Thread: loneliness

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

loneliness

anyone else here just feel lonely all the time? It sucks i've felt like this for over a year now, and even tho i have friends and stuff but still. whenever I'm not with someone, I just feel immensely lonely or left-out. Is this normal feeling or am I messed up

I think it's a sign of a few things, but I couldn't rightly tell you what exactly. It'd probably do you a deal of good to speak with a professional about it, though.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-03-29 at 05:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    get a cat =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    get a cat =)
    i have two

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feel

It's relatively normal for you to enjoy the company of others so much that you want to be with them all the time, luckily the way our society is structured you will always be around other people. Try to do things you'd otherwise do alone with other people (studying, etc) if you think it would make you happier.

If being alone really, really bothers you there could be some other things going on like attachment issues, mild depression, need to get out and socialize more, etc...structuring activities for yourself when alone, going out more and/or talking to a therapist can help.

Deleted
    Looks like you are suffering from DPD! Just kidding, there's no way for me to know that. Some people are like that, the wiring is off, neurological issue. I also kept losing friends over the years, people that I knew from like 8 (I am 26 now) you know, people meeting new people, people moving to other countries because of fucked up economies, going to college, marrying.. moving on in general. That's how it goes, nothing lasts for ever, everything is always changing. I eventually dealt with it, just by facing & accepting that very fact.

Find more hobbies that you can do by yourself, build from there. If that doesn't help.. try to find the root of the problem, if you can't by yourself, then try to find someone to talk to - maybe you are a little depressed. Whatever it is that you decide to do, do it fast -- don't let that black hole grow.

I've felt this way for the last 5 years. Just don't let it eat you too much I guess.

Sounds like depression which is a chemical imbalance. You should seek proffesional help. I know I have been suffering from it for years myself. I really dont know if medication helps. I've never met anyone that said "I started this medication and I feel great!" One of the other problems is we as a society have become more and more dependent on the internet. There are days that I spend from the time I wake up till I go to bed sitting at my computer, I'm sure alot of other ppl are the same.

Get a dog or a girlfriend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    anyone else here just feel lonely all the time? It sucks i've felt like this for over a year now, and even tho i have friends and stuff but still. whenever I'm not with someone, I just feel immensely lonely or left-out. Is this normal feeling or am I messed up
    Yes. Different people have different needs. Most people want a relationship but not everyone feels the same ache. My old roommate married my cousin last July, but before he met her he was just fine. Relationships were not really on his radar and he was satisfied to wait as long as necessary. Other people I've met (including myself) have a deep yearning for love and don't really feel complete without it. Everyone has different capacities for love and relationships. I don't think you're messed up.

Deleted
    Maybe you perceive the world and everyone around you to be progressing, yet you yourself are stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only feel lonely when I have friends, cause I take it personally when I'm not invited to something. Also, social interactions emotionally exhaust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly how you feel.

Deleted
    I used to before I got into a relationship. I can't really stand being alone, it's up there among the worst things that can happen. Have real bad abandonment issues so to speak, can't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I can't really stand being alone, it's up there among the worst things that can happen.
    I really couldn't agree more. There's just a void that friends and family can't fill, a deeper need to be known and accepted on the most intimate levels. There isn't really anything else that can take a relationship's place imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i am lonely as hell to. it has gotten to the point where i now days keep thinking screw you world! i am lonely but i sorta found peace in it.

''I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it''
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    I felt that way very often when I was in a relationship with ex boyfriend. When he wasn't around or was out of reach, especially during evenings or at night I felt so lonely that it got depressing. But now, being single, I actually enjoy my me-time and never get lonely.

I'd rather deal with loneliness than frustration or anger of being around people I cannot stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been lonely most of my life, always been shy etc.... But i've finally found a friend i can just open up to about anything..
    Everyone deserves atleast one friend like that