View Poll Results: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Voters
657. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanilla

43 6.54%
  • The Burning Crusade

226 34.40%
  • Wrath of The Lich King

282 42.92%
  • Cataclysm

26 3.96%
  • Mists of Pandaria

246 37.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    man these things pop up like every other week haha.

well for me personally BC was the greatest time period followed closely by vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Wow this thread topic again? I have to ask how many times have you personally started this same topic sandmoth12? They need to take away your thread starting privileges cause you just make some of the worst. On topic TBC will win as it has every month since Wrath came out.
    Considering MoP and Wrath are both beating it currently...

PROJECTED OUTCOME DOES NOT COMPUTE.
    It is not enough for me to succeed, others must fail.

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Wow this thread topic again? I have to ask how many times have you personally started this same topic sandmoth12? They need to take away your thread starting privileges cause you just make some of the worst. On topic TBC will win as it has every month since Wrath came out.
    It's third right now. Seems that some of the nostalgia is fading or just being pushed into darkness by WotLK and MoP kings .

But whatever seriously.. I agree about the pointless of these topics every week ( you wish it was every month ... ).

I'd say to me mop. I have played since vanilla but I mostly enjoy playing mop then I did over all the other expansions. TBC..full of TOO much elitism...wrath I thought was too casual...cataclysm to much elitism again...I think mop struck it just right. I think the next expansion is going to be the best to be honest. Take TBC style expac, add in everything they have learned since design wise and well have one hell of an expansion.

The Patient
    Vanilla was my favorite time in WoW but it is not an xpack. I have played since the beginning and I am having the most fun now in MoP as far as expansions go. Vanilla is when my Glory Days were though.

It's not over yet, so my opinion may change, but thus far the current one is the best one in my view. TBC was my personal low point. The game had nowhere to go but up from there, and it did.

I didn't hated Cata, i actually loved the 4.3 path, I love the Transmog option and i really liked the 4.3 dungeons (my favorite was End Time)

Dreadlord
    Vanilla (although not an expansion :P) was by far the best stage of this game - and I don't think the game can ever top that. Seriously, it was so much better than all the rest and I can't understand how anyone can disagree. Maybe if you are like 30+ and played a lot of EverQuest you might have had a more mature MMO-view at the time, in that case I can understand it perhaps - but even then WoW was really far ahead of anything else on the MMO scene at the time of its release.

For me WoW was my first MMO and I must have been like 15 or something when it came out. Everything seemed so huge and epic - and endless. Then by the time TBC came out you knew the game inside-and-out and you have ever since (which of course drains the epicness of the game and makes it less good). Of course TBC offered a huge improvement in most aspects of the game and things were still actually challenging - 5-mans were yet to become braindead-playable content. And Arena was new and kinda cool. So TBC would be second.

Wrath would be a third mostly because of having the best lore and awesome scenery the first time you leveled your way up to 80.

Pandaria would probobly be fourth, I think it seems really good from an objective point-of-view - although this is the expansion I finally got tired of the game, quit raiding and cancelled my subscription after having raided since vanilla.

But since I was kind of tired of the game all through Cataclysm aswell, just sticking around because of the people in the guild, I guess Cataclysm was actually worse because subjectively Cataclysm and Pandaria is probobly more or less a tie for me.

=)
    Last edited by Zarc; 2013-03-27 at 05:10 PM.

High Overlord
    I didn't play in Vanilla so my opinion of it doesn't count.

I loved TBC. That's when my original guild thrived. I miss the attunements for everything. I miss raiding in blues because epics were actually epic. I miss not having the information for every raid right in front of my face. I miss 25 mans.

Warth was pretty good. It was a nice break from the difficulty of TBC and it was also nice to faceroll most of the content.

Cata... jesus. Sure I was missing difficulty but they went overboard here. Heroics sucked dick and this is when the true daily grind began.

MoP is by far my least favorite. I hate the daily grind. I hate LFR, I already have to see the raid in raid nights why do I want to run it again at a lower difficulty with idiots just for the .0001% chance I might see some loot? Yes LFR is forced when you have crappy luck in regulars and NEED to get a piece of gear. I understand people complained about not having anything to do so they had to add 200 dailies but what's wrong with signing off of the damn game and playing something else? I just hate MoP. Not even for a moment have I liked it and if not for my raid team I would have quit by lvl 86.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's not over yet, so my opinion may change, but thus far the current one is the best one in my view. TBC was my personal low point. The game had nowhere to go but up from there, and it did.
    I highly suspect you did not play much or at all in BC. Just a feeling really but if I am wrong could you elaborate on how MOP was better than BC and why BC was your low point? This is just so unrealistic for me so I just wan to understand what I am missing here. I don't get it. I am sure you have your reasons..lets hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I highly suspect you did not play much or at all in BC. Just a feeling really but if I am wrong could you elaborate on how MOP was better than BC and why BC was your low point? This is just so unrealistic for me so I just wan to understand what I am missing here. I don't get it. I am sure you have your reasons..lets hear them.
    "Unrealistic?" I didn't like 5 mans that lasted over an hour, but I had to do them anyway because I was one of the guild's tanks, and I needed to attune new recruits to try to get 15 extra guys to get out of Karazhan, which my guild spent over a year in, and into SSC, which we could barely make any progress in because 90% of those same new recruits got poached by higher guilds who didn't feel like attuning their own people. And this was all capped by my guild, full of boon companions I had played alongside since the introduction of the moonkin, falling apart because they didn't like running goddamn Karazhan anymore.

That's why.