Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Great...so you`d fully support lowering the ilvls of said items to remove pvp geared players from LFRs and heroics...because we pve players are tired of carrying you...
    Oh please. PvP gear currently is as good as PvE gear of the same ilevel when it comes to PvE. That is exactly the reason of why it now has a lower ilevel in general. That being said, LFR is a complete joke. One can go into there, find someone to follow and then just use a target assist macro to cast nothing but lightning bolt and still end up in the upper part of the middle field of damage dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Like he had no chance killing you.

World PvP wont be dead. Why does everyone assume the worst from Blizz?

o wait.
    Because they said they don't care at all if World PvP gets wrecked by this change.

Deleted
    World PvP? Not in MoP

Weird, I don't seem to remember it being revived all that much to start with. The only times World PvP was ever relevant since Vanilla has been on expansion launches, as soon as you were able to fly in the new continents it died again.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    Ganking was part of the game, just saying.

But that's beside the point. PvE gear will dominate PvP gear in world PvP. That sentence alone just makes no sense.
    Ganking was a lame part of the game, just saying.

Unless ofc you get a buzz from totally one sided combat in which case you may as well PvE.

Ganking is for those who cannot actually win fights in any other way other than to kill targets who stand no chance what so ever other than that is a pointless exercise lol

with these changes no PvE gear will not dominate as PVP power will make the PVP gear better than the PvE equivalent anyway as it proportionally adds more damage that stats as its a straight damage increase.

What this will do is make it harder for you to gank pve players and lower geared pvp players.. oh wait am I seeing a theme here....

These changes could be good as it will actually encourage more ppl to pvp as with a bit od skill they stand a chance
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What, all twenty of them?
    x-realms put life back in world pvp on pvp servers.wtf people like you dont get is beyond me.old dead zones are now alive and there is wpvp all over the place.hell one could barley get to the dark portal without having to go threw a raid full of people trying to kill you.

as somebody who does love world pvp and has for 8+ years.. I have cancelled my sub on my two acc's and my wife's. the principle of it is what gets me. more then anything else. the official blizz response on 'this will fuck up world pvp' is 'well, yes.. but.. itll be great for other forms of pvp'

NEVER have i seen then have such a cavalier attitude towards an aspect of their game no matter how popular..

so, I'm voting with my wallet. and unsubbing.

(and no, Im not one of those people who always leaves the game, this is my first time in all 8 years of playing where i leave in disgust. )

10+ Year Old Account
    As an avid and long-time World PvPer, all I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed in this decision by blizzard.

Deleted
    I don't understand all the rage how this will destroy the world pvp. World PvP died a long time ago anyway.

Is there really so many people out there who get their fun from killing nearly defenseless players (full glads ganking fresh 90s in blues)? Not that even well PvE geared player has much of a chance when the PvP player will still be doing more damage versus players.

Do people really think that suddenly when PvE gear is slightly competitive (and slightly, PvP gear will do more damage vs players) every single PvE player out there becomes PvP pro? Doesn't the experience of PvP player mean anything? I've played two battlegrounds in whole MoP. For the legendary chain. Last time I properly did PvP was in Wrath. I bet many of the PvE players out there are same as me, they have very little clue how to play PvP.

So stop the whining and beat people with your skills, not your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Great...so you`d fully support lowering the ilvls of said items to remove pvp geared players from LFRs and heroics...because we pve players are tired of carrying you...
    they have done that repetitively, equal ilvl is nearly the same stat budget per gear no matter if its pvp or pve gear and pvp stats give no ilvl stats

I had always heard PvPers were more skilled than PvE players and gear wasn't the deciding factor, but the fact that PvPers were more skilled at their class and PvE could only memorize patterns on raid bosses.

Now I just keep hearing "the gear will make it impossible to kill PvE players"

I'm betting a good PvPer will still be able to pull off a fight against a PvE player much like some PvPers can outperform better geared PvPers now on skill alone.

This is a serious question... do people really still care about world PvP? To me, its dead and its never coming back. World PvP will never go back to how it was, people have the mindset like world PvP is at its highest level right now when that's not the case. I'm pretty sure Blizzard would prefer to balance arenas over "world PvP", which is obviously the clear choice here.

I put "world PvP' in quotation marks because this is what it is nowadays... you fly around, see a red name and either decide to kill him or just carry on (most people just carry on). If you're one of the people who try to kill him, you dismount kill him then mount up and continue. Is that fun? Is that challenging? Is that really a big part of the game? Most serious PvP'ers would prefer to PvP in arenas and don't care about "world PvP".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    as somebody who does love world pvp and has for 8+ years.. I have cancelled my sub on my two acc's and my wife's. the principle of it is what gets me. more then anything else. the official blizz response on 'this will fuck up world pvp' is 'well, yes.. but.. itll be great for other forms of pvp'

NEVER have i seen then have such a cavalier attitude towards an aspect of their game no matter how popular..

so, I'm voting with my wallet. and unsubbing.

(and no, Im not one of those people who always leaves the game, this is my first time in all 8 years of playing where i leave in disgust. )
    good for you-$ is the only thing blizz cares about.you did the best thing to get them to listen.wow use to be a great game,but its not what it once was.being on a pvp server and being decked out in the best pvp gear there is,is supposed to mena something.its supposed to give a person an edge over others "even more so pve geared players.

x-realm brought back wpvp for the most part,you can find parties and others to fight with our against now.for blizz to say hey fuck that,thats just shows there lack of caring.really gear boosting is nothing more the smoke and mirrors.pvp in wow is so f'ed up these days,yet blizz does nothing to fix it.they will just add gear boosting and call it a day.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    This is a serious question... do people really still care about world PvP? To me, its dead and its never coming back. World PvP will never go back to how it was, people have the mindset like world PvP is at its highest level right now when that's not the case. I'm pretty sure Blizzard would prefer to balance arenas over "world PvP", which is obviously the clear choice here.

I put "world PvP' in quotation marks because this is what it is nowadays... you fly around, see a red name and either decide to kill him or just carry on (most people just carry on). If you're one of the people who try to kill him, you dismount kill him then mount up and continue. Is that fun? Is that challenging? Is that really a big part of the game? Most serious PvP'ers would prefer to PvP in arenas and don't care about "world PvP".
    wpvp is not what it once was,but with x-realms it is happing and in big #'s.

" I'm pretty sure Blizzard would prefer to balance arenas over "world PvP", which is obviously the clear choice here. "

thats blizzes choice?ok show me one change to pvp in general that will make wow's pvp balanced,im waiting?gear is not the problem at all,its classes and ability's.there is not 1 single change being made at all to wow's pvp except for this gear boosting shit.and no that does nothing for balance at all.

do you pvp at all?it take what 1 day of bgs to have a full set of honor gear,who is that hard.you can have almost a full set the moment you hit 90 with 4k honor and justice pint exchange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I had always heard PvPers were more skilled than PvE players and gear wasn't the deciding factor, but the fact that PvPers were more skilled at their class and PvE could only memorize patterns on raid bosses.

I'm betting a good PvPer will still be able to pull off a fight against a PvE player much like some PvPers can outperform better geared PvPers now on skill alone.
    We're talking about a 80-100k raw HP difference. If you factor in 65% resilience they have roughly 300k damage worth of health more. That is a gigantic difference. Add to that that 522-540 weapons have about 1/3 more base dmg and they get 400-500 main stats per item.

This difference is huge, as in a whole expansion huge. Naxxramas 25 gear was ilevel 226, ICC was ilevel 277. The difference is similar to the difference we'll see between between the 496 and the 540+ ToT gear. Are you really trying to tell me that this is a difference that will be overcome if the guy wearing the 540 items has half a brain?

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    thats blizzes choice?ok show me one change to pvp in general that will make wow's pvp balanced,im waiting?gear is not the problem at all,its classes and ability's.there is not 1 single change being made at all to wow's pvp except for this gear boosting shit.and no that does nothing for balance at all.
    I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. There has been hundreds of changes since MoP release that were made purely for the balance of PvP.

Lets look purely at 5.2 and completely ignore all of the changes made during the season (stampede, tfb, etc):

DK: Conversion buff, gargoyle buff, death siphon buff
    Druid: Mushroom buff, feral cyclone nerf, symbiosis changes, resto mastery buff, faerie swarm - typhoon - mass root changes, displacer nerf
    Hunter: silencing shot nerf, wyvern sting buff, binding shot buff
    Mage: CS change, blazing speed buff, cold snap nerf, fb buff
    Monk: Ring of peace implemented, chi wave change, paralysis buff, tigers lust buff, touch of karma buff, life cacoon buff, mastery changes
    Paladin: Eternal flame buff
    Priest: buffs to: PW:S, dominate mind, focused will and rapture
    Rogue: buffs to: Preperation, burst of speed, shurikon toss, deadly throw, sanguinary vein
    Warlock: Blood fear nerf and a lot of spell changes.
    Warrior: Warbringer nerf, Shockwave nerf, Second Wind nerf, taste for blood change
    Shaman: Purge nerf, shamanistic rage for eles, elemental mastery buff, totem buffs, flame shock buff.

If you really, and I mean really, think that Blizzard aren't making any changes to PvP I don't know why you're even posting. This season should be one of the most diverse seasons we've ever seen in terms of viable comps - and PvE gear is being completely abolished in instanced PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

hole with your logic is many of the top pvp players are also high end raiders, granted that isn't true as a across the board example. but I do agree with you many people are raising fits about world pvp when it essentially has been dead since wrath, but such people are the very vocal minority.

@meathead while class balancing is very much an issue, so is gear scaling and its arguable more so then class balancing. And if you don't believe gear scaling was/is an issue match up honor gear vs 2/2 upgraded people and its a joke, and many high end players better then you or I point at that as main cause of what killed "alt" pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Haha, wow. You people are completely infuriating.

The reason the item level discrepancy is so large is to help you PVErs out. It's to ensure PVP gear is not better for PVE. Do you understand this? If not, try reading it a few more times.

PVP gear is given PVP stats to compensate for this difference. Are you following? Please, go slowly.

You are essentially arguing that PVE gear should just be better for everything, making PVP gear pointless. Do you understand? Do you understand how you are suggesting something so utterly nonsensical and selfish that it can only be explained by an unwillingness to stop and think about what you're saying?
    I'm pretty sure the point was that a fully heroic geared raider in bis shouldn't be obliterated effortlessly by someone in honor gear, you should at least have a chance. No one is saying pve gear should be the best at everything, and in the next patch pvp gear will be the best in all rated gameplay. The only place where pve gear might edge out is full heroic bis gemmed with pvp gems and using pvp trinks. considering it takes much more time and effort to get full heroic bis than to get conq gear(now that there is no rating req) I don't really see and issue with the top .001% of players having a slight potential edge in a singular aspect of pvp. Not to mention a skilled pvp player would still win in such a scenario as the difference in power between someone in full heroic bis and full conq will be much much smaller than the difference between even old conq and old honor was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. There has been hundreds of changes since MoP release that were made purely for the balance of PvP.

Lets look purely at 5.2 and completely ignore all of the changes made during the season (stampede, tfb, etc):

DK: Conversion buff, gargoyle buff, death siphon buff
    Druid: Mushroom buff, feral cyclone nerf, symbiosis changes, resto mastery buff, faerie swarm - typhoon - mass root changes, displacer nerf
    Hunter: silencing shot nerf, wyvern sting buff, binding shot buff
    Mage: CS change, blazing speed buff, cold snap nerf, fb buff
    Monk: Ring of peace implemented, chi wave change, paralysis buff, tigers lust buff, touch of karma buff, life cacoon buff, mastery changes
    Paladin: Eternal flame buff
    Priest: buffs to: PW:S, dominate mind, focused will and rapture
    Rogue: buffs to: Preperation, burst of speed, shurikon toss, deadly throw, sanguinary vein
    Warlock: Blood fear nerf and a lot of spell changes.
    Warrior: Warbringer nerf, Shockwave nerf, Second Wind nerf, taste for blood change
    Shaman: Purge nerf, shamanistic rage for eles, elemental mastery buff, totem buffs, flame shock buff.

If you really, and I mean really, think that Blizzard aren't making any changes to PvP I don't know why you're even posting. This season should be one of the most diverse seasons we've ever seen in terms of viable comps - and PvE gear is being completely abolished in instanced PvP.
    lmfao yeah a few buffs and nerfs will fix it right?mop will fix it cata will fix it,gear scaling will fix it.wows better now then it was in BC,keep drinking the cool aid.

blizz is reverting the nerfs to warriors d-stance and are buffing battle stance.just a few weeks ago every dev and people like you said how these said nerf will "balance" pvp.but now they revert the changes,hmm.kinda makes you think a little,right?
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-03-29 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where you seeing the Battle Stance buff at?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Where you seeing the Battle Stance buff at?
    I too would like to know this, on the frontpage it just says defensive stance buffed to 25%. Nothing about Battle Stance.

Edit: Found it. They're apparently removing the 50% disarm duration on Warrior PvP set bonus and instead makes Battle Stance decrease damage taken by 10%. I can accept this change, aslong as it's taken away from the 2200 enchant aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-03-30 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I too would like to know this, on the frontpage it just says defensive stance buffed to 25%. Nothing about Battle Stance.

Edit: Found it. They're apparently removing the 50% disarm duration on Warrior PvP set bonus and instead makes Battle Stance decrease damage taken by 10%. I can accept this change, aslong as it's taken away from the 2200 enchant aswell.
    this is the change i was talking about.myself i think its a lame ass change,i would rather see blizz leave the dis arm reduction in place.then have them un-nerf b stance and apply the damage reduction to that.i say un nerf battle stance because well battle did do all these things once upon a time "and then some".

this is the kind of thing that really pissed me off.people bitch and cry for warriors to be nerfed and blizz over nerfs us,usually.i see a dumb ass nerf and say its dumb/ not needed,and i get trolled for it.not by you guys just saying over time her eon mmo. then down the line blizz turns around and "un -nerfs" said talent because they say it was fine the way it was before they nerfed it. exactly what i said it was,fine.

they did not need to nerf d-stance and add rage to OP,that was over kill.now blizz is just leaving the rage on op,what a game right lol.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-03-30 at 02:37 AM.