Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Luckily, this is a change that both shaman DPS specs kinda need atm. Even without the clarification I knew that such a change would be far too drastic for elemental.

Deleted
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    Old Unleashed Lightning glyph benefit is baked in for Elemental. Cast time penalty just goes away. (Anything can change before 5.3 launch.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty shocked how Blizzard is buffing the heck out of Elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will probably make old glyph baseline since it was picked by 100% of shammies, seems to be the philosophy with glyphs that feel mendatory.

Pretty much everyone is casting while moving now anyway, just let everyone cast while moving except for healing. People running and casting have never been a problem for me anyway, not when nearly everyone has a constant slow anyway it just makes the combat feel a little more fluid rather than everyone feeling like a turret. The only reason I play a hunter and enjoy it is because everything I do allows me to move while doing it.

IMO moving while casting increases the skill required by melee a little more and they're already having a lot of trouble in most cases against GOOD ranged but I do agree that interrupts would have to go back down to 10 seconds really to make up for everyones new mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    The ranged vs melee debacle is even more evident in PvE than it is in PvP. Remember that buff to Might/TSA etc from 10-20% melee attack power in DS because melee were simply falling too far behind casters, mostly because being a caster had almost no drawbacks whatsoever. Most casters are approaching being able to do 90%+ of their dps while moving which just isn't acceptable at all. Casters need that drawback and having to stand still to cast is a pretty effective one in all areas of content.

Is casting while moving great? Of course it is. I love it more than anything. But it needs to go, for the sake of balance in the game.
    I don't think it has to go, Blizzard just has to be brave enough to introduce some weakness to it. If you think about melee classes there is a bit of a balance between mobility and ranged attacks. Enhancement/DKs are the least mobile but they can do the most at range. Warriors/Feral are most mobile but have very little they can do from range. They need to find something they can balance ranged mobility with. Maybe the more ranged mobility you have the less range you have. So a hunter that can deal 100% of his damage on the move has to do so from 25yrds. While Something like a Shadow Priest that has very little gets the full 40yrds.

Either that or they need to develop some new melee advantages.

Aw, was hoping enhance would get mobile lightning bolt casts as well. Just would be fun to hardcast lightning bolt while also staying in melee range

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    they will probably make old glyph baseline since it was picked by 100% of shammies, seems to be the philosophy with glyphs that feel mendatory.
    Been confirmed by GC yes, but I don't really see the new glyph (taking 10% less damage) be any less mandatory. Looking at the glyphs now I'm thinking healing stream, flame shock and the new lightning shield become my main set-up. Then swap out flame shock for any sort of specific fights where you need 4+ chain-lightnings or flame elemental would benefit overall due to fight length.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbb View Post
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    Old Unleashed Lightning glyph benefit is baked in for Elemental. Cast time penalty just goes away. (Anything can change before 5.3 launch.)
    This. Moving is baked in, No need to freak out lol. This is nice tho. An ENH buff for once.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Been confirmed by GC yes, but I don't really see the new glyph (taking 10% less damage) be any less mandatory.
    That's not so much "mandatory" as "almost always a useful passive rather than situational like most glyphs". "Mandatory" usually gets slapped on as a label if you need that glyph to maximize your performance, which was true of the old Flame Shock and the current Unleashed Lightning glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's not so much "mandatory" as "almost always a useful passive rather than situational like most glyphs". "Mandatory" usually gets slapped on as a label if you need that glyph to maximize your performance, which was true of the old Flame Shock and the current Unleashed Lightning glyphs.
    well is kind of is mandatory though if you're raiding hc ToT and not taking it, you might as well have a +10% damage taken debuff on instead, i can't think of a fight you wouldn't want to be using this glyph, maximising survival or taking the least damage possible is just as important as maximising damage like via the old FS glyph, i for one will be running this new glyph forever it will never come out of my glyph page.

it's just strange elemental gets this via a glyph and spriest/boomkin/warlocks get theirs baseline(shield off hand does nothing in pve :P) but i can't complain since i'm loving SBT+SR atm in raids another 10% passive will be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well is kind of is mandatory though if you're raiding hc ToT and not taking it, you might as well have a +10% damage taken debuff on instead, i can't think of a fight you wouldn't want to be using this glyph, maximising survival or taking the least damage possible is just as important as maximising damage like via the old FS glyph, i for one will be running this new glyph forever it will never come out of my glyph page.
    At least for Enhance there are still potential trade-offs. Imagine a fight where your raid lead wants Healing Stream glyph, where you need Flame Nova glyoh because adds are spread out enough for it to impact your dps, and your raid is trying to push 2 healers so Glyph of Healing Storm is very attractive for dropping Healing Rains to supplement your healers. Obviously this is a contrived situation, but not one all that far out of the realm of possibility. I could see similar scenarios with other glyphs. Not that 10% personal reduc isnt amazing, and obviously useful in pretty much all raid encounters, but the point is there is always a trade-off. Group utility vs group healing vs personal safety vs dps vs etc. We only have 3 Major slots, and I think there are plenty of compelling options for Shaman (at least for enhance, I can't speak for other specs).
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well is kind of is mandatory though if you're raiding hc ToT and not taking it, you might as well have a +10% damage taken debuff on instead
    Not even a little. That would mean we were taking 10% more damage than anyone else would, without the glyph. We aren't. And even that wouldn't make it a "mandatory" glyph, unless it was reducing your performance, which it wouldn't, unless you were getting one-shot by some ability that everyone else was surviving.

"Mandatory" works for DPS abilities; that's your job. Improving that performance is what you're expected to do. Survival/utility options are not "mandatory", even if they are "useful/beneficial". If you could perform at the top of the pack without the glyph, it is not in any way "mandatory".

It's a great glyph, sure. I'd probably take it for the most part, too. That doesn't make it "mandatory". "Mandatory" translates as "required if you want to perform at the top of your potential". Survival options aren't a factor in that unless you're a tank, or it's literally not possible to survive without them.

wow i may actually start pvping on my shammy now.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Holy.... ill just.... just...

For the heck of it im just gonna roll ele, screw enchance, if casters don't die then that is OP.

Blizzard is silly. Every ele shaman is going to be taking the new Glyph of lightning shield in every situation as I can't think of a place where 10% damage reduction would not be needed.

They are just changing one mandatory glyph for another.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Its actually a neat buff. They remove the 5% longer cast time, and make the cast while moving baseline for Elemental.
    Giving us a 10% dmg. reduction is cool.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Holy.... ill just.... just...

For the heck of it im just gonna roll ele, screw enchance, if casters don't die then that is OP.
    So, are you going LW instead of Enchanting?
    Come on people. Its been too many years people cant spell our spec. ENHANCEMENT! THERE IS NO C AT THE BEGINNING

lol just rerolled ele, opened MMOC then saw this omg...

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This looks very nice indeed

I just started playing again so this is a most welcome change!

I might actually consider Elemental for PvP now... maybe. I've stuck out with Ele PvP in all the other expansions but decided to go Resto for PvP in this one... buuut with the recent love we've gotten I might just have to go back to Elemental :P

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, i'm happy if it stays like this, but 10% feels alot.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*