Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    A proper FF:Tactics sequel, none of this 'advanced' crap.
    Yes please. Do want.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Is it bad I want a PC version? ><
    Of what? 7?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of what? 7?
    Any new game Square puts out. FF7 has it's own place in my mind. I don't want a remake of it personally. I had my fun of the game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Any new game Square puts out. FF7 has it's own place in my mind. I don't want a remake of it personally. I had my fun of the game.
    Btw, I agree with you.

It seems like a LOT of the classic RPG fans are now PC gamers because of EA/Acitivision turning console games into broshooters.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Oh, well, they recently re-released 7 on the PC. But I agree, more PC titles would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well, they recently re-released 7 on the PC. But I agree, more PC titles would be nice.
    It didn't seem like they changed much in the re-release other than the music. Luckily it's modded like crazy though.

I like how the company admits to the long-term failures of cash grabs. That's two CEOs of major companies stepping down after they went in bad directions - hope for the industry?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    It didn't seem like they changed much in the re-release other than the music. Luckily it's modded like crazy though.
    Well no, its was meant to be a straight up re-release, not enhanced or remade in any way. Just because finding the original version requires you to take a chance on eBay.

Deleted
    Like some commenter on destructoid said..

"So EA and SE made MMO and shoved tons of money into them, they flopped and now they blame their successfull IP's about the losses. And they both even did that twice"

10+ Year Old Account
    screw Final fantasy... what about kingdom hearts??? Stop it with the bullcrap handheld... release KH3 or don't bother claiming to remake amazing games... damn... I was in love with square enix after both KH 1 and 2.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Of what? 7?
    That would be pretty funny, since I know that there are at least 2 different PC versions of the game: One released many years ago, when FF7 was still fresh-sh, and one last year.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Like some commenter on destructoid said..

"So EA and SE made MMO and shoved tons of money into them, they flopped and now they blame their successfull IP's about the losses. And they both even did that twice"
    Eh, EA kinda blames it's customer or just out right ignores it.
    SE at least admits that they were doing stupid things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mad still about the latest Parasite Eve and FF13-2's plot. Lightning Returns will probably be my last game I pick up from them.

I feel like I'm growing old and bitter towards SE. FF12 and FF14 were horrible though imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two major Handheld KH games are both visually and mechanically superior to the PS2 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they end up rebooting the Grandia series. With a new CEO, maybe they'll take things in a new direction.

Is it bad I want a PC version? ><
    Not at all. Personally I would welcome more console turn based RPGS and other genres on the PC, especially since I like the better graphics that my PC can produce and I prefer to use a controller.

Though I do have some reservations about whether or not Square can turn this around, I do have high hopes, cause well I appreciate the attempt to try something new with there games FFX and earlier were far suppiror to FFXII and on word (Though FFXIII was decent aand XIII-2 was ok but the story was terrible). Not to mention there other series like Grandia and Dragon Warrior basically being left out to dry, I think the only game SE produced the generation that was better then past installments was Star Ocean 4, Which is another game that seems to fallen of the map.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2013-03-29 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I hope they end up rebooting the Grandia series. With a new CEO, maybe they'll take things in a new direction.
    I would rather they let the series rest in peace than risk anymore damage done to its good name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    It seems their strength lies in the games they publish, not the games they develop these days. I loved Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Tomb Raider.
    Agree with this, but i want an epic FF again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't hate consoles don't get me wrong but I don't have time for it so I prefer some PC titles. Either way I hope good things come from this.

It seems like a LOT of the classic RPG fans are now PC gamers because of EA/Acitivision turning console games into broshooters.
    It's actually cause a lot of RPGS I like are PC :-P As for some shooters that have decent lore(Story) I want to cry cause I have to play it on console(Halo says hello)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not at all surprised that they completely failed with their strayed path. They've come this far by making high quality single-player RPGs, and they should not abandon that at their core. Sure you need to venture out into the unknown every now and then, but not at the expense of what made you great in the first place. And frankly, FF13 and everything after it was nothing but a disgrace to the name.

Well, time to own up and try again. They've proven they can do it in the past, and I'm sure that if they try, they can have new successes in the future. Why shouldn't they top FF7? It's already decried by many people as vastly overrated, so surely it can't be a titanic feat to create something better? Just focus less on eye candy and more on character development, and there you go! People are clamoring for remakes, so there's definitely an audience. Don't underestimate gamers, Square - we DO respond positively to sophisticated products!