Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's pretty hard to smash your way to victory if you're fucking dead. Seems to me like if he had a way of influencing Garrosh right now, that would be pretty much all he could do as he's only a skeleton right now. Masking your presence, even if you're a pitlord, is pretty important then, as for whatever he would be trying to achieve, that' s gonna be harder if Garrosh becomes aware of it.
    My point still stands: Pit Lords don't think that way. Besides, it's pretty tough to plan anything when you're dead. It's not like he died and went "Oh well, at least I can corrupt him slowly through my bones now." He didn't think anything after he died. He's dead and can't make any actions.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm going to present you with an alien concept *other peoples (or characters) perspective*.

Let it sink in. Someone who is ARROGANT may think that he is too good to be masked, assuming he still has a soul. It's also possible that it is just a natural fel taint leftover from such a powerful being that could seep in, like that of a corpse carrying a contagious disease.
    Have you taken notice of the fact that Mannoroth is a skeleton right now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    The Annihilan (or pit lords) aren't demons per se, they are a race that were recruited by force by the Legion. That said I don't think his (Mannoroth's) remains have any influence over Garrosh and introducing the Legion this early even if the next expansion is about them isn't very smart in my mind.
    going by that every race of the burning legion isnt a demon, because they were recruited by sargeras' forces. in the warcraft universe a demon is a being that is a natural inhabitant of the nether or a being that was transformed into a demon due to fel taint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    My point still stands: Pit Lords don't think that way. Besides, it's pretty tough to plan anything when you're dead. It's not like he died and went "Oh well, at least I can corrupt him slowly through my bones now." He didn't think anything after he died. He's dead and can't make any actions.
    I guess we're talking about a situation where his spirit, somehow bound to his skeleton, that is now Garrosh's armor, somehow corrupts Garrosh, right?

That still means he doesn't only use brute strength. So if it is in his abilties to mask his presence, why wouldn't he do that? What else can he do right now, gnaw on Garrosh's shoulder?
    Well, considering the fact that it wasn't his idea and that he had to literally be led to that action, he wouldn't independently have done that.

And just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you WILL. He knows magic too, but he's still a melee fighter. What does that tell you about him? That he prefers to be direct. He doesn't like complicated ideas or plans. He likes to keep things simple. Corruption of a soul through subtle means is a complicated and long process. He wouldn't have the patience for it. It's simply not his way and anyone who has actually followed his character knows this.

Have you taken notice of the fact that Mannoroth is a skeleton right now?
    Have you ever read a fantasy novel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    And just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you WILL. He knows magic too, but he's still a melee fighter. What does that tell you about him? That he prefers to be direct. He doesn't like complicated ideas or plans. He likes to keep things simple. Corruption of a soul through subtle means is a complicated and long process. He wouldn't have the patience for it.
    if you cant slice and dice it not gonna bother
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I guess we're talking about a situation where his spirit, somehow bound to his skeleton, that is now Garrosh's armor, somehow corrupts Garrosh, right?
    Except that it isn't. There's nothing going on with his skeleton. It's empty, inert bones with no thoughts about anything. Mannoroth is dead as dead can get. He's not whispering corrupting thoughts, and fel taint is not seeping out of the bones.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    Well, considering the fact that it wasn't his idea and that he had to literally be led to that action, he wouldn't independently have done that.

And just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you WILL. He knows magic too, but he's still a melee fighter. What does that tell you about him? That he prefers to be direct. He doesn't like complicated ideas or plans. He likes to keep things simple. Corruption of a soul through subtle means is a complicated and long process. He wouldn't have the patience for it. It's simply not his way and anyone who has actually followed his character knows this.
    I think, now that he's dead, he has all the patience in the world. No to me it doesn't make any sense to say, just because I have this power doesn't mean I want to use it. Especially when you're in a position where it's either do it or stay dead. Unless of course Mannoroth is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Have you ever read a fantasy novel?
    Never one where a skeleton, who has been turned into an armor set, suddently springs to life and impales its wearer. The point is, brute strength or not, if Mannoroth was to somehow influence Garrosh through his presence, there is really no other way to do it than with cunning.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 09:01 PM ----------

Except that it isn't. There's nothing going on with his skeleton. It's empty, inert bones with no thoughts about anything. Mannoroth is dead as dead can get. He's not whispering corrupting thoughts, and fel taint is not seeping out of the bones.
    How do you know? Because there is nothing that suggests that? Isn't the point of speculation to think about "what if"?

Mannoroth still angry for getting killed by Garrosh's father, so the best way to have revenge is to corrupt his killers son...

Sounds legit, but the 7th sha already has taken the ''I'M GONNA CORRUPT HIM!!!'' place

I think, now that he's dead, he has all the patience in the world. No to me it doesn't make any sense to say, just because I have this power doesn't mean I want to use it. Especially when you're in a position where it's either do it or stay dead. Unless of course Mannoroth is stupid.
    Varian has the ability to sentence anyone he wants to death, including senior officers in the military. Has he? Not really.

Sylvanas has the authority to change the Forsaken into a force of lawful good. Has she? No.

Baine could have killed off the Grimtotem. Did he? No.

Vol'jin could have joined the Zandalari to attempt to create a new troll empire. Did he? Nope.

I could cite a dozen more examples and more of this exact phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    if you cant slice and dice it not gonna bother
    Exactly. It's why he complimented the orcs so nicely... both Mannoroth and the orcs don't like to pussyfoot around. They prefer direct action, not intrigue. This attitude you've just described fits Mannoroth to a T.

Another exactly. Skytotem said it on the first page... Thrall wouldn't have kept that skeleton around if it was able to taint anyone.

Ultimately this is all just hypothetical discussion and at this point we're basically arguing "Well he is capable, so he would!" and "He could, but it would be against his character."

Deleted
    Varian has the ability to sentence anyone he wants to death, including senior officers in the military. Has he? Not really.

Sylvanas has the authority to change the Forsaken into a force of lawful good. Has she? No.

Baine could have killed off the Grimtotem. Did he? No.

Vol'jin could have joined the Zandalari to attempt to create a new troll empire. Did he? Nope.

I could cite a dozen more examples and more of this exact phenomenon.

Exactly. It's why he complimented the orcs so nicely... both Mannoroth and the orcs don't like to pussyfoot around. They prefer direct action, not intrigue. This attitude you've just described fits Mannoroth to a T.

Another exactly. Skytotem said it on the first page... Thrall wouldn't have kept that skeleton around if it was able to taint anyone.

Ultimately this is all just hypothetical discussion and at this point we're basically arguing "Well he is capable, so he would!" and "He could, but it would be against his character."
    Completely different examples. We're talking about a demon, who could either continue to do evil things, or maybe even find a way to come back into the world, and rather stays dead.

Completely different examples. We're talking about a demon, who could either continue to do evil things, or maybe even find a way to come back into the world, and rather stays dead.
    Not at all. They're examples of characters who have (or had) the ability to do something but did NOT because it was not within their character.

I am refuting your idea that characters who can do something will, simply because it is within their power to do so, not your theory on Mannoroth corrupting Garrosh, which has already been refuted by others aside from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I bet the Sha are fumbling with his mind at this point.
    I bet during his boss battle, when you kill him, a giant sha monster will appear. (or a lot of small ones) Or he will be shamified or something.
    Shamified? wtf is that. He has been off the deep end long before contact was made with Pandaria or the the Sha.

Deleted
    Not at all. They're examples of characters who have (or had) the ability to do something but did NOT because it was not within their character.

I am refuting your idea that characters who can do something will, simply because it is within their power to do so.
    I didn't say everybody will do anything he can, simply because he can. It just doesn't make sense for a demon to go "well I could try to corrupt Garrosh, I would probably succeed, but nah... not really my style, rather keep floating around the twisting nether some more".

Jesus, how did you think that any of those examples you listed meant anything. Of course not everyone will always do everything that he can simply because he can, that's logically not even possible, since that would mean everyone would have to kill themselves immediately, simply because they can.

But it doesn't make sense for a demon to pass on the chance to somehow come back into the world in some form. Pitlord, Nathrezim, fallen Titan - doesn't matter.

You could've just as well written

Varian could eat his own son, but he doesn't.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-03-31 at 09:23 PM.

While your theory is a sound one, I would be really put off if it were real. There are WAY TOO many villains in this series that are just puppets of greater beings or corrupted by the same. I want a bad guy who's totally in control of himself and his actions and is just like, "F*** you, I do what I want!" Tired of cop outs.

If Mannoroth had some kind of sentience left, of course he would try to corrupt people or find a way back into existence. But he doesn't, cus he's dead. Pit Lords aren't like Dreadlords. Once they die, they stay dead, and their spirits are banished to the Nether.

Also, if Garrosh is going to be corrupted, it's probably going to be from the Sha or Y'Shaarj, not demons, and definitely not long dead Pit Lords.

Do demons actually die or do they just go back to the twisting nether when you destroy their physical manifestations? I still think the final boss of the first tier of the next expansion will be Archimonde.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    If Mannoroth had some kind of sentience left, of course he would try to corrupt people or find a way back into existence. But he doesn't, cus he's dead. Pit Lords aren't like Dreadlords. Once they die, they stay dead, and their spirits are banished to the Nether.

Also, if Garrosh is going to be corrupted, it's probably going to be from the Sha or Y'Shaarj, not demons, and definitely not long dead Pit Lords.
    That's a completely different argument. The original argument was "even if he had the ability, he wouldn't want to use it"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Do demons actually die or do they just go back to the twisting nether when you destroy their physical manifestations? I still think the final boss of the first tier of the next expansion will be Archimonde.
    the only demons that are immortal are the dreadlords, kill one and it gets sent back to the nether, all the other demons stay dead (including archimonde)