Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Next expansion, I'm thinking either a portalled otherworldly place, the emerald dream, or possibly deep underground, to the tomb of sargeras? But the whole thing underground would get boring, already done Vash'jir and Deepholme. Got to be chasing the legion to another world I reckon.

    A retcon of ANOTHER continent would not work for me, unless it was really really well explained. Could the cataclysm have formed a new landmass?

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Next expansion, I'm thinking either a portalled otherworldly place, the emerald dream, or possibly deep underground, to the tomb of sargeras? But the whole thing underground would get boring, already done Vash'jir and Deepholme. Got to be chasing the legion to another world I reckon.

    A retcon of ANOTHER continent would not work for me, unless it was really really well explained. Could the cataclysm have formed a new landmass?
    Landmass could be raised out of the ocean. Remember Vashj'ir? The ruins on the bottom? All of that was once at the surface. Tomb of Sargeras, that place isn't even in the game and I think it only half sank down again, whilst it has been both on the surface and completely sunk. They could easily create new landmass by simply raising ground up from the ocean floor.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Landmass could be raised out of the ocean. Remember Vashj'ir? The ruins on the bottom? All of that was once at the surface. Tomb of Sargeras, that place isn't even in the game and I think it only half sank down again, whilst it has been both on the surface and completely sunk. They could easily create new landmass by simply raising ground up from the ocean floor.
    If the tomb were to return, they'd have to explain the fact that it was buried and how the place magically undestroyed itself to make room for a raid instance.

  4. #224
    ye just refelcting on the first page of posts in this thread, the way azeroth is depicted on the maps in game is kalimdor is on one side of the planet and eastern kingdoms is on the other side.
    Im not sure why or how people come up with this 'other side of azeroth' thing when we can clearly visit both sides. (kinda makes azeroth small in perportion to say our own size planet earth if you was to look at it like that in a way).

    But as we know and do see in patches/expansions blizzard can change/add things fast.

    Its a bit like me linking this and saying;
    'Holy fuck people i wonder whats on the other side' lol
    http://jootix.com/wallpaper/772#TB_i...enModalContent
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-04-07 at 02:40 PM.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    If the tomb were to return, they'd have to explain the fact that it was buried and how the place magically undestroyed itself to make room for a raid instance.
    I really must finish reading all the books.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    I really must finish reading all the books.
    This happened during WC3 TFT, night elf campaign.

  7. #227


    its from vanilla trailer, it revealed northrend and pandaria
    as the world spins right it shows u theres no other side of azeroth, these continents cover it all
    that means other expansions will be placed on different planets?
    Last edited by Milerks; 2013-04-07 at 06:47 PM.

  8. #228
    Herald of the Titans Desaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OzVQPeK.png[IMG]

    its from vanilla trailer, it revealed northrend and pandaria
    as the world spins right it shows u theres no other side of azeroth, these continents cover it all
    that means other expansions will be placed on different planets?
    dafuq. I never noticed the maelstrom island before

    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle. Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

  9. #229
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Kinda curious to see how Algalon's globe of Azeroth doesn't include stuff that were hidden. It's not like he expected anyone to come in there and see it, so why hide it? Explain, Blizz! ;p

    Personally, I think that the only thing to the west of of Kalimdor is Eastern Kingdoms. Maybe some small island, like Azuremyst just plopping up, but nothing big enough to change the very layout of the Azerothian map. To me the map is pretty iconic, two big continents with one faction having a large presence on one, with the other faction on the other one.

    I think that the next expansion will either take us to a new planet, or reveal known (but unshown) isles like Zandalar etc. possibly including the Naga as I don't see Trolls and sailors getting their own expansion.
    Depends what kind of answer u want really.

    Story answer for example: Because of the mists and maybe some old god power algalon couldn't see all of it bla bla
    real thing: Blizz just didn't know at that time what or where pandaria or other secret stuff was cus they didn't made it yet.


  10. #230
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post


    its from vanilla trailer, it revealed northrend and pandaria
    as the world spins right it shows u theres no other side of azeroth, these continents cover it all
    that means other expansions will be placed on different planets?
    It's not Pandaria. Northrend is there because Northrend was already invented at the time, and they actually wanted to put it into the game right at launch, but then it didn't make the cut.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post


    its from vanilla trailer, it revealed northrend and pandaria
    as the world spins right it shows u theres no other side of azeroth, these continents cover it all
    that means other expansions will be placed on different planets?
    The maps aren't anything to go by. It seems with each new expansion Blizzard updates their in-game globes to reflect "world changes".
    It's already been proven in multiple images on the previous pages that there IS another side, it just appears to be empty.

  12. #232
    Some people have a strange idea of the meaning of RETCON.....

    From wikipedia ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroactive_continuity

    Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short,[1] is the alteration of previously established facts in the continuity of a fictional work.[2]

    The existence of a new landmass, if revealed, is NOT a retcon because there was nothing in lore to support it being empty ....

  13. #233
    Stood in the Fire jd812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    What? I can't get my head around the level of stupidity in this thread. There is no other side, the map we see ingame is just a flattened globe, just like we have flat maps of Earth? Unless there's this whole undiscovered side of Earth we haven't seen yet!

    Now before you all gather up, take me to the town square and burn me alive, some proof...


    Unless you are all talking about some mass of undiscovered land somewhere on that "globe", wich seems doubtfull.
    lol there is no "other side" like this poster said some proof

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Depends what kind of answer u want really.

    Story answer for example: Because of the mists and maybe some old god power algalon couldn't see all of it bla bla
    real thing: Blizz just didn't know at that time what or where pandaria or other secret stuff was cus they didn't made it yet.
    I was merely making a joke with that first paragraph ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    lol there is no "other side" like this poster said some proof
    That picture doesn't really prove anything, as no explorers ever came back when travelling west from Kalimdor. Meaning we never mapped down that area. While that is a globe from inside Ulduar, it probably only shows areas we (horde/ally) know of. Hence the lack of Pandaria. Or that would at least be the story version of why there's no Pandaria there. Either that or "the mists hid it". But that would mean a potential continent on the other side is currently being shielded by something as well, quite an inconvient explanation.

    There's enough empty water on the other side to provide a new continent. I don't personally think there is a big ass continent there, but there could be.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    That picture doesn't really prove anything, as no explorers ever came back when travelling west from Kalimdor. Meaning we never mapped down that area.
    Pretty much this.

  16. #236
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I was merely making a joke with that first paragraph ^^



    That picture doesn't really prove anything, as no explorers ever came back when travelling west from Kalimdor. Meaning we never mapped down that area. While that is a globe from inside Ulduar, it probably only shows areas we (horde/ally) know of. Hence the lack of Pandaria. Or that would at least be the story version of why there's no Pandaria there. Either that or "the mists hid it". But that would mean a potential continent on the other side is currently being shielded by something as well, quite an inconvient explanation.

    There's enough empty water on the other side to provide a new continent. I don't personally think there is a big ass continent there, but there could be.

    "the mists hid it" is a fine explanation for Pandaria not being present. That titan globe is a "live" (WotLK-era) globe of Azeroth: Azeroth hadn't been kersploded at the time the titans built the Ulduar facilities. If the globe were static, it would stand to reason that the globe would be of un-sundered Azeroth, and it clearly isn't.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "the mists hid it" is a fine explanation for Pandaria not being present. That titan globe is a "live" (WotLK-era) globe of Azeroth: Azeroth hadn't been kersploded at the time the titans built the Ulduar facilities. If the globe were static, it would stand to reason that the globe would be of un-sundered Azeroth, and it clearly isn't.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I meant that the potential continent on the other side would require such an explanation as well. I have nothing against it being an explanation as for why Pandaria doesn't show. But if the only reason Pandaria isn't on that globe is because it's hidden by the mists, that means that whatever we discover on the other side of Azeroth is hidden by something as well. So instead of just going with "We didn't discover Pandaria back then, that's why it didn't show" and using that for the new continent, they'd have to come up with some reason it was hidden, and an explanation about how it was hidden. It's easier, and in my opinion it's more plausible/credible that it isn't shown because we simply didn't know something existed there.

    On the other hand, seeing how that particular globe belongs to the Titans, saying that *we* hadn't discovered Pandaria by then is in fact a rather poor explanation, as our knowledge of the planet has nothing to do with the Titans' knowledge of it.. Bah, this whole thing is just a bit too mindboggling. Either the reason for Pandaria not showing up is that it was hidden by the mists, which requires the potential continent on the other side to be hidden by something as well. Or it's because we haven't mapped it out, requiring nothing to be explained about beforementioned continent, but as previously stated it doesn't really explain anything, as it isn't our globe.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

  18. #238
    Over 9000! Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    9,679
    If the legion or space is about to come, we need a "The Doctor" parody NPC, who will help us through all our adventures.
    Belief can become reality!

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    If the legion or space is about to come, we need a "The Doctor" parody NPC, who will help us through all our adventures.
    No more parodies that span entire zone.

    Please...

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post


    its from vanilla trailer, it revealed northrend and pandaria
    as the world spins right it shows u theres no other side of azeroth, these continents cover it all
    that means other expansions will be placed on different planets?
    This can be something that Blizz have to change.
    Becase there is not Silithus in Kalimdor during Vanilla Cinatic + Where the hell is Maelstrom and Pandaria on this screen?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •