Poll: Would you consider voting for someone with such a platform?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm pretty sure the Czech Republic would have to leave the EU to become a US State. I am also pretty sure that that would never happen.

Organizing a "twinning" programme between the capital of Missouri (I'm sorry, I don't know the name of that city) and Prague would be a more obtainable target. It would allow for the exchange of experiences and ideals without the whole macro-political annexation issues.

All the while, I will also support the rights of homeschoolers and fight against attempts to infringe upon a responsible parent's right to homeschool their children.
    The only time somebody should be allowed to home-school is if the parent is a qualified teacher and the student is too ill to attend regular school. Otherwise a tutor should be organized and paid for by the school district to educate the child at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So:

1) Eliminate all political indoctrination in schools.
    2) Create mandatory subjects in schools teaching students that they need to defend their right to bear arms.

Funny. Also it sounds like you want to flood students with a syllabus heavy on civics because it is of personal interest to yourself, regardless of whether it's of interest to the student or useful to them in the pursuit of their career.
    The right to bear arms is fundamentally embedded into American life and protected by both the Missouri Constitution and the United States Constitution. The right to bear arms isn't a left-right issue anymore than freedom of speech is. We should teach children the importance of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms, etc.

My personal interest in civics has nothing to do with it. I believe it is important for the people to be educated on the inter-workings of their government. Not only that, but it is their duty as citizens to be ever vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    The right to bear arms is fundamentally embedded into American life and protected by both the Missouri Constitution and the United States Constitution. The right to bear arms isn't a left-right issue anymore than freedom of speech is. We should teach children the importance of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms, etc.

My personal interest in civics has nothing to do with it. I believe it is important for the people to be educated on the inter-workings of their government. Not only that, but it is their duty as citizens to be ever vigilant.
    I think children should be taught how to recognize when somebody is trying to bullshit them with a non-answer, and that their political views do not have to align perfectly with a single political party.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it! A bit too much emphasis on guns in my opinion, but as a soon to be US Independent, you have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Czech Republic would have to leave the EU to become a US State. I am also pretty sure that that would never happen.

Organizing a "twinning" programme between the capital of Missouri (I'm sorry, I don't know the name of that city) and Prague would be a more obtainable target. It would allow for the exchange of experiences and ideals without the whole macro-political annexation issues.

The only time somebody should be allowed to home-school is if the parent is a qualified teacher and the student is too ill to attend regular school. Otherwise a tutor should be organized and paid for by the school district to educate the child at home.
    That is absurd; school districts should not "organize and pay for" home-schooling. Parents should be able to pay for an accredited tutor or use the public education system.

I would also work to create provisions that would eliminate all corporate taxes for companies that paid all of their employees at least twice the state's minimum wage. Additionally, I would oppose any attempts at adding sales tax to internet transactions.
    How would you pay for those tax cuts? When you cut taxes, something has to go. You either have to introduce a reduction in expenditure, or an increase in revenue otherwise you increase your budget's deficit.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by azzuro View Post
    That is absurd; school districts should not "organize and pay for" home-schooling. Parents should be able to pay for an accredited tutor or use the public education system.
    Maybe I should have been clearer. The tutor would only be paid for in the case of a certified medical condition precluding the child from attending a school. Perhaps the school would assign the tutor and the parent or health insurance pay for them. Otherwise the child is expected to attend school, and the parent face charges of neglect should the child not attend a school.

10+ Year Old Account
    arent you being just a bit ambitious with those reforms in one of the most conservative states in the united states?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How would you pay for those tax cuts? When you cut taxes, something has to go. You either have to introduce a reduction in expenditure, or an increase in revenue otherwise you increase your budget's deficit.
    Missouri's business tax rate is 6.25%, which isn't that large. Only companies that opt to pay all (including non-skilled) workers at least twice the state minimum wage will receive the tax cuts and it's safe to assume that not all companies will opt to do that. In addition, the extra money that workers will receive will stimulate the economy, resulting in more people able to pay more taxes. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

re: arent you being just a bit ambitious with those reforms in one of the most conservative states in the united states?

I think the word "delusional" is more apt for some of his or her proposals.
    Last edited by azzuro; 2013-04-02 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Missed quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Long jail sentences for a DUI/DWI for first time offenders is by far the worst idea you have. And that's saying a lot, because, in my opinion, a lot of your ideas are bad.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    arent you being just a bit ambitious with those reforms in one of the most conservative states in the united states?
    I'd rather stand for what I believe in and try to do my best to help my constituents and all Missourians, than "go with the flow" and be a pretty lousy representative. The people of Missouri deserve better than that.

You are pretty liberal for a republican. It is refreshing to see more people with ideas outside party lines,however I have a hard time believing you will get elected as Republican in Missouri