Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koontakent View Post
    I'd judge you for being covered in tattoos aswell

Oh look, we have one these people.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I just lost one point off of my license because I forgot to put my P plates on my girlfriends car as I was driving it to drop myself off home while she rested.
    I have only ever been pulled over once before for just a obligatory random breath test during the early hours of the morning, which of course I cleared.

I have never done anything wrong at all but I got a 232 dollar fine, and lost one point.
    What annoys me is she didn't even check my record or anything before deciding to fine me.
    I honestly thought she saw my sleeves/neck tattoos and instantly decided she was going to fine me.
    Regardless of my previous clean record with no problems ever.

Over almost 4 years of driving I have not done anything wrong, and I cop a huge fine over a piece of plastic not showing.

FML.

Any of you feel like you get stereotyped by police for no good reason? :/
    Your mad because you didn't do what you were supposed to and got caught which lead you to getting punished for breaking the law. I can definitely see how the cop could see all your tattoos before she pulled you over just to fine you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you just had to be there to see the look on her face as she approached the car and saw what I look like.
    As well as the conversation in regards to how she spoke to me.

Guess I didn't get my point across very well.
    I don't know, it depends. I mean, do you know if ordinarily this police officer finds people on their Ps without Ps and lets them off with a warning? Because otherwise all you can say from that is she was judging you, but it's part of her job to give fines so she'd probably have fined you regardless, because she could, and it's her job.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I don't get it. I got my first and only speeding ticket, the first time I got pulled over. At no time did I think I wouldn't get a ticket, because it was my first time being pulled over.
    Speeding is endangering lives.
    I got fined 230+ dollars and a point over a piece of plastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see the point using plates if you have your driving lincence for so long.
    In your place i would call into a station and report this as a abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-plate

Unles you are not old more than 25.
    n NSW you need to complete a minimum 120 driving experience hours. The 120 hour minimum driving experience requirement remains the same for all Learner drivers - if you are under 25 years old, you will still need to hold your L-Licence for at least 12 months before attempting to take the Driving Test.

I am kinda happy we dont have this stupid rules in my country.. (you can drive at 18 years but you can complete a test at 16-17)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Well by that logic duplicated drivers licence should not be fined(which is a piece of plastic).

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I dont see the point using plates if you have your driving lincence for so long.
    In your place i would call into a station and report this as a abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-plate

Unles you are not old more than 25.
    n NSW you need to complete a minimum 120 driving experience hours. The 120 hour minimum driving experience requirement remains the same for all Learner drivers - if you are under 25 years old, you will still need to hold your L-Licence for at least 12 months before attempting to take the Driving Test.

I am kinda happy we dont have this stupid rules in my country.. (you can drive at 18 years but you can complete a test at 16-17)

Nah mate, P plates, not L plates.

Essentially once you past your L plates at a minimum age of 17, you have to have your P1 and P2 plates for a minimum of 3 years.
    I am at the end of my P2s. I got them a bit late so I'm 21, but they'll be finished in I believe two months.
    This is NSW, don't know about other states.

Thanks though. :3

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Well by that logic duplicated drivers licence should not be fined(which is a piece of plastic).
    That's not the same thing at all.
    But sure.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 02:45 PM ----------

That's not the same thing at all.
    But sure.
    Its not about the safety, its about sending a message.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    that just bullshit lol, whats the point of passing a driving test then if ur still gonna be restricted.
    yea, just make the test hard enough...

I understand the "L" plates (we have to use them in Belgium as well), but that whole "P" plate business just shows that the government doesn't trust the official driving test.

Anyone who says they dosen't judge or think something upon the looks off others are obviously lying. Yes Id put you inn a box aswell cause off tatoos.

Now to the actual point off my post...Its a fine - Get over it. You did something wrong to get that. Not end off the world. Thousands gets speeding tickets every day for going just abit over the speed limit, even trough it posses no risk for anyone... I think you are just some police hater.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    You think my only speeding ticket would be in a crowded area? I didn't get reckless driving... I got a ticket for going 10 over, in a secluded area. So? It doesn't change the law...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Mate got a similar fine because his back P-plate was "obscured" under his license plate. Granted you could still easily tell it was a red P plate. But then again he was driving a fairly well done up GT-R so the cop just wanted to fine him for something and that was the best he could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Mate got a similar fine because his back P-plate was "obscured" under his license plate. Granted you could still easily tell it was a red P plate. But then again he was driving a fairly well done up GT-R so the cop just wanted to fine him for something and that was the best he could come up with.
    A GT-R, i am jealous of your friend.

Deleted
    You broke the law but it is the Police officers fault you got punished? Suck it up and accept your punishment.

I hate to shatter your bubble. However if you have a neck tattoo, you're deciding to have no significant future. You shouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2013-03-31 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad we don't have something like p-plates here in Illinois. I'd hate to be the poor soul trying to drive thru Chicago on one of the highways going 10 mph slower than the rest of the traffic. It really sounds dangerous to me.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-03-31 at 03:06 PM.

So OP, just to get the facts straight:

You broke the law, you were fined for it, and now you think the officer was stereotyping you? Did the officer say anything to suggest this? Such as: "So Sleevey McNecktatts, are you in a rush to leave because you're off to commit more crimes?", "did you get those in prison" or maybe "normally I'd ignore the fact that you've broken the law as this is your first offence, however I changed my mind when I laid eyes upon your tattoos"?

I don't see anything in your OP about your demeanor. Though if your immediate reaction to being fined for something you clearly did is to call "discrimination", I'm not inclined to believe you handled yourself exceptionally well.

Otherwise, why the hell would you be on your Ps if you've been driving for almost 4 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. If you break the law you get punished. That's the point of the law?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

I worked nights so i never put my P's up and was always out past 12. had to go on the freeways at 100+ to get home.
    though it helps when you drive a 10 year old people mover, no one thinks your doing anything wrong. hell i was even waved past a drunk bus once.

Cops wont know your on P's untill they pull you over and look at your licence. so why did you get pulled over to begin with?

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    What the heck is a GT-R?
    Skyline GT-R, a very nice car. worth a google.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsSpawn View Post
    I worked nights so i never put my P's up and was always out past 12. had to go on the freeways at 100+ to get home.
    though it helps when you drive a 10 year old people mover, no one thinks your doing anything wrong. hell i was even waved past a drunk bus once.

Cops wont know your on P's untill they pull you over and look at your licence. so why did you get pulled over to begin with?

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:07 PM ----------

Skyline GT-R, a very nice car. worth a google.
    Maybe his car, I dunno, they do seem to target the guys/gals with done up cars.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno