10+ Year Old Account

Game modes clarification

Thought this was an interesting Blue post, as I wasn't sure on the clarity of the game modes:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/.../8481098598#12

"The Forge: Build a deck by selecting one card from each of a series of randomized card choices, and then play against other Forge participants. The cards you pick to build your deck are yours to keep—play well enough, and you could win even more. Note that you must trade in a certain number of card packs to participate in The Forge (further details to be announced later)."

So, you will need to win games in Play Mode in order to be able to "buy" your way in to The Forge. However, getting to keep the cards you pick sounds like it will be worth it. Still don't like the fact everything comes down to absolutely needing to play other players to earn anything in the game.

"Practice Mode: Play against A.I. opponents representing different classes to unlock new heroes and basic cards."

Well, I guess that works ok. I don't know what "basic" cards means though.

Basic cards are the starting cards you get from practice modes. They let you get enough cards to play before you get boosters. Basic cards cant be disenchanted for crafting.

As to the not wanting to play against others part well that kind of the point of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, that's what I meant. I meant that the entire point of the game hinges on playing other players. You can't earn any cards, any booster packs without it. I just hope the matchmaking system works, because if not, it's going to cause some havoc.