Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool 20% buffs to our AOE heals!

We buffed Healing Rain, Chain Heal and Earthliving by 20%. Live in NA and China. Rest of the world in the next day or two.

That should help!

Definitely needed something, but I think 20% might be a tad much. I figured a 15% would have been great on just CH and HR, but we'll see how it plays out. Felt weird having my AoE healing lower than everyone else for a while there, considering Shamans were one of the best AoE healers since forever!... lol

Overall good buff. Can't wait to try it in action.

wish they would work on the issue.

Deleted
    This should improve spread healing in the following ways:

1) Chain heal improvement increases viability of using the glyph
    2) Overall increase through Earth Living
    3) Potentially reduce the number of people needed for our Healing Rain to be effective

No idea how to quantify this though!

Sounds like a sloppy band aid for a minor injury. Gonna get redacted to 15 or 10% i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Sounds like a sloppy band aid for a minor injury. Gonna get redacted to 15 or 10% i bet.
    The usualy treatment for any specced Shaman. Elemental "fix" for 5.2 was a straight up Shamanism buff, when our problem lies in scaling. Ah well, Resto is weak this tier and hopefully this should tip the balance in their favour

yes a fix!!!! it makes me happy i want it to try out tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know: are these changes are classwide or resto exclusive?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Was a bit baffled by this buff aswell, 20% is quite high imo. Lets just hope they dont change it to 5% in the last second.

Deleted
    They are so wrong. Our mecanics need to change, not a % of heal for our AOE. We still CANT heal properly a raid where people are spread... Blizzard and the easiest way to buff a spé, epic.

We are 30% behind, with these buff, we are 15/20% behind, thx.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squadou View Post
    They are so wrong. Our mecanics need to change, not a % of heal for our AOE. We still CANT heal properly a raid where people are spread... Blizzard and the easiest way to buff a spé, epic.

We are 30% behind, with these buff, we are 15/20% behind, thx.
    Yes..This annoy me so much. still..we have great Raid cd's wich makes it up a tad. ( just a tad tho..)

Deleted
    I would much rather be 15% behind than 30% behind so this is good, hopefully will get some single target buffs as well once these settle, of those that do mainly 10 man.

Deleted
    is this alredy working in EU?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand View Post
    is this alredy working in EU?
    Yes it is. Tooltips aren't updated, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I hope this flat buff is just a hotfix, and that they'll work on a better fix for 5.3.
    Anyway, I might consider glyphing CH now \o/, before that it was just wasting a glyph slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axore View Post
    Yes..This annoy me so much. still..we have great Raid cd's wich makes it up a tad. ( just a tad tho..)
    So, you can heal well in AOE when we use our CD ? And outside ? You feel great when you have to heal when your raid is spread ? ( 80 % time on the new raid )

You just can heal as much as any other class when people are spread, we are the lowest by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahia View Post
    I hope this flat buff is just a hotfix, and that they'll work on a better fix for 5.3.
    Anyway, I might consider glyphing CH now \o/, before that it was just wasting a glyph slot.
    I think (hope) this is just what it is. I think it shows they realize that resto healing is too weak and they are looking at fixing it, but that will be for 5.3. And in the mean time, we at least get a little something so people hopefully won't stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    This is what I'm seeing also tbh, I don't understand why they aren't just reworking mastery to grant a flat %+ increase to healing across the board, instead of it being based on the %hp of target to gain incremental increases, "all" it requires is a tuning to resto shaman mastery like they did with disc.

In tier 15 so far, it's not very often a significant % of the raid dips low enough for r-shamans to benefit fully from mastery anyway, so this straight 20% buff will end up being op with changing mechanics moving forward, and thus reverted at that time, if not before.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-03-27 at 09:42 AM.

Earthliving and CH buffs are nice. I wonder if Healing Rain really needed 20% though. It was already strong, the problem was more with the fights this tier then with the healing output of the spell itself.

Glad to see shamans getting some love though, will make our resto shaman QQ less!

Should put us on par on Jin'Rokh and Mageara. Still behind on most other fights where the raid is stacked. The problem wasn't so much in the number as it is broken mechanics, specially in 10 man where HR and specially CH are not as good.

I noticed a good suggestion on the official forums that doesn't need much work and doesn't break PvP. Switch Ascendance and Mastery.

Our new mastery: Heals the raid x% of the heal we do. (Spread fights fixed)
    Ascendance: Heals hit for more on low hp targets (on use healing cooldown).