Fire mage still having issues with bad RNG and just shortage on hot streak procs...

So as the title says, I am a Fire mage that is still having issues with bad RNG and just shortage on hot streak procs... I literally have to wait for inferno blast most of the time to get a pyro... i don't understand why it's so bad considering i have quite a lot of crit... any suggestions? Any comments? should i just go frost if my luck is that bad?

Like i will get tons of heating up procs but the subsequent fireballs would NEVER crit literally just very rarely would they play in my favor...

A link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...forge/advanced
    Last edited by Reforge; 2013-03-27 at 05:11 AM.

well with your crit you have roughyl 44.93%(-3% from bosses) to get a crit and 20% chance to get a 2 crit in a row so yea rng does come into play when playing fire

but once you get full t15 you should be looking at something like 50-58% crit chance which should feel more like fire back in DS (lots of HS procs )

theres really nothing else to discuss on this thread aside from you just had bad luck thats all
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    So as the title says, I am a Fire mage that is still having issues with bad RNG and just shortage on hot streak procs... I literally have to wait for inferno blast most of the time to get a pyro... i don't understand why it's so bad considering i have quite a lot of crit... any suggestions? Any comments? should i just go frost if my luck is that bad?

Like i will get tons of heating up procs but the subsequent fireballs would NEVER crit literally just very rarely would they play in my favor...

A link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...forge/advanced
    Isn't that the intended purpose of IB...?

I typically IB on cooldown with HU.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    well with your crit you have roughyl 44.93%(-3% from bosses) to get a crit and 20% chance to get a 2 crit in a row so yea rng does come into play when playing fire

but once you get full t15 you should be looking at something like 50-58% crit chance which should feel more like fire back in DS (lots of HS procs )

theres really nothing else to discuss on this thread aside from you just had bad luck thats all
    That 44.93% is with Flask/Kings and already takes CM/Crit Suppression into account I'm guessing? Don't need to say -3% for that :P

Also, 2 crits in a row is typically irrelevant with IB.

OT: Yeah, you can still get fucked as Fire. Check my parses last week for Durumu; almost every fight I was OWNING because I got amazing RNG on my Pyroblasts for Combustion. On the actual kill, I got THE WORST POSSIBLE RNG and did around 80k (while all other parses, I was 110k+).

RNG is RNG. If it fucks you too much, go Frost. Fire isn't a skill-based specc, it's purely luck-based, unless you don't know what you're doing (and it's really hard to mess up as Fire unless you completely botch your cooldowns/Combustion)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It looks like you can reforge better. You are a human with a Spellsword. You get a racial 1% to hit. Your armory even says you are at 16% hit.

The only problem with IB is that it begins to ruin your current Ignite as the damage is meh. Guaranteed crit, yes. The Hot Streak you get after may not even crit so now you're really in the shitter.

@ Matamage, The only time ruining your ignite with IB is relevant is pre-combustion.

@Reforge, Doing H Tortos last night. Lusted, potted, flasked, trinkets proc, I literally got 0 crits before the turtles spawned. Doesn't matter how much crit you have, it will always be possible to have absolute shit RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would seem that you have misunderstood how Fire works now. You're not supposed to wait for two crits in a row. After one Fireball or whatever crit you purposely use Inferno Blast to proc a Hot Streak. That's how fire (t)rolls nowadays. Maybe this is the issue with your dps, especially at your gear and crit levels.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I have been doing ok dps as fire except when the RNG gods frown upon me.

I had someone look at my logs and made the comment that I am not using IB enough, that I should always use it immediately off CD. Typically, I hold back (unless I am spreading dots) on IB waiting for a HU so I can get the pyro! proc.

Which is the correct strategy?

@Preamo

Do not use it off cooldown. Use it when you have heating up, IB will turn that into a hot streak. HOWEVER, don't use hot streaks immediately, Wait until you have hot streak AND heating up. Then cast fireball and immediately after use your pyro! proc.

Then only time you should use IB when you dont have heating up is when you are trying to spread dots.

Read this and memorize the video. Make the alter time macro. Then spend some time on the dummies perfecting it.
    http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...ire-Mage-Guide