Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I don't know about Australia but to get an American visa they also schedule an interview. I was kind of worried about it as I imagined a man in a suit in a wood-panelled room grilling me about my student visa but what actually happened at the embassy was I went to their a window to a kid about 21 who looked like he was on work experience asked me a few brief questions and then stamped my passport. It took me 3hrs to get to embassy, I waited in life for about two hours, this "interview" (basically just to see you present so you're not scamming) lasted 5 minutes and then a 3hr train ride home.

I don't know if it'll compare but I wouldn't worry about it.
    I actually forgot my visa and got it at the airport an hour before my flight to Brisbane.

Also, this thread is not a huge confidence builder for a person getting ready to move to Australia for their Australian significant other hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Go to the interview dressed as an extremely, terrifyingly dangerous animal. Pretend you are some new species with venom so potent it can kill 1000 elephants. Australia will want you in for sure.
    He's already in Australia. He's trying to get an American Travel Visa.

So in that case I guess he just carries in a gun and starts yelling about his Liberties!

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I actually forgot my visa and got it at the airport an hour before my flight to Brisbane.

Also, this thread is not a huge confidence builder for a person getting ready to move to Australia for their Australian significant other hahaha.
    Don't worry, unless you are stupid enough to bring something Illegal in the country you will have zero problems.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think people are misreading the thread, apologies if this is true. But I am an Australian, I am trying to get an American Tourist Visa and I already know how to apply for one, but I want to know what comes after that. An interview? I'm situated below Melbourne (Hour or two drive away) will I need to travel to Melbourne for the interview or is there agencies in minor cities such as Geelong?