Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not big into dancing (in public at least...) but it seems fun. You just need to find music you really enjoy that just makes you want to get up and move.

It's like when you're taking a walk and syncing your footsteps to the rhythm of music you're listening to, it just feels right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcphx View Post
    a great many women believe that if you dance well you are good in bed
    And there's a lot of truth to it. The better you are able to control your bodies motions, the better you are in everything that requires the use of your body.

Evidence is sports here..
    Dancing is a sport too.. There are world championships, and what not. Top level dancers are athletes.
    Anyhow, you will find many athletes which are top class in one sport, and at the same time are also damn good in other sports. And it is because of their ability of controlling their body.

Plus dancing is at it's root a natural instinctive motion. You hear music, you start moving one way or another. Whereas most people feel music, everyone just feels it differently. Very very few don't get the urge to move at all, when they hear music. But they are definitely a very small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Not really, if you feel the need to dance just do it, no experience, prowess, or conditioning required.
    Dancing and Dancing are two different things.

The dancing I believe bushido was commenting on was professional such as Ballet, Modern, Contemporary, Jazz, Tap, etc.

Not just grinding and flailing like a lot of dancing at clubs is.

I enjoy dancing if I'm dancing with someone, I also took classes for several years for professional dance, I enjoy it as well as club dancing.

Edit: whoops, didn't even realize it was 8 pages long. >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Is this an 'obese person doesn't understand why people exercise' thread?
    It seems to be shaping up that way alright. I'm still laughing that people are equating club dancing to exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Umm... a big part of dancing is getting laid, or just having some fun.... don't see where the problem with that is? Dance with a hot female one time and you'll get it.
    So youll do something you hate to do just to get a piece of ass? Way to think with the wrong head. What is it with so many people being preoccupied with sex. It rules too many people's world.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And there's a lot of truth to it. The better you are able to control your bodies motions, the better you are in everything that requires the use of your body.

Evidence is sports here..
    Dancing is a sport too.. There are world championships, and what not. Top level dancers are athletes.
    Anyhow, you will find many athletes which are top class in one sport, and at the same time are also damn good in other sports. And it is because of their ability of controlling their body.

Plus dancing is at it's root a natural instinctive motion. You hear music, you start moving one way or another. Whereas most people feel music, everyone just feels it differently. Very very few don't get the urge to move at all, when they hear music. But they are definitely a very small minority.
    There are also world championships in Chess, Whistling, and Beard Growing, and cheerleading. It doesnt make them a sport.

Last edited by Orlong; 2013-03-28 at 10:26 AM.

That awkward moment when you spontaneously burst into dance in the bathroom in the morning and your slipper almost ends up in the toilet.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    I don't enjoy dancing at all. Singer/songwriter/guitarist that doesn't enjoy being watched dancing. One hell of a paradox i know.

I don't really enjoy exercise either. Sure i do it but i don't enjoy doing it. I'd much rather be doing other things than getting tired and out of breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I cant for the life of me understand why people think dancing is fun. To me it just seems like another arduous chore like exercise. What do those of you who dance get out of it? Why is it thrilling?, and even more important what is the big deal with watching OTHER people dance.

When shows like America's got Talent come on and I see a dance group is coming up I just groan to myself because they all look the same. Just a bunch of people doin flips and wiggling their bodies. Then they have shows focused exclusively on dancing. To me, this is just as bad as watching a P90X infomercial with third rate stars on it I dont see why they are even on the air after about 2 episodes. Am I missing something here?
    People like different things, believe it or not, there is people out there who wonder why you like the things you do.

I'm not keen on dancing myself (being crap at it helps), but I never think to myself, pfft how can they enjoy that.
    Last edited by Trix; 2013-03-28 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    dancing is more then moving your body there is alot of feeling to it and practice on how to move and time the body and to do it all right. So you can assume its feels very rewarding when you master it and when you can dish out your moves to the world. Its like a sea of adrenaline rushing trough your body and becouse of this dancing is very fun and its intresting to watch skilled dancers to get ideas and a goal to reach yourself. Not to mention all those good looking chicks thats into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Umm... a big part of dancing is getting laid, or just having some fun.... don't see where the problem with that is? Dance with a hot female one time and you'll get it.
    Would rather chat to a woman over dinner or play music with her than dance, and to that end i only get involved with women with the same mindset. Pretty sure most women aren't going for guys who dance with them for the sole purpose of getting laid either.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You enjoy getting sweaty, stinky, tired, and out of breath? Id rather watch a movie and relax
    Excercising is tied to dopamin release in your brain, which makes you happy.. So a direct effect of your forementioned things will in fact give joy. It will to you aswell, if only you'd do it regularly

Also being tired long after doing excercises is a consequence of your body not being used to it. Most athletes experience the exact opposite and feel energized
    Last edited by Nudi; 2013-03-28 at 10:56 AM.