Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Bioshock Infinite the greatest single player FPS ever created? Reviews are out!

The reviews are finally out. Can't wait till midnight!!!

"I have played many games in my life, some of which have hinted where the medium could go. But I never expected any one game to reinvigorate and redefine and open up the possibilities in video games without having to shoo it's fundamental pleasures. Bioshock Infinite, in all it's strange and beautiful presentation, will be discussed, argued, and lionized for a long, long time. For now, just play it and get lost in it's brilliance. I absolutely love this game, and put it in the company of something like Half Life or Uncharted 2. It is one of the most remarkable feats I have ever experienced." - Adam Sessler

"While the end of 2013 will be filled with talk about a new generation of video games, BioShock Infinite's narrative will stand out as an achievement, helping put a cap on a generation that propelled narrative as a focus for the industry. Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games and perhaps the past decade, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation and video game history . It simply cannot be missed." - Edge

Eurogamer - 10/10
    Destructoid – 10/10
    Game Informer – 10/10
    Polygon – 10/10
    Edge - 98/100
    Gamer.no (Norwegian) – 10/10
    AusGamers – 10/10
    GIGA – 10/10
    Zing.cz – 10/10
    IGN – 9.4/10
    Joystiq – 5/5
    Videogamer – 8/10
    OXM – 10/10
    CVG – 9.1/10
    Kotaku – “Yes”
    RPS – no score
    Hobbyconsolas – 95/100
    Digital Spy – 5/5
    PC Gamer – 98/100
    Godisageek – 9/10
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-03-26 at 04:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reviews mean nothing.

I'll wait until someone who didn't get an early copy reviews it.

Well... I'm kind of surprised. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bi...critic-reviews

36/36 positive reviews so far. I'm still not going to hype the game up for myself though, I'm just expecting a solid shooter and I'm not going to do more than glance over reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'll wait until someone who didn't get an early copy reviews it.
    This. No doubt it will be good if its anything like its predecessors...but I find it hard to trust professional reviews anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to actually see the game before that can be decided. All it means at this point is that the publisher had a shitload of money to spend bribing reviewers.

And I still maintain Goldeneye 64 as my #1.

It sounds super interesting but I really don't like FPS games. And almost all reviews reinforce that despite the interesting allegory, social commentary and so forth that the game is still firmly a shooter.

I just don't have a lot of motivation to run around shooting stuff for hours on end.

If it's really as good as it's supposed to be, maybe I'll get it. I've stayed clear of FPS for years though. They're way to repetitive and get boring very fast for me. I think the last FPS I actually got was Half Life. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Reviews mean nothing.
    That, Game journalism is so worthless these days.

Bunch of cynical pessimists in here...

If you preorder on steam (within the next 7 hours) you get Bioshock 1, and Xcom for free. I don't know how you can beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It sounds super interesting but I really don't like FPS games. And almost all reviews reinforce that despite the interesting allegory, social commentary and so forth that the game is still firmly a shooter.

I just don't have a lot of motivation to run around shooting stuff for hours on end.
    This. I said it before, and I'll say it again: FPS games haven't changed much since Quake. My first online game was Quake2 over lan with my family. We used to have this cool tradition with speciel "quake food" and then play like until me and my brother had to go to bed and whatnot....good times :P I guess different people, different appeals as always, but I don't see whats so great about all these 100's off FPS that seems to come out.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'm looking forward to it.

And I got two other games by preordering it, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Bunch of cynical pessimists in here...

If you preorder on steam (within the next 7 hours) you get Bioshock 1, and Xcom for free. I don't know how you can beat that.
    Green Man Gaming. Xcom, Bioshock 1, a choice of a third free game (5 to choose from) and either 14 bucks back or 15 bucks in GMG credits.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Green Man Gaming. Xcom, Bioshock 1, a choice of a third free game (5 to choose from) and either 14 bucks back or 15 bucks in GMG credits.
    I don't see anything about money back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Kotaku – “Yes”
    I laughed

I remember reading one of the trailers saying "Sequel to the greatest first person shooter ever made". Yea...no. When you're contending with games like Halo: CE and Half-Life, you have no right to claim such a thing. "Greatest first person shooter of the current console generation" I could understand (still debatable), but definitely not the greatest fps ever.

Gonna try it out and see for myself though. I didn't much like the first two games.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-25 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'll being buying it. Trading in the worthlessness that is AC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I don't see anything about money back.
    When you purchase you have the option for $15 in credit or $14 back.

Waiting for Angry Joe to review.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I remember reading one of the trailers saying "Greatest first person shooter ever made". Yea...no. When you're contending with games like Halo: CE and Half-Life, you have no right to claim such a thing. "Greatest first person shooter of the current console generation" I could understand (still debatable), but definitely not the greatest fps ever.

Gonna try it out and see for myself though. I didn't much like the first two games.
    Halo is so bad