Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World of WarCraft 2

If blizzard decided to make WoW 2 what would you want to have in it.This are my wishes:

1.An engine like the one Anet made which adds patches automatically,a removal of the need to have maintaince to update database every Wednesday.
    When a patch is ready to apply you are kicked maximum for 5 mins and the maintaince is non-existent.I want an engine that will have maximum 10hours maintaince for 3 years.Such technology already exists just look at GW.It has almost 0 down time for 7 years

2.Mega server or an overflow system.I hate to wait in queue to enter my home server

3.Up and down level scaling system so i can visit all zones and maps without being overpowered.For instance i'm already lvl 50 but go to level 20 zone.I'm automatically down-scaled to level 20

4.Very good,detailed and varied character creation and customization.

5.New way of combat system.It should be more action oriented:
    a)Removing auto attack
    b)Removing tab targeting
    c)To be able to cast spells while moving

6.Instances to be cross server.
    7.Guild,party,raid,whisper chat to be cross realm.
    8.Guesting to be integrated so i can play with friends which are not on my server.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-03-20 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you want WoW 2 to be Guild Wars 2?

If you ask me A patch without maintance is something great.Or to be able to play the game when ever you want without waiting in a queue to enter is awesome too i don't see why shouldn't wow 2 have a system that allow those things.
    GW1 in it's entire life had maximum 50 hours of maintaince.Compared to WoW's every wednesday maintance between 3 and 5 hours mhm...
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-03-19 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    sounds like it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    If you ask me A patch without maintance is something great.Or to be able to play the game when ever you want without waiting in a queue to enter is awesome too i don't see why shouldn't wow 2 have a system that allow those things.
    GW1 in it's entire life had maximum 50 hours of maintaince.Compared to WoW's every wednesday maintance between 3 and 5 hours mhm...
    I still find it weird that some people are ((((( about the maintenance. It bothered me for a while when I started playing, but after a month or two I grew accustomed to it and I could "plan" my playing knowing that there is a certain time of week when I can't play. It's not hard to plan that when I know the maintenance is gonna be the same time every week.

But yea, after reading your list I figured you shouldn't be playing WoW but Guild Wars.

Deleted
    I don't know, i like the game already...
    In fact i would prefer World of Starcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, 3-5hrs EVERY week is completely inaccurate... there are many weeks where its only offline 15min or so...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Yeah, World of Starcraft ftw. or a Diablo based mmorpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    This would be AWESOME. World of Starcraft. Playable races from all 3 groups. Set in the future. Spacecraft instead of mounts for travel between zones or planets.

Deleted
    The guild wars 2 model in the warcraft universe would be really nice. Would be a good thing, but guess wont be happening. sadly.

Deleted
    If blizzard decided to make WoW 2 what would you want to have in it.This are my wishes:
    1.An engine like GW2 which adds patches automatically.When a patch is ready to apply you are kicked maximum for 5 mins and the maintaince is non-existent.I want an engine that will have maximum 10hours maintaince for 3 years.
    2.Mega server
    3.Overflow system so i don't have to wait in queue to enter my home server if it's full at some specific time.
    4.Up and down level scaling system so i can visit all zones and maps without being overpowered.
    5.Very good,detailed and varied character creation and customization.
    6.New way of combat system.It should be more action oriented:
    a)Removing auto attack
    b)Removing tab targeting
    c)To be able to cast spells while moving
    7.Instances to be cross server.
    9.Guild,party,raid,whisper chat to be cross realm
    10.Guesting to be integrated so i can play with friends which are not on my server.Also you should be allowed to invite people to your group from other servers without going to their home realm or they to your.I don't talk only to let you have 25 people maximum.
    Every account should be cross server so you can add as many as you want to your friends list.
    a xrealm overflow megaserver ?
    Think you don't grasp the megaserver concept .....

No reason to complain about maintance, unless you want to play wow 24/7 ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Maintenance is 100% needed for a massive game like this.

-> GuildWow would be pretty cool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Wondered the same.
    And yea, seems somebody's been playing GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    I was thinking the same XD

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Wondered the same.
    And yea, seems somebody's been playing GW2.
    Yeah :P, but also there's one think that i really like from GW2... Level scaler, they should apply that at least to Battlegrounds

Note: Instances are almost already crossserver in wow, at least dungeons..., Blizzard should implement the posibility to invite people from another server to do actual raids (that will include a way to add them to the guild)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-03-19 at 06:15 PM.

Dunno about anyone else, but I'd be totally keen on that :v GW2 game, WoW world/lore.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Why would anyone want that? The only bigger failure than GW2 is SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Why would anyone want that? The only bigger failure than GW2 is SWTOR.
    I don't think "failure" means what you think it does. It's ok to not like a game without having to rely on the crutch that it was a failure.
    On topic and I wouldn't go near a WoW 2 if it featured casting on the move. As someone who primarily plays casters like most people I cursed being rooted on the spot to perform effectively and during the prelaunch hype for GW2 this was something that I was very much looking forward to. Imagine my disappointment when "casting on the move" removed the essence of what it meant to be a caster and turned everyone into a strange ranged melee amalgamation. Don't quite know what you mean by "instances to be cross server"- there already is separate instance servers. Yeah, I'd say you needed something to allow you to play GW2 but reskin everyone into a race from WoW.

To Ethador and Dacoolist - A technology exists from 2005 that is removing the need of maintaince.GW1 had what 50 hours of maintaince for it's 7 years?
    2nd their engine lets them to apply patches so 5 minutes later people can already play the game.
    How come blizzard can't come with something like that?
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-03-19 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    Is 8 hours offline a week that big of a deal?