Gone are the days where used our dots to chisel off health. Spriest dispel protection is still fairly weak compared to other classes which offer that. Very high burst? Well, you can accuse many other classes of that with the windows between Shadow's burst periods being longer and requiring more ramp up than those other specs. More utility than other classes combined amounts to Mass Dispel and off healing both of which cost Shadow a ton of mana which need a a multi dotted spread of VT to sustain. I'll give you top-tier survivability but for someone who says "it's painfully obvious who doesn't have a clue about PvP right now" that isn't a good track record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It is very easy to nerf PvP without affecting PvE at all, changing a classes utility has 0 impact on their raid DPS but can make or break a class in PvP.
    Are you ignorant or have you just never pve:d before? PvE is not just about pure DPS. You bring a shadowpriest because maybe you need utility in PvE. Mass Dispell is something unique to shadow that no other class has, and it's needed on some fights, for instance wind lord. Halo and VE are used to help healers on healer-heavy fights.

Blizzard has stated that they dont want to nerf mass dispell because they like shadow having something to bring to the table in pve. If utility didnt matter in pve youd just stack warlocks or whatever is highest dps on meters. Its about preventing homogenization.

Every team has an spriest because the only way to beat thugcleave, PHD, or KFC at high ratings as an rsham is to play with an spriest.

Doesn't help that the other DoT caster is garbage.