10+ Year Old Account

Regarding the Soft Cap on Haste

I tried looking through the forum a bit before posting; I apologize if I missed this question somewhere:

If an elemental shaman hits the haste soft cap, will the elemental blast function correctly and apply the additional haste, or will it negate that portion of the buff?

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 07:20 PM ----------

Wasn't able to delete this through the edit menu, but I did find the answer to my question. EB's haste stacks right on top.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no actual cap on haste -- in theory, you could stack enough haste to push your hearth cast time down to under a second. (At the end of Cata, I could push over ~120% haste between procs, elemental mastery, and bloodlust.) However, the GCD is capped at 1 second, which is how soft and hard caps come into play.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "caps" aren't points at which you cannot stack more Haste, they're points at which your current Haste has "maxxed out" its potential benefit for a given spell, and additional Haste will not benefit that spell any further. For instance, once you get Lava Burst to a 1s cast time, additional Haste can't reduce the effective cast time, since you're still limited by the 1s GCD.

You can (and will) continue to stack Haste on in addition to those caps, you just gain less benefit out of it. Even past the 100% "hard cap", you're still getting additional Flame Shock ticks from extra Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "caps" aren't points at which you cannot stack more Haste, they're points at which your current Haste has "maxxed out" its potential benefit for a given spell, and additional Haste will not benefit that spell any further. For instance, once you get Lava Burst to a 1s cast time, additional Haste can't reduce the effective cast time, since you're still limited by the 1s GCD.

You can (and will) continue to stack Haste on in addition to those caps, you just gain less benefit out of it. Even past the 100% "hard cap", you're still getting additional Flame Shock ticks from extra Haste.
    with that in mind endus does haste beat out int? Should we say stack nothing but haste? Or should we just use a pure haste gem when there is an yellow socket, instead of a int+haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    with that in mind endus does haste beat out int? Should we say stack nothing but haste? Or should we just use a pure haste gem when there is an yellow socket, instead of a int+haste?
    no it does not. where get you this idea from? if you are unsure what to do use simcraft to get an idea what you personal stat priorities are. int is worth much more than secondary stats for us always. the only question is mastery, crit, haste next. and elemental shaman is not a spec where you can put everything in one stat there is a synergy between all thats why you have to sim it because on specific stat values they flip. look at you reforge plot and you see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    1 for 1 it doesn't. There's a point where 2x haste shows up stronger than 1x int (entry T15N gear before you get the meta appears to be where it happened for me) and haste gems began to be stronger than int gems.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com