10+ Year Old Account

I want to learn UH (PvP)

What is my reforge priority?

What should my rough rotation look like? (Currently playing UH like frost and using festering strike whenever it's up and scourge strike when I can't festering strike anymore. And when I can't use either I just death coil... I know.... its bad...)

And for some reason my burst macro doesn't work all the way, it won't use dark transformation.

What talents should I be using?

Macros?

I too want to learn this spec for pvp....I think im going to be going shadowcleave for 3s and am not sure how well frost works with that....

Your reforge priority will be haste > crit, I believe there's enough natural hit and expertise to keep you above the PvP caps (4% iirc, someone correct this).

If the person is or has a healer (or a warrior sub 35%), you're going to want to do whatever it takes to stack up a full necro, which costs a death rune. So what you're currently doing will help, because to get a death you have to spend your b/f runes via festering strike, and when some recharge as death, stack up necro. If they aren't a healer, or a warrior, do what you're doing in a sense. Your biggest priority is 5 DCs to get Timmy transformed, after that it's a matter of putting out as much damage as possible - keep diseases up, spread them around, try to down your target.

Just bind Dark Transformation to another bind, you'll want to have that up a lot, even outside of burst with UH cd's being 3 minutes, and it costs a rune/gcd that's why it's not working in your macro.

My macro:
    #showtooltip Summon Gargoyle
    /use malevolent gladiator's whatever it is
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Summon Gargoyle

And unholy frenzy also bound separately, but do try to use them together where you can.

Macros you just want to have an interrupt macro that can hit your current target and a focus with a modifier such as shift/ctrl/alt. Not a whole lot of super important macros with not having a lot of spells to cast on friendly targets....everything we do is mostly offensive or self-defensive, unlike paladins who need to cast stuff on their teammates to be considered an effective player.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Your reforge priority will be haste > crit, I believe there's enough natural hit and expertise to keep you above the PvP caps (4% iirc, someone correct this).

If the person is or has a healer (or a warrior sub 35%), you're going to want to do whatever it takes to stack up a full necro, which costs a death rune. So what you're currently doing will help, because to get a death you have to spend your b/f runes via festering strike, and when some recharge as death, stack up necro. If they aren't a healer, or a warrior, do what you're doing in a sense. Your biggest priority is 5 DCs to get Timmy transformed, after that it's a matter of putting out as much damage as possible - keep diseases up, spread them around, try to down your target.

Just bind Dark Transformation to another bind, you'll want to have that up a lot, even outside of burst with UH cd's being 3 minutes, and it costs a rune/gcd that's why it's not working in your macro.

My macro:
    #showtooltip Summon Gargoyle
    /use malevolent gladiator's whatever it is
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Summon Gargoyle

And unholy frenzy also bound separately, but do try to use them together where you can.

Macros you just want to have an interrupt macro that can hit your current target and a focus with a modifier such as shift/ctrl/alt. Not a whole lot of super important macros with not having a lot of spells to cast on friendly targets....everything we do is mostly offensive or self-defensive, unlike paladins who need to cast stuff on their teammates to be considered an effective player.
    Reforge priority is Mastery > Haste > Crit for Unholy PvP.

Stacking necrotics doesn't require your target to be low health per se. You want to stack necrotics everytime you can. Converting runes you'd want to do by blood boiling and using icy touch. Why? Because of the utility those abilities offer you. Blood Boil of course to spread diseases, icy touch to dispel as much as possible. Sure, throwing in a festering strike every now and then when you dont have to dispel anything or spread any diseases is fine.

Your macro is OK, but I recommend binding the on use trinket to a seperate bind, or even better, get the insignia for more passive pressure combined with engineer tinker.

Several DK macros are as follow:

#showtooltip
    /cast Lichborne
    /cast [@player]Death Coil

#showtooltip
    (/petautocastoff Claw)
    /cast ([mod:shift,@focus][])Gnaw

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]Leap

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]Strangulate

#showtooltip
    /cast [nopet]Raise Undead;[@pet]Death Coil

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [spec:1]Blood Presence;Unholy Presence
    /castsequence [spec:2]Blood Presence;Frost Presence
    ^-- This macro is some sort of a personal macro. It'll switch you between blood presence and unholy presence when you're in your primary spec, and between blood presence and frost presence when your secondary spec is active. You might have to swap the 1 and the 2 with eachother, because for some reason it'll only work that way for me.

/cancelaura [nomod]Blessing of Protection
    /cancelaura [nomod]Unholy Frenzy
    /cancelaura [mod:shift]Lichborne
    Is also a personal macro.

Edit: If you're wondering which talents to use, which glyphs etc. You should check out other DKs their armories. I'd recommend you look at the armory of players like Mes (US) and Biotox (US).