Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question No fly Zone Realm.

Dear MMOChampioners.

I was listening to some old WoW music and i remembered going to places that took like for ages to get there for just doing your thing.
    Using everything you can use to get there faster, like zepplin, or flight path.

Walking around zones was like 50% of WoW experience, and it's still amazing as it is, but well as alot of people told before, why take the long way when you can take the short way.

I kinda wish they never added Flying in old Azeroth.

And i kinda hope they would add no flying realms so exploring Azeroth again is something to look at.

But what do you guys think?
    Do you think this is a good idea, having these special Realms, Same as PvP realm or Normal but then with no Fly mounts at Old Azeroth or do you think it's horrible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Dear MMOChampioners.

I was listening to some old WoW music and i remembered going to places that took like for ages to get there for just doing your thing.
    Using everything you can use to get there faster, like zepplin, or flight path.

Walking around zones was like 50% of WoW experience, and it's still amazing as it is, but well as alot of people told before, why take the long way when you can take the short way.

I kinda wish they never added Flying in old Azeroth.

And i kinda hope they would add no flying realms so exploring Azeroth again is something to look at.

But what do you guys think?
    Do you think this is a good idea, having these special Realms, Same as PvP realm or Normal but then with no Fly mounts at Old Azeroth or do you think it's horrible?
    If you want to take forever to get there take your mounts off your bar and walk. You don't need a realm to do this. You shouldn't be forcing your opinion on others. I hate not being able to fly. So again, I and everyone that reads this thread will say, if you don't like it don't use the mount. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    If you want to take forever to get there take your mounts off your bar and walk. You don't need a realm to do this. You shouldn't be forcing your opinion on others. I hate not being able to fly. So again, I and everyone that reads this thread will say, if you don't like it don't use the mount. Problem solved.
    It's not the same bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Walking around zones was like 50% of WoW experience

That doesn't sound like a good game.

1) A lot of areas are inaccessible without flying, so your idea is dumb and moot to begin with.

2) No solution needed because there isn't a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Blizz has said no on many occasions to other "specific" servers like Classic only or Wrath Only. They did say moving forward they would be adding zones, like the Isle of Thunder where there would be no flight.

and i'm sick of people who can't read. he said he wants a seperate realm for that. aka you don't have to care about it. unless you think 90% of your friends will leave you for the new realm....

Deleted
    I'm with this guy I'm afraid. I agree that sticking to the ground can be more enjoyable, but it's easily solved by just whacking out your ground mounts or walking. I'm sure most would agree that they'd prefer Blizzard to invest the money into game improvement than a no-fly realm.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and i'm sick of people who can't read. he said he wants a seperate realm for that. aka you don't have to care about it. unless you think 90% of your friends will leave you for the new realm....
    And we should care about it because such a realm would be a colossal waste of developer time and our subscription money meaning we should reconsider spending money on this game if that's how things will be prioritized.

Thankfully Blizzard sees this and has no plans to make these stupid "special" realms to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghonda View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good game.
    Yeah, especially when you're like me and easily distracted. Fucking adds would always get me.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    this shit again.
    No. Flying and mounts are here to stay.
    and as someone who had to walk or use flight points I had found everywhere until level 40 I can say that there is no fucking way that that removing mounts, Flying or not would improve any aspect of the game.

Seriously, if you want to try it, go ahead for a single week remove all your mount keybinds, and run round on foot from place to place. I give it 1 day at most before your back on a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    And we should care about it because such a realm would be a colossal waste of developer time and our subscription money meaning we should reconsider spending money on this game if that's how things will be prioritized.

Thankfully Blizzard sees this and has no plans to make these stupid "special" realms to begin with.
    a waste of developers time? removing 1 skill is hard right? and i do agree that there is no room/need for a ground only realm. but i was just quoting someting he said. because what he said was plain stupid. lthats like saying removing all new skills from your bar is the same as a xxx realm.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    this shit again.
    No. Flying and mounts are here to stay.
    and as someone who had to walk or use flight points I had found everywhere until level 40 I can say that there is no fucking way that that removing mounts, Flying or not would improve any aspect of the game.

Seriously, if you want to try it, go ahead for a single week remove all your mount keybinds, and run round on foot from place to place. I give it 1 day at most before your back on a mount.
    well 1 week without a flying mount is not a problem. because he is talking about flying mounts. and 1 week without a flying mount is not a single bit of a problem.
    hell i could go a year without a flying mount.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe we are still beating this horse.

Personally, I think exploring by flying mount is much better than by ground.

Deleted
    Why is flying not included in ''your'' 50% of the WoW experience? I mean both are just means of transportation, only flying is more convenient. For me, i don't see the difference. They both gave me the amazing sense of exploration.

When Cataclysm was announced and flying was opened up for all Azeroth, I assumed there'd be No-Fly zones in the cities. At the time Dalaran had no-fly that worked really well and it made sense. It also did a good job of making Dalaran feel busy.

I'd be really happy if they just did No-Fly zones in cities again. Racial cities, Shattrath, and Dalaran. The "cities" in Pandaria can stay the way they are since they're more like big buildings.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Deleted
    You can still walk if you want, if you're gonna say ''oh but why am i gonna take the long way if I can fly now?'' well then why would you do it the hard way and go to a no- fly realm if you could go to a normal realm anyway? Doesn't make sense. I'm not playing now but when I was I liked to explore on foot and I did that sometimes when I felt like it, you can do that aswell, no one's forcing you to use flying mounts.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-04-02 at 03:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be great for the simple fact that it would make people realize the benefits of flight on their play experience, and the few actually crazy enough to enjoy auto-running everywhere have a place to call their own. However, I do not think it would be popular enough to be a cost effective server-type.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's a terrible idea. Besides the immense cost of new servers along with a different version of WoW with flying turned off, GM's for those realms, CS for those realms, no one is going to bother to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    no , i had my fair share of no flying and no mount till lvl 40. And how is exploring even an argument against flying mounts? you can explore way more with flying, get to all those locations previously unavailable (unless you had wall hack ^^). You dont like to fly , get flying mounts off your bars , there , done deal. Its like forcing everyone to stop using electricity just cause you like candle light...

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    And my point is there is no reason for a realm when you can just not use the damn mount. It's a waste of resources to disable it. Also, consider that they just spent months of developer time making Azeroth able to be flown in. Why would they just turn it off after doing all that? If you don't like it, don't use it. You don't need a special realm for it.