1. #1
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785

    Challenge mode: GOLD

    Dear MMOChampioners,

    I saw today my Hunter set that i can get if i obtain Gold on every Instances, And i was wondering how hard is this?
    All i heard is that you need to have Hardcore players to do so, and it's almost impossible to get.

    So is it even worth trying to get Gold, or is it easier then people say it is?

    I myself i'm dying to get gold, because the set looks amazing, Sadly if it's near to impossible i don't think i can ever get this:3
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  2. #2
    it's pretty easy, take 5 "good" players, that can follow instructions. watch guides before, use a lot of pots etc, we are an average raiding guild and did 3 instances per evening.

    since the patch it is even easier, hunter and ele shaman dmg is insane in challengemodes

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by raqi View Post
    it's pretty easy, take 5 "good" players, that can follow instructions. watch guides before, use a lot of pots etc, we are an average raiding guild and did 3 instances per evening.

    since the patch it is even easier, hunter and ele shaman dmg is insane in challengemodes
    Thing is, Everyone their ilvl is set back to 463, so you become less strong already.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  4. #4
    It's possible for everyone to get, you don't have to be a hardcore player.
    And it's kind of easy, you just have to get a nice group. It's easier to play with people you know instead of making a group from the trade channel. (That works 4% of the time)

    It takes time, the most important thing is to push-push-push. Think what you do

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785
    Also, if you die once the instances resets and you got to start over again, no wipes allowed :3
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Also, if you die once the instances resets and you got to start over again, no wipes allowed :3

    That's not true, but it's probably best to reset if you wipe because you won't make gold that way.
    Also DK + Ele shaman = easy gold.

  7. #7
    It's not easy, but possible

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    That's not true, but it's probably best to reset if you wipe because you won't make gold that way.
    Also DK + Ele shaman = easy gold.
    Pretty sure if you wipe the whole instances instantly resets.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Pretty sure if you wipe the whole instances instantly resets.


    I've done all gold modes, it does not instantly reset.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    I've done all gold modes, it does not instantly reset.
    Ow that's good to hear, and makes it much easier!

    But how hard is it, did you have hardcore players, or just decent group who knew what they were doing/
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  11. #11
    this is going around in circles.....

    Get a Good group that can listen, dps and follow instructions, read up before hand and use a lot of pots.

    try it and see!

  12. #12
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    this is going around in circles.....

    Get a Good group that can listen, dps and follow instructions, read up before hand and use a lot of pots.

    try it and see!
    Agreed, <Aftermath> guild Cmode guides are fantastic. You will want to have the same group for every cmode if possible. (9/9 on my Disc Priest and Mage)
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 14/14 HC T16 - 6/7 HC T17
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    this is going around in circles.....

    Get a Good group that can listen, dps and follow instructions, read up before hand and use a lot of pots.

    try it and see!
    One last thing, I appreciate the tips!

    You need chat communication i assume right, like Skype or TS?
    And does ilvl require in Challenge mode, because all Ilvls are set back to 463 so doesn't matter if you have ilvl 500 or i lvl 470.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Ow that's good to hear, and makes it much easier!

    But how hard is it, did you have hardcore players, or just decent group who knew what they were doing/
    My group was great, however for the instance I found the most "difficult" to heal (stormstout) we had 1 dps not exactly pulling his weight and we still made it with a record time so really as long as you come prepared and your group does not consist of complete mouthbreathers it's very doable for any group.
    Also worth to mention we lacked a DK in all our runs and as I mentioned before a DK will make the runs considerably easier.

  15. #15
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,092
    All your questions have been answered and you just asked it again. Get some friends with at least 463 ilvl in each slot (better geared is better because whilst all stats are scaled down except hit and exp, the higher ilvl gear means more of those stats on fewer items, meaning more items with pure dps stats on -> better) and then use a voice chat system, and make sure people are absolutely focused.

    Gate of the Setting Sun Challenge Mode for example, you know the boss that strafes and drops fire? In LFD you can stand in that no bother and live. In Challenge mode you have to watch where he flies and avoid it (ya know, like you should) because it will kill you in 2-3 ticks. Also need to stay grouped as his grab thing will kill you if you don't get instant and good healing. That's just one example - it's easy if you do the fight as intended and don't slack going "HERP DERP MOAR DPS"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    One last thing, I appreciate the tips!

    You need chat communication i assume right, like Skype or TS?
    And does ilvl require in Challenge mode, because all Ilvls are set back to 463 so doesn't matter if you have ilvl 500 or i lvl 470.
    More gem slots = more stats, early blue heroic items don't have that many gem slots. And trinkets are important to keep in mind as well.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Dear MMOChampioners,

    I saw today my Hunter set that i can get if i obtain Gold on every Instances, And i was wondering how hard is this?
    All i heard is that you need to have Hardcore players to do so, and it's almost impossible to get.

    So is it even worth trying to get Gold, or is it easier then people say it is?

    I myself i'm dying to get gold, because the set looks amazing, Sadly if it's near to impossible i don't think i can ever get this:3
    Watch the multiple video guides out there.
    Group composition isn't that important now, but it can help if you have a BrM tank and ele/hunter dps as mentioned by others. Come prepared with flasks, invis pots, etc...

    I did it with a group of pugs (back in Dec. 2012) on my server over a span of 2 nights. 6/9 gold was pretty simple and the last 3 took a few tries but we managed to finish them with a good amount of time remaining.

    Just follow the guides and you should be more than fine.

  18. #18
    High Overlord rhapso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    176
    It is not that hard to complete Gold. There are certain dungeons that are harder (Stormstout comes to mind, since the timer is really tight on this one) and other ones are more lenient (GSS). I would probably start out with GSS gold, since you won't need an invisibility potion and it is quite short (Goldtimer is 11 or 12mins).

    Get a group of decent players and use pots and all your damage cooldowns as often as possible. Bosses usually won't be a problem timewise, but the trash is the real challenge (in my opinion). Usually a decent group setup should be a Blood DK tank (insane dmg and selfhealing, will most likely be your top damage dealer), an elemental shaman (insane aoeburst and support your group very well with Bloodlust, Stuntotem, HealingCDs etc) a hunter (survival if your group lacks aoedamage, otherwise BM for singletargetburst), one random DD - is usually had a rogue or another elemental shaman - and a healer (holy paladin or holy priest works really well imo, don't ever use a monk healer (manasponge)).
    You should try to get all important raidbuffs, which is why a hunter is very nice to have.

    Then for preparation, watch some challengemode guides. The Aftermath guild did a pretty good job at covering all the challenge modes and you can watch them from the DK Tank PoV, but other guides may help as well.
    In the end it's more about using everything you have to make it as smooth as possible and getting your strategy down. Not every strategy works for every comp and sometimes ppl are just not doing their job right (eg. not enough dps, not using all cooldowns, not helping your group with stuns etc.)
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

    DK Guide to LK 25 Heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixa6Tyqd-oY

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,785
    Thanks for the help guys, I hope to get it as fast as possible.
    First i need to find a decent group, like group of friends who know what they are doing.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •