Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So is that what heroic is going to become?

1 tank - 1 healer - 8 dps and zerg the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    (regardless of whatever the tooltip says)
    That is not the tooltip, that is the actual information in the data files. That is what they change in hotfixes.

Ok since everyone is spewing random crap

If I do 100k dps. Do I do 25k dps or 75k dps to Priomordius without the buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post

You do 25k.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post

You will do 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    You will do 100k.
    You will not do 100k because he has a damage reduction aura to players who aren't fully mutated. It's up for discussion if it's a 75% or 25% reduction. I'll get to the bottom of that though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    He was making fun of the guy for stating something stupid. If he does 100k dps he does 100k dps. What he should have written was "If I under normal circumstances would do 100k dps, what would be DPS on primordius be?"

It's a 25% reduction despite what wowhead and wowdb are saying. I checked through a log and took a snapshot before almost any player had gained fully mutated (2 players got the buff). The raid did in a 46 second time period 71,300,511 damage to primordius in said time period. That's 1,550,011.1087 dps, with 17 dps that puts it at 91,177 dps per person (a little lower cause of the tanks) Now if it were getting reduced by 75% then that would put it at 6,200,044 raid dps or 364,708 dps per person. So... Yeah, no.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerjoe View Post
    He was making fun of the guy for stating something stupid. If he does 100k dps he does 100k dps. What he should have written was "If I under normal circumstances would do 100k dps, what would be DPS on primordius be?"
    I wouldn't call that stupid, that's a legitimate question. Attacking primordius without the fully mutated buff will decrease your dps. There was some controversy about it being a 25% DR or a 75% DR. He was just trying to find out which was true.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-31 at 08:32 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    The 25% thing explains a lot. I was thinking since our first tries that 75% couldn't be correct because my dragonroar still hit the boss for upwards of 200k without beeing fully mutated. And over 1 mio for a single dragon roar is just not realistic.

Strangely enough dungeon journal says reduced BY 75%...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Strangely enough dungeon journal says reduced BY 75%...
    yes, and it also says you need to get 10 stacks to become fully mutated

10+ Year Old Account
    can confirm, achievement is possible

www.voximmortalis.com
    Recruiting exceptional players for Mists of Pandaria, Siege of Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the Boss easier without killing the blobs than he is with killing blobs? Or at least, not much harder?

All that boss kiting and add switching/killing and movement will reduce your dps by quite abit. From what I understand with this tactic, you just simply put the boss in the middle of the room, spread your raid around him (20y to the boss but 6y apart) and patchwork him down.

Only two problems - healers running oom (though one might say, having 4x haste buff from the random mutation is even worse) and not enough dps to reach the enrage timer.

So again, if you have the dps, doesn't it trivialize the encounter!?

EDIT:

Some Numbers - 218.000.000 Boss HP, over 480 seconds (8 minutes berserk)

567.708 sustained Raid DPS over 8 Minutes with 25% reduction

With a 2 Tank doing half the DPS of a Damage Dealer and 3 Healers, you have a total of 6 DPS

Thats 94.618 sustained DPS / Player (half that for the tanks). Healers can also do quite a bit of DPS i guess for some parts.

Now, when I look at our Logs from single-target encounter fights (like magaera - 7 minutes), every DPS has above 100k DPS.

And we just have like 515 average Itemlevel.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 11:59 PM ----------

Killed the Boss tonight with Achievement - World 10th according to Guildoxx.

It's easy mode. Seriously. It's even easier than normal. We had about 1:10 left before the 8 Minute Enrage timer.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5968&e=6377
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-04-02 at 01:35 PM.

I'm assuming this will work on 25N as well?
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    I'm assuming this will work on 25N as well?
    Yes, our guild did it last night. Just have ranged spread out for spines, tank him in the middle of the room, ignore all adds and burn him. Kill time was 6:37. Incredibly boring, and healers will have to be on their game, but other than that it's easy.

Deleted
    Did the achievement on 25 heroic yesterday, as Mione says all damage is reduced by 25% regardless of what the dungeon journal says.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can't hotfix tooltips or dungeon journal entries. That's why they don't match what you see in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    They can't hotfix tooltips or dungeon journal entries. That's why they don't match what you see in-game.
    They can hotfix dungeon journal entries, and have done so, no idea how they do it but its been done more then once. (im pretty sure the journal isnt client sided but who knows).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Seems they can now. Well not exactly hotfix but pretty similar and allows them to change tooltips without waiting for a major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    You need to kill Primordius without anyone absorbing a Mutagenic Pool. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8037

On 10 man Normal, boss has 218 mil health.

218 mil * 4 (75% damage reduction without Fully Mutated) / 480 seconds (8 minute Berserk) = 1.81 million raid DPS sustained for 8 minutes. This doesn't seem possible without T16 Heroic gear.

Boss only takes 25% reduced damage, many guilds completely ignore mechanics on the boss and just burn him down on hc without becoming mutated.

friends guild did it today as a matter of a fact: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Saycer/feed