Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    if this is true .... i'm done playing

Good thing you dont play boomkin then...

This change does seem odd to me :/ but it could be made baseline as people say. Then its only boomkins left! COME ON BLIZZ! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    I like how Blizzard makes changes, which are 100% unnecessary.
    What was unnecessary about this change? Elementals and Enhancement shamans needed more defenses for PvP and they got it. And they made the UL glyph effect baseline so Elemental's lost nothing. The only thing unnecessary was your uninformed post because you didn't bother to read the full changes.

The question now needs to be asked for those theory crafters out there, does this affect our stat weights towards haste now theres no 5% increased casting time and how?

(rather than the rabble thats been going on for 6 pages why not look towards something more constructive to do with our time on the ptr!)
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    This reply makes it seem like you haven't even read at least the last page of this thread. GC confirmed that Unleashed lightnings effect is now baseline.
    considering that i posted that at 1 am and GC's twitter comments hit mmo and 9am so there's a high chance i didn't read them yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Good thing you dont play boomkin then...

This change does seem odd to me :/ but it could be made baseline as people say. Then its only boomkins left! COME ON BLIZZ! :P
    Really? Balance Druids have numerous instant spells. Sunfire and Moonfire are absolutely nasty, and can be spammed on multiple targets. They also have a chance to bring Starsurge off of cooldown and make it an instant-cast spell. Not to mention all the other nasty things Druids can do, like root, silence, disorient, stun, etc.

"Old Unleashed Lightning glyph benefit is baked in for Elemental. Cast time penalty just goes away. (Anything can change before 5.3 launch.)"GhostCrawler

endus is this glyph even worth it if you don't pvp as ele or enhance? if not what glyph would you recommend of pve elemental?

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Good. I look forward to the damage reduction, though I'm not sure it'll be enough to keep enh sham from being the softest class in the game by far.
    mages are the softest class in pvp and it's really not close. it's why they have to gem straight resilience for 3v3

Deleted
    @Zorg

You mean haste will be further devalued, because there is no longer the cast time increase from the former version of the glyph?

That sounds like a possible consequence, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    @Zorg

You mean haste will be further devalued, because there is no longer the cast time increase from the former version of the glyph?

That sounds like a possible consequence, yep.
    Not rly, because the whole aspect of "mastery/crit > haste" in combination with 4T15/Gem is a result of reaching the gcd cap for all instant spells.
    I dont think we ever get to the hardcap for LB, so it doesnt rly matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    considering that i posted that at 1 am and GC's twitter comments hit mmo and 9am so there's a high chance i didn't read them yes
    Several posters had already posted in this very thread at least 10 minutes before you posted, saying that GC had confirmed it on his twitter. You just didn't bother reading the thread before replying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    What was unnecessary about this change? Elementals and Enhancement shamans needed more defenses for PvP and they got it. And they made the UL glyph effect baseline so Elemental's lost nothing. The only thing unnecessary was your uninformed post because you didn't bother to read the full changes.
    10% is not really that much i would prefer some serious CD like some stun immunity, something similiar to iceblock or dispersion

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    10% is not really that much i would prefer some serious CD like some stun immunity, something similiar to iceblock or dispersion
    10% is quite significant, especially given it's as close to passive as you can get without actually being passive. We needed more damage reduction and we got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    you are right, the problem is that you have to strugle for 2 years with class that get a bit les atention at begining of expac and thats seriously really frustrating, expecially when it somehow hapens every expansion over and over again and there is not even one person in blizz staff that could see that one class is just facerol kiled in pvp

today i made cap of conquest on 2vs2 with frost mage who got maybe 1 pvp item, no glyphs or talents for pvp (i have full pvp epic gear and ~8 years of experience) gues what i was been primary target in 90% of maches, i died most of the time in 3-4 globals while he could sucesfull stay alive for 30-40sec while fully focused, tell me thats alright god damn

its like paying full price for half of the product
    No offense, but Elemental is rather complicated and punishing when being trained hard. Now since you claim that the spec is basically so broken that it makes you die in a few globals, I'd also like to claim that your PvP experience haven't been above 1800, that you have very, very little idea of how to do basic arena, you don't know how to counter the opposite class and that you probably haven't heard or learned much about CC DR's.

This goes for many comments on this forum, and it's frustrating to see how alot of you don't realize that the spec's potential isn't revealed at lower skill levels. If you want to claim that your spec doesn't allow you to do anything else than step into the arena and get nuked in a few globals, show us a video of how it happened. I'm confident that any person making a comment similar to this one, probably hasn't done 10% of the things he is "supposed" to do, and that good players can point out a thousand things he could have done different.

Blizzard confirmed that casting LB while running is now baseline and the 5% penalty is gone. It is currently on the front page.

Im with 66% resi / 50% power as enhance sham.

Yesterday, a DK was hitting me for 60k-70k crits with obliterate on RBG, while my stormstrike/lavalash crits him around 30k-35k (no ascendence).

Now, theoretically, they would crit me for 54k-63k, while my dmg remains the same.

In other words, I still need 2 skills to crit to do about the same damage.

Deleted
    On topic though, I really love the 10%. It seems a bit weird for a glyph just to apply 10% damage reduction when having lightning shield on. I think they wanted something like each stack would give x% dmg reduction, but that wouldn't help Enhance.

With this buff I think our survivalbility PvP wise is really strong. I wouldn't mind knowing how much less physical damage we take compared to a mage (with the new glyph). I think it's quite alot due to all the armor. Also the fact that we can ground and interrupt spells and get out of deep freeze with shamanistic rage (which isn't even on the GCD) makes us pretty solid.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMuts View Post

Yesterday, a DK was hitting me for 60k-70k crits with obliterate on RBG, while my stormstrike/lavalash crits him around 30k-35k (no ascendence).

Now, theoretically, they would crit me for 54k-63k, while my dmg remains the same.

Wow. Do you seriously believe that you just made a proper comparison? (Hint: your PvP performance is based on more than stormstrike and lavalash, even though they make the biggest crits!)
    Last edited by mmoc12dbb41d8a; 2013-04-02 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMuts View Post

The DK hitting you for more with melee attacks makes sense. Melee attacks should do more damage than casting spells, since you can hit him from 40 yards away, and have quite a few tools to keep him off of you.

He's also wearing plate armor.

Whoops! Didn't realize you were talking about enhance.

Enhance definitely could use a few more Melee buttons.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-02 at 04:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with this change, is that it dosen't support skilled play at all. Specially now that you cannot purge off lighting shield. :\
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Thank god blizzard finally listened to us
    love this buff!
    But if blizzard can make it benifit the other class like spriest,moonkin having 15% damage reduction,that would be perfect.
    Last edited by walled56; 2013-04-02 at 01:36 PM.