Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    If Thrall died, I'd praise Blizzard's story telling. However, I doubt he will.

This is not because I hate him, moreso because I think it would make a good story. I wanted him to die during the Deathwing fight too, but heroes never die in WoW. (well, they at least turn evil before they die)
    Not many die in game but there has been many killed off in the novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Whatever happened to Alliance story getting the spotlight this expansion?

I hope you didnt actually believe they would deliver on this. The second they said the final raid was Siege or Orgrimmar and Garrosh, I knew that they were lying when they said Alliance would get some love.

He has Reincarnation it's NP

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes too strong, nobody that currently resides in Orgrimmar have the power to stand up to him.

Deleted
    Would be fun if he died just to see Trrassk/trassk? miserable! >=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Would be fun if he died just to see Trrassk/trassk? miserable! >=)

Now now. Don't do that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    metzen wont let him. it would be a total shocker is he DID let his star child die though. honestly i could care less. it would sort of be poetic justice at this point. he left garrosh in charge even though ALL of his advisers told him not to. now hes had to watch him run the horde into the ground and essentially make it tear itself apart.

but yeah in all honesty. i HIGHLY doubt that they will kill off thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    There are only two options left for Thrall, as well as Etrigg and Saurfang,

1) They become bosses in SoO. Good chance Garrosh will be experimenting/torturing them. Whether or not theyll be redeemed is unknown atm.
    2) They are/were killed during/before 5.4.
    You're making a rather large assumption by claiming that this is the only possible result of the RISK that Thrall could die. A possible third option is that any one of them survive, two of them survive, or all three of them survive.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Hes too strong, nobody that currently resides in Orgrimmar have the power to stand up to him.
    Thrall is not powerful enough to take out all of Orgrimmar on his own. Otherwise, we'd have no need to besiege it.

I doubt thrall would be Killed off like that, he might be involed in the fight with garrosh, just like Maiv was with illdian, and i can see something like we have to save a captured thrall, or something simliar to that, and by the end Thrall blames him self,for Garrosh, so Wont take up the mantle but instad pass it down onto his "brother" Hint hint... since Voljin is the only one he Trusts to maintain HIS horde, not the Blood thristy Garrosh horde.

/beg
    /plead

PLEASE let him die. I might actually have some hope for Blizzard's story writing.

Deleted
    All I hope (as an Alliance player) is that I don't have to play fucking assistant to one of the worst written characters in any story ever for the SECOND TIME. I literally do not want any interactions with him that aren't Varian and/or Tyrande stomping his throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    All I hope (as an Alliance player) is that I don't have to play fucking assistant to one of the worst written characters in any story ever for the SECOND TIME. I literally do not want any interactions with him that aren't Varian and/or Tyrande stomping his throat.
    So you think he's the worst character? LOL no Med'an is. I think you're a bit bias against him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not that I dislike Thrall, but I'm actually hoping that it happens. I'm all for plot twists, and that would make for one hell of a story, and a damn fine reason for everyone to want Garrosh's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not to derail but the only person I could think that is *Whispers* Med'an.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to defend myself. It's heresy to mention the name.
    Well. That's pretty much the most perfect example I ever forgot. The way his backstory twists the behavior of two good characters so he could be their accursed offspring. The way his existence cheapens the last words of his father. The way he's not just a half-breed but triracial with some sort of speshul destiny.

He is the meaning the word "Mary Sue" is meant to convey. Other characters can occasionally display some similar traits but they're not defined by them.

Personally I've half-convinced myself that Med'an is the product of some nefarious plot encouraged by an unseen manipulator who requires him for some sinister purpose. He seems like he's pretty much been bred to serve as an ideal host for great quantities of power, so as such that's the purpose I imagine for him. To serve as the host for a malevolent entity of great power.

But I digress. I want to see Thrall do his best to make up for his mistakes. But really, they were pretty big mistakes so I want to see the other characters remember them no matter what he does. Sure, I can see people looking back on his days as Warchief with fondness but they shouldn't entirely trust his judgement. He needs to earn the trust of his people, be able to convince them that he's learned not to make such poor decisions and will put them first.

And currently it seems his priorities have shifted somewhat. Lately he's expressed little interest in being Warchief of the entire Horde. He's starting up a family that I'm pretty certain he'll want time to spend with, something which running an entire gathering of nations might interfere with. Perhaps he could manage the Orcs by themselves but he'll probably leave the big seat to someone else.

So as such, I believe he'll play a key role in developments and help stir unrest in any of Garrosh's Horde that still hold any sort of loyalty or fondness towards Thrall. It could be a pretty big blow to their morale to have Thrall openly condemn their actions, at least for any orcs who still respected him. But all in all, I doubt he'll be the central focus of the plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You're making a rather large assumption by claiming that this is the only possible result of the RISK that Thrall could die. A possible third option is that any one of them survive, two of them survive, or all three of them survive.

Thrall is not powerful enough to take out all of Orgrimmar on his own. Otherwise, we'd have no need to besiege it.
    He is, but then we wouldn't have a raid.

here how i see it thrall goes to org and try to reason with garrosh/ get supporters but get executed by garrosh then saurfang will hear of this return to throw down a Mak'Gora then we all see the EPIC battle between Garrosh Hellscream vs High Overlord Varok Saurfang Garrosh will cheat and kill Varok and then 99% of the horde hates Garrosh

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh please please please let him die! That would be even better than Rhonin!

Kind of reminds of Paul Atreides' fate in Messiah of Dune.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-03-26 at 02:01 AM.

It is very easy to predict how the story will go:

nor Thrall or Garrosh will die
    raid: we will have to free Thrall at the begining of the Ogrimmar raid
    raid: we will have to weaken Garrosh so Sha will leave his body, final boss: Sha
    Garrosh will be imprisoned or send somewhere

Deleted
    If memory serves, Garrosh beat Thrall once in a duel. This time, Thrall will have the upper-hand. He's grown since they last met.

But in the final moment, demon portals will open up and the legion will swarm all over Azeroth. They will take Garrosh with them through the portal.

In the next expansion, on Argus, Garrosh will be the raid boss of the first raiding tier.

Thrall will be warchief.

The Siege of Orgrimmar is actually us re-taking Orgrimmar from the Legion's grip, and installing Thrall as warchief again. The orcs will rally around him when they see his bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    It is very easy to predict how the story will go:

nor Thrall or Garrosh will die
    raid: we will have to free Thrall at the begining of the Ogrimmar raid
    raid: we will have to weaken Garrosh so Sha will leave his body, final boss: Sha
    Garrosh will be imprisoned or send somewhere
    Garrosh is defeated but has ascended to godhood by merging with Y'shaarj. As such he is effectively banished from the material plane but can use his newfound godhood to influence the world in subtle ways and forms an Orcish cult around himself as their God of War.

Woo!

Thrall will return to lead those Orcs still loyal to him and his vision for the Horde. Those who preferred Hellscream will join in his worship and mostly leave Orgrimmar, perhaps going to Blackrock Mountain and setting up there to replace the old Dark Horde and serve as proper contrast to what the True Horde has become.

And I've written much longer posts on this matter and don't feel like writing much more. But Garrosh would serve well as a living symbol of the path that the Horde must never take again.