Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Who here thinks the OP calmly and rationally put forward his reasoning for vote kicking the player in question and who thinks he was yelling and calling him a retard or worse in capital letters? It's obviously the second, so hopefully he gets a nice little ban to learn from! It's people like you who make LFR the bad experience it often is, not the so called bad player!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear you on this...I'm one of those people who usually just lets things go in LFR. I won't say anything if we're not having any issues, even if someone is under-performing horribly. They have to learn how to play their class and get gear somehow, right?

That being said, there are times when you just can't carry those people...it's just not possible. The first week Forgotten Depths was out in LFR we got to Ji-Kun and wiped repeatedly. Now, I'm a healer and was working my butt off and doing significantly more than many of the other healers. This is usually the case but in this particular run there was one holy paladin who was doing less healing done than the paladin tank and the same amount of healing done as the death knight tank. There are some things that cannot be remedied. I said in raid "Why is one of the healers doing less healing than the tanks?". He was kicked 30 seconds later...we got a new healer and downed it next attempt.

The likelihood that the shaman actually reported you for "harrassment" is slim. The likelihood that Blizzard would not just brush the ticket aside after looking at the chat log of what transpired is even slimmer. Saying that someone is doing something wrong repeatedly and asking for them to be kicked is not an actionable offense (or they would have never given us vote kick options in the first place). If you had called him every nasty name in the book and then demanded that he be vote kicked, it would have been a bit different.

You have to understand that there are just some people who want to play Devil's Advocate no matter what the topic is. It doesn't mean that the people who have the power will agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    As none of us were there we can't really say whether the Shaman was unreasonable or not however I do think it might have been better to explain to the warrior what they were doing wrong rather than insisting that he was kicked.
    I would agree with this. If the warrior was just the side kick for a multiboxer, and was causing the wipes, the more prudent thing to do is warn the boxer or kick him next time. Honestly, it's LFR. He did you a favor getting the buff for the boss' HP Annoying? Yes. Kick worthy? Nah. Odds are the Shaman was the multi-boxer.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it would have been better to remind the group of the mechanics (so as not to call anyone out). If they make the mistake again, whisper them. If they don't handle the criticism well or don't improve move to kick them. You should give people a couple of warnings, and honestly the first time other people could have moved and the second time it sounds like he's the only one that died (and I doubt that meant a wipe in and of itself). That way he could actually learn for future runs.

HOWEVER, what you did was not harassment. You didn't want to group with the person, and if the vote passed apparently others did not as well. It wasn't nice, but it certainly wasn't harassment.

How do you know it was deliberate? He could have been lagging or he might not have seen the encounter before or he might not have DBM to warn him I have found that with the amount of spell effects that it can sometimes be difficult to see the bad stuff on the floor.
    So because he lagged it would be ok? Because he doesn't see stuff on the ground due to his pc not being appropriate for the game, it is ok? I cannot judge about not having DBM or this person being there for the first time... But the first 2 reasons are reason enough for a kick. Don't ruin other peoples time when you don't have a proper connection or pc. I would even bench such people if they were in my guild or kicked even if they were new.

This thread paints the WoW community in a bad light. Theres no reason to kick anyone for being bad at the game. Was he being abusive? Doesn't sound like it. Do'nt like playing with bads? Make some friends and run LFR together. Don't take your angst out on less experienced players its just pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    So because he lagged it would be ok? Because he doesn't see stuff on the ground due to his pc not being appropriate for the game, it is ok? I cannot judge about not having DBM or this person being there for the first time... But the first 2 reasons are reason enough for a kick. Don't ruin other peoples time when you don't have a proper connection or pc. I would even bench such people if they were in my guild or kicked even if they were new.
    Makes me glad I am more casual than elitist. "Your toy is old and slightly rusty and is ruining the sandbox experience for the rest of us. Get out!" is all I ever hear when people complain about others ruining their experience. Maybe he is waiting for tax money to get a new PC, or just ordered one for his BDay, or maybe he expects an 8 year old game to use the same old graphics. This is all assuming the person was not a bad-boxer or a 7 year old who doesn't know the fight, or even how to play. Without being there and getting all the facts, it's easy for anyone to judge.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you know it was deliberate? He could have been lagging or he might not have seen the encounter before or he might not have DBM to warn him I have found that with the amount of spell effects that it can sometimes be difficult to see the bad stuff on the floor.
    Or some dumbass was dispelling the cinders immediately because they dispel anything that pops up on their grid. That's what happened in my LFR's the first week. I started doing "/YELL HEY IDIOT XYZ. Stop dispelling before the cinders person moved out of the group." It was easy to see the dispell count in skada and identify them.

People are so cowardly and weak these days. You're seriously afraid because someone might write a ticket on you? Jesus. Develop thicker skin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Everybody has experienced lag at the wrong moment at sometime or other it is counter productive to kick everyone every time this happens. It can be difficult when you have 10 or so melee plus full spell effects it can be difficult to see what is happening an option to only display your own spell and boss effects would solve this. I am saying it would have been better to check that everything was ok with the warrior before vote kicking him. If you wish to run your guild that way that is your business but the warrior was in LFR that has only been available for two weeks so you have to expect that there are going to be people that do not know what they are doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    So there I was trying to finish up my LFR ques for the week before reset at 3 in the morning....

Anyways, I told the group to report a player to be kicked and this shaman healer stops everything on the next boss to take the time to report me for harassment. The story...

The boss was Megaera and the first time we wiped was because somebody in the group got cinders and never moved thus creating a nice ring of fire in the clumped group. Well we regrouped and tried again, however, this time I noticed who did it. A warrior was just standing there after getting cinders and then proceeded to stand in the fire....the entire time. Once I noticed this I said to the rest of the raid he needs to get kicked. Multiple people agreed and he was kicked. Now...I am staring at this shaman who is supposedly writing a ticket that I was harassing other players and denying them loots, gold, and experience....

If this passes I just dont know.....
    You do know that cinders only hurts the person it has been cast on doing initial 57k damage and 42k a tick. Only when it's dispelled does it turn into a pool of fire. So yes, you are probably raging over the incorrect person which is why you were reported. If the person doesn't move, let them die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    *If* the person actually submitted a harassment ticket about you (and that's a strong if), and assuming your story occurred as you related it in the OP, then I can say with high confidence you'll hear nothing from a GM or Blizzard about it. You saw someone performing an act that could be construed as griefing, asked the group to initiate a kick, and enough people agreed with you that the motion to kick passed and the person was booted. You didn't misuse the vote-kick system, you didn't say/do anything objectionable beforehand, so all in all the system worked as designed. Just because the guy's friend got his butt chapped about it doesn't mean you (and all the other people who agreed with the vote-kick action) were in the wrong.

I got vote-kicked from an LFR raid for being a BE DK one time... some guy said he was going to kick me for it despite my high DPS, initiated the vote-kick, and lo and behold it passed and I was dropped from the group. I probably had more reason to write a harassment ticket to the GM's than this guy did, and they still probably wouldn't have done anything to the guy who kicked me. I just re-queued and hoped against hope that I wouldn't be put on board yet another fail train.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

LFR is where the most vile rear their heads nowadays.

Past two weeks, had LFRs where:
    - a druid tank kept moonfiring and pulling all the bats in Tortos's room before people even finished loading.
    - a healer being a LFR hero and whining he was top on heals while being PvP geared and glyphed, still under the false assumption that PvP gear is outclassed by PvE by orders of magnitude.
    - someone coming in at 4 stacks of Determination on Ji-Kun at the end of first week it was available and generally being a miserable person.

I highly suggest nowadays, if you know what you're doing on the boss, to turn off Instance chat.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Lol this statement is so funny, because I been harassing people in raid finder since it came out, and nothing has happen yet. Raid finder is so boring that harassing people is the fun part, I really enjoy doing it for no reason at all just because its the only way you communicate now in WoW, well besides trolling trade chat.
    Another low life scumbag full of character flaws that gets his/her kicks harassing people in the most cowardly way...on the internet!!!!!

Deleted
    I love the people who start inspecting others for PvP gear in LFR, and then ask the rest to vote for a kick.

I mean if the game mechanics of LFR think that a PvP player is qualified to join, then there's no reason to kick him. It's LFR anyway, it's designed to be easy, even if half of the players are close to being braindead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I started doing "/YELL HEY IDIOT XYZ.
    So you went straight from zero to yelling IDIOT. No calm and friendly attempt at explanation in between. You're a bigger part of the LFR problem than the "idiots".

Adding to my post above, a few weeks ago a monk tank was kicked for wearing DPS gear. ¬_¬

Granted, he wasn't doing very well, but I was urging people to not vote for the gear reason. He just needed help/work with his skill priority. :/
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    So you went straight from zero to yelling IDIOT. No calm and friendly attempt at explanation in between. You're a bigger part of the LFR problem than the "idiots".
    The "I started doing" infers that it was happening multiple times. I clearly explained it my 2nd and 3rd time through LFR last week. So when it happens the first time during the fight you don't need to call the person out but "/yell STOP DISPELLING cinders in the group" isn't out of line.

But when it happens again that attempt someone needs to speak up and call them out. It got the point across and didn't happen for the remainder of the kill. Sorry if you have thin skin but that person is wiping the raid. It'd be different if they were standing in the fire and only killing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Golden rule of LFR:
    NEVER EVER RUN LFR ON TUESDAYS, i experienced this last week and i swore for not having it done in the previous days, groups are just filled with retarded/underskilled players, tons of wipes, players quitting and endless wait times for new players (especially healers) to join...
    Funny, my ToT Part 2 LFR run last tuesday was pretty smooth.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Funny, my ToT Part 2 LFR run last tuesday was pretty smooth.
    Probably a European user, since their resets are on Wednesday, so their Tuesday would be our Monday, and hooo boy, our Mondays are... interesting.