Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    they are porbably not too happy, but cant do anythin bout it, Jaina is the head of Dalaran, what she says goes[COLOR="red"]
    If Lan'dalock is any indication the council approves of the purge, Modera assisting Jaina on the Isle of Thunder almost confirms it.

well to get the full story you have to play both sides no?
    Yeah ,but I understand the people who don't want to invest so much time in order to get the full story.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Lan'dalock is any indication the council approves of the purge, Modera assisting Jaina on the Isle of Thunder almost confirms it.
    Or at least what they know that was ok in their eyes since Horde side it looks horrible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or at least what they know that was ok in their eyes since Horde side it looks horrible.
    If there hadn't been a Sunreaver traitor prior to all of this, they most likely wouldn't have agreed with Jaina, especially since they opened a very nasty old wound by imprisoning the blood elves in the violet hold.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If there hadn't been a Sunreaver traitor prior to all of this, they most likely wouldn't have agreed with Jaina, especially since they opened a very nasty old wound by imprisoning the blood elves in the violet hold.
    "my my, i daresay these prisons look familiar"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Its not like they didn't deserve imprisonment though, you can't ally with the Horde and take credit for the faction's success, then play the victim when they screw up.

Leopard, spots. Kirin Tor's gonna Kirin Tor. Was also once upon a time when Jaina Proudmoore was actually offended by summary, indefinite incarceration.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Its not like they didn't deserve imprisonment though, you can't ally with the Horde and take credit for the faction's success, then play the victim when they screw up.
    The purge was a necessary, after all that transpired, though it was poorly executed. Many sunreavers preferred their neutrality and now openly oppose the Kirin Tor , the negotiations between Stormwind and Silvermoon are in shambles as well, not to mention the relations between Dalaran and Quel'thalas.

I really hope the next time the Kirin Tor come to ask Quel'thalas for help, Rommath is allowed to deal with the situation.

"my my, i daresay these prisons look familiar"
    "Back in business! Now to execute an exit strategy..."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was clear they had no way of winning this, the moment Jaina decided to instigate the purge, but they didn't go down lightly and that is what is important, the way Mails describes it, is incredibly biased and had to be corrected.

Brushing a faction off like this is just wrong.

Yeah but there were also soldiers from Stormwind giving a hand in the purge.
    Didn't help that Aethas was mostly in "lets talk this out" mode the entire time. He let himself be imprisoned. So in addition to being taken by surprise, the Sunreavers were effectively operating with no leader.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Didn't help that Aethas was mostly in "lets talk this out" mode the entire time. He let himself be imprisoned.
    well i wldnt say he let himself be imprisoned
    Jaina is considered one of the most promising mages of her generation, thats somethin u gotta tread carefully with
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The purge was a necessary, after all that transpired, though it was poorly executed. Many sunreavers preferred their neutrality and now openly oppose the Kirin Tor , the negotiations between Stormwind and Silvermoon are in shambles as well, not to mention the relations between Dalaran and Quel'thalas.

I really hope the next time the Kirin Tor come to ask Quel'thalas for help, Rommath is allowed to deal with the situation.
    The problem was that the actions of the few(?) Sunreavers left Jaina and the Kirin Tor little choice. Their actions had dragged Dalaran into the war not that long after Jaina had refused point blank to rejoin the Alliance. By violating their sovereignity to that degree, the Horde pushed Dalaran back to the Alliance. The traitors involved had already survived one "cleansing" and Aethas was either involved or couldn't vouch for/control his people. There was no guarantee that they wouldn't survive another such cleansing and the stakes involved were high.

Jaina couldn't let them stay and Aethas refused the order to go. That left "kick them out" or "Imprison them".

As for the point - the Horde are there in the Vale as guests of the Pandarens. As are the Alliance. Could the Shado-Pan kick them out? Yes. Would they take losses? Yes. Would that stop them? No. These are the guys who face the mantid and fight them off every so often. And any attempt to fight back would only alienate them, and the rest of Pandaren society, even more - driving them more and more towards the Alliance as they would share a common enemy.

The Horde is having enough trouble as it is. Fortunately, Dezo appears to have "won" Taran Zhu over. It wasn't that long ago that Taran Zhu wouldn't have waited.

But - how long is a season? 3 months? One patch?

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-03-31 at 07:55 AM.

Okay that video, unexpectedly hilarious.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yes! Tear it all up! Strip mine it!

Progress! Development! Exploitation!
    Dwarf fortress in Warcraft?
    DF has some panda-men in it, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    Dwarf fortress in Warcraft?
    DF has some panda-men in it, by the way.
    Unfortunately, unless you allow it in the raws, you cant butcher them.

A water pipe busted and the horde is just trying to dig it up and fix it. That's our story and we are sticking to it.

Honestly I would love it if patch 5.3 and 5.4 made Thunder Bluff or Undercity the main Horde hubs due to Orgrimmar being closed off for Garrosh's "renovations".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    A water pipe busted and the horde is just trying to dig it up and fix it. That's our story and we are sticking to it.
    Sometimes you've just got to find and kill that noisy cicada, no matter the cost.
    NO MATTER THE COST.

There should be a big gaping hole where that pagoda is under the 2 statue's spears. BOOM

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    well i wldnt say he let himself be imprisoned
    Jaina is considered one of the most promising mages of her generation, thats somethin u gotta tread carefully with
    The dude ordered the Sunreavers with him to stand down ...

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The problem was that the actions of the few(?) Sunreavers left Jaina and the Kirin Tor little choice. Their actions had dragged Dalaran into the war not that long after Jaina had refused point blank to rejoin the Alliance. By violating their sovereignity to that degree, the Horde pushed Dalaran back to the Alliance. The traitors involved had already survived one "cleansing" and Aethas was either involved or couldn't vouch for/control his people. There was no guarantee that they wouldn't survive another such cleansing and the stakes involved were high.
    That's the big BS of an excuse ever. Every population has a few bad eggs. Do you purge an entire neighborhood if a few of it's dissidents grew up to be criminals?

Jaina couldn't let them stay and Aethas refused the order to go. That left "kick them out" or "Imprison them".
    Don't want them to stay ... That's why you imprison Aethas ...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Unfortunately, unless you allow it in the raws, you cant butcher them.
    There is a very large and overall cool mod called Orc Fortress. IIRC, you can butcher all humanoids in there.
    Dang, Orc Fortress.