Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    I don't understand why my dps is so shitty then, i was operating under the idea that BM would be extremely good on that fight if you stood in the pools 99% of the time you were able
    BM is good when executed properly, however SV isn't as CD dependent as BM and thus should be easier to get more dps with.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  2. #102
    How is the first Post Durumu Sentence "Deterrence will reduce damage taken" a Tip? Deterrence always reduces all damage taken so this is either redundant or that sentence needs to be told for everything in Tier15 that can damage you.

  3. #103
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    Does anyone have advice on beasting H Horridon? What talents do people recommend?
    Won't be seeing it til Friday, but I imagine silencing shot will be pretty standard, or binding shot if you have enough interrupts and you want to chain stun the plague adds on 3rd door with a lock or something. Binding shot will disrupt that random charge bullshit posthaste, might also be good for a tank kiting the warlord's to get MS to drop off. I'm thinking Fervor/Barrage might be a thing, and that hunters will be on "clean up" duty, IE kill the adds which people aren't focusing for interrupts, etc. Ofc SV, so maybe ToTH too, but ToTH is so random and gives me so little control that I'm just about to give up on it for Fervor, since I only ever need to AoE in large bursts (IE, ball lightning Lei Shen, bats on Tortos, etc) which are rarely closer than 30s apart...not seeing where the sustained AoE which really makes ToTH pull ahead in this tier, unless there's some add phase I'm not thinking about in heroic.

    Posthaste might be worth it for movement, the room is rather large, and there's nothing you can immune afaik that warrants the 1m deterrence as opposed to 2m. I guess for me that'd depend on how much I need to disengage - I don't really see it being overly necessary except between doors and if I happen to get charged/get caught by a charge in the group.

  4. #104
    Heroic Jin-rokh you can deterrence when he casts ionization to avoid the debuff completely

  5. #105
    I'll be updated this post periodically with tips and tricks for Heroic specific encounters. It looks like most of the normal mode tricks are covered.

    Heroic Jin'rokh - You can deterrence Ionization completely. Just use deterrence a second or so before he started to cast Ion, and you will not even get the debuff (It's misses). Extremely useful and powerful.

    If you want to see any of these tricks in real time, my stream is in my sig. All kills should have the tricks somewhere in them (Might need to fast forward). All of the videos are under Highlights section.

  6. #106
    If it happens to go off, Deterrence will prevent 100% of the breath from Tortos (this was on normal 10 man). Your raid can recover from a breath as I found out so it's worth noting.

  7. #107
    Just found this yesterday.

    Tortos:

    Ice trap can slow turtle & bats but you may want to think twice before you use it. If you have a better aoe slow in your raid (like DK's Chilblains), you may not want to use your ice trap because silly program thinks ice trap is a "more powerful" slow and override other 50% duration-based slow effect.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 11:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    OK so a few things about this thread:


    • please don't post anything that you can't confirm - don't post things that you think might work, or that you heard might work.
    • I won't be including your opinions on which spec should be used - because right now it's very subjective

    The guy that posted 3rd in this thread had a lot to say - but it sounds like he is speaking from information he got from someone else. Can anyone else confirm his suggestions? I am hesitant to post information that wasn't posted here from a first hand experience.

    My guild doesn't raid on Tuesdays so I'll try to confirm his post tonight.

    updated main post
    Hi I just wanna comment on this reply that I really like your rules here. I sometimes got pissed on other sub-forums that ppl just think their own subjective or even prejudiced opinion is the truth, without even thinking things through, and think others are all wrong and stupid by choosing differently. It's very good to see an objective post...
    Last edited by jasonleekungfu; 2013-03-13 at 05:07 PM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Ah sorry, thought you saw it when I said it <3
    I know I read it in the thread - because I even repeated the information to the other hunter in my guild. I probably assumed I had corrected it, but never did. I really do appreciate people pointing out corrections that need to be made. There can be a lot of repeated information here, or information that it just opinion and I just flat out miss things sometimes when I'm skimming through all the posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    How is the first Post Durumu Sentence "Deterrence will reduce damage taken" a Tip? Deterrence always reduces all damage taken so this is either redundant or that sentence needs to be told for everything in Tier15 that can damage you.
    So your only contribution to this topic is to nitpick about the wording on something? The Durumu tip: Deterrence will not 100% deflect the Eye Sore damage in the maze but it will reduce the damage taken is worded that way because there was a discussion on what exactly was happening with deterrence during the maze. I'm not changing it unless other people have a problem with the wording as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    I'll be updated this post periodically with tips and tricks for Heroic specific encounters. It looks like most of the normal mode tricks are covered.
    Ark - If you don't mind, would you just make a new post anytime you have a new tip? When I edit the main post, I start at the place I last ended - so after I update today, I won't be going back to look at your old comments and even if I did, it would be hard for me to tell what was a new comment from you and what wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    Hi I just wanna comment on this reply that I really like your rules here. I sometimes got pissed on other sub-forums that ppl just think their own subjective or even prejudiced opinion is the truth, without even thinking things through, and think others are all wrong and stupid by choosing differently. It's very good to see an objective post...
    Thanks I just want to make sure that the information is up to date and correct!


    UPDATING main post through this comment

  9. #109
    Need someone else to confirm, just to ensure it wasn't a bug, but I'm certain I was able to Feign off Horridon's charge last week. He cancelled his charge and simply Double Swiped in place.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamok View Post
    Need someone else to confirm, just to ensure it wasn't a bug, but I'm certain I was able to Feign off Horridon's charge last week. He cancelled his charge and simply Double Swiped in place.
    Will be trying H tonight, will try confirming if it works.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 01:56 AM ----------

    Horridon - you can deterrence every dire call (Horridon emits a powerful roar, inflicting 270000 Physical damage to all enemies and empowering allies, increasing melee attack speed by 50%.) half of 270000 is 135000 before other mitigation sources. Seems worth it imo.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  11. #111
    Did anyone try to FD off a charge on Horridon? I was too chicken to try it last night because I didn't want to wipe the raid if I FD'd and it didnt work and then didn't get out in time.

    Heroic Horridon:

    - for the purple dino add that you have to knock back - barrage will hit and knock back even if you don't target it.
    - seemed like multi shot wouldnt hit it or knock it back unless i had the purple dino(can't remember the name of it) targeted

    -here's a problem myself and a warlock had last night - both of us lost the red line that connected us to our dino and the dino disappeared as our focus target. when it first happened i thought it bugged out, but it's still there, still follows you - just no red line and you have to re-focus it. the warlock thinks it has something to do with the 3rd gate - which is where it always seems to happen. i think it might have something to do with sending a pet to knock it back. did this happen to anyone else on this fight?

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    Did anyone try to FD off a charge on Horridon? I was too chicken to try it last night because I didn't want to wipe the raid if I FD'd and it didnt work and then didn't get out in time.

    Heroic Horridon:

    - for the purple dino add that you have to knock back - barrage will hit and knock back even if you don't target it.
    - seemed like multi shot wouldnt hit it or knock it back unless i had the purple dino(can't remember the name of it) targeted

    -here's a problem myself and a warlock had last night - both of us lost the red line that connected us to our dino and the dino disappeared as our focus target. when it first happened i thought it bugged out, but it's still there, still follows you - just no red line and you have to re-focus it. the warlock thinks it has something to do with the 3rd gate - which is where it always seems to happen. i think it might have something to do with sending a pet to knock it back. did this happen to anyone else on this fight?
    Multishot will hit it. If you position your dino into the pack of mobs and just multishot away, you won't even notice it's there, as it'll be knocked back over and over without costing you anything.

  13. #113
    Heroic Horridon - Snake Trap + Barrage makes the entire mechanic irrelevant (Phase 2 at least). For phase 1, depending on your strat, just kite the add so that it's in between you and the AoE pack.

    Your pet also makes a great knockback if you are confident in your pet control. Put him on passive and send him onto the direhorn. Just be careful that he doesn't push it back to far and despawns (Which is why I prefer Snake Trap).

  14. #114
    Could you re-confirm that deterrence works on the Breath on tortos? Trying to save some repair money and all it seems to do is reduce the dmg 50% (glyphed).. Not Deflect it.

  15. #115
    I haven't tested it on breath because you shouldn't get a breath. Just deterrence the quakestomp or to reduce damage from the falling rocks.

  16. #116
    On Lei Shen, you can Deterrence the Overcharge AOE stun, if you know, for whatever reason you forget to stack on the person with the Overcharge debuff. You won't get stunned or take any damage.


    Can anyone confirm that pets on Heroic Jin'rokh will receive the damage buff as long as the player is standing in the pool? I didn't notice it receiving a buff when we killed it.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipdisk View Post
    On Lei Shen, you can Deterrence the Overcharge AOE stun, if you know, for whatever reason you forget to stack on the person with the Overcharge debuff. You won't get stunned or take any damage.


    Can anyone confirm that pets on Heroic Jin'rokh will receive the damage buff as long as the player is standing in the pool? I didn't notice it receiving a buff when we killed it.
    Yes, that's how it works on jinrokh.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  18. #118
    Hi everyone, finally decided to participate in the forums instead only reading it

    H Jin'Rokh - Deterrence for Ionization debuff is best choice but if by any chance you forget you can always avoid all dmg when the debuff runs out. Funny though it only protects you from your own damage. If you chain with someone, the other person damage will damage you (and kill you if you are standing in water and someone fails).

    H Horridon - Snake trap is great for Direhorn Beast but snakes like to change target to boss when its close enough. Its best to knock it back some with secondary barrage shots or mouseover SrS (lowest cost) and then keep it away with snake trap at the last phase. In tribal door phases MS and barrage work just fine with occasional mouseover SrS.

    Binding Shot - while it stuns the adds (only the lesser two of each gate) with the sand traps/venom pools/frozen orbs/totems it messes sometimes the fight for melee classes. I would recommend to take silencing for the dinomancer casts.

    H Council - still wiping, nothing usefull to share atm

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    Hi everyone, finally decided to participate in the forums instead only reading it

    H Jin'Rokh - Deterrence for Ionization debuff is best choice but if by any chance you forget you can always avoid all dmg when the debuff runs out. Funny though it only protects you from your own damage. If you chain with someone, the other person damage will damage you (and kill you if you are standing in water and someone fails).
    You want to deterrence before ionization goes out so you don't get the debuff to begin with thus mitigating the damage 100% rather than 50% and risking hitting other people and you do more dps since you don't need to leave the pool.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    -here's a problem myself and a warlock had last night - both of us lost the red line that connected us to our dino and the dino disappeared as our focus target. when it first happened i thought it bugged out, but it's still there, still follows you - just no red line and you have to re-focus it. the warlock thinks it has something to do with the 3rd gate - which is where it always seems to happen. i think it might have something to do with sending a pet to knock it back. did this happen to anyone else on this fight?
    This will happen when the add is to far away. It's actually a good tip too macro "pet attack" to the dino. Your pet atacks do knock it back and you don't have to waste anny globals, just make shure to send it send it back on anything else after some time or your pet will despawn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •