Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People see the scary black eye sores and they panic. Doesn't help that the stupid sores cover 95% of the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    In no real order:

Jin' do the Pug Breaker
    Garalon
    Durumu
    H Hall of Reflection

all of the above have given pugs nightmares.
    Just replace Jin'do with either amber shaper or windlord. On the first night (before the nerfs to both of em) it was helluva fun.

What really makes me laugh is that people have two options; stand in shit that does almost no damage at all, or get hit'd by beam that one shots you. Judging by this thread most chooses the latter.

Just wipe 3 times, and it can then be 8-manned. Did it today because the general population are too stupid for words.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.
    Forthright Website - Blog coming soon.

It's true. Get naked and wipe a bunch of times till you get enough stacks or until Blizzard gets it's shit together. Whichever comes first.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Just wipe 3 times, and it can then be 8-manned. Did it today because the general population are too stupid for words.
    It's kinda sad that a random 25 people can't kill a boss that is tuned lower than 10-man normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's kinda sad that a random 25 people can't kill a boss that is tuned lower than 10-man normal mode.
    I've watched normal and heroic mode raiders get annihilated by LFR Durumu because the visual effect is effectively invisible. The art department needs to get it's shit together.

haha, halls of reflection good memories, not good actually, but still hilarious.

I don't really get the whole durumu issue - I did it once on my main and alt both dps, 1st run everyone survived BOTH black/maze phases, 2nd run on alt everyone survived 1st maze/black and half raid died on 2nd one and we still killed it way before 10 minutes.

all you need is 1 person with a mark or just tell people what happens

Killed him on the first attempt with 15 people dead to eye sores and 1 to ninja-pull after trash. Luckily 1 tank and 3 healers survived with us to see through the rest of the fight. I wasn't very optimistic when I saw over half the raid dead at 50%, but we managed to kill him before the second dance phase.

3 stacks and was fine.

Just need to have someone who knows the fight step up and tell people what to do and it's pretty simple that way. Each person with beam I told them in say each time if they didn't move and they did it correctly. Put a marker on myself and had people stack on me for Eye Sore phase, first times people didn't understand it, but explained it and people were fine after.

Killed it with ease once people saw the fight, and half the raid hadn't seen it at all prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's true. Get naked and wipe a bunch of times till you get enough stacks or until Blizzard gets it's shit together. Whichever comes first.
    LOL. Time to build my "naked" set.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    LOL. Time to build my "naked" set.
    Cheap greens transmogged to look like your raid gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler

"Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Cheap greens transmogged to look like your raid gear.
    Blah. Seasonal event gear + heirlooms = zero durability damage. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I've watched normal and heroic mode raiders get annihilated by LFR Durumu because the visual effect is effectively invisible. The art department needs to get it's shit together.
    It's this.

As it stands, the laser is purple, the maze is dark purple, and the void zone beyond the maze is ALSO DARK PURPLE! Even the FLOOR seems to be purple!

If they just made the laser and maze a different colour, it'd be a 1-shot nearly every time.

Killed it on the 3rd attempt. Still, that whole part of the fight is a complete mess.

The biggest issue for me is that the tactic is different from normal mode. I mean... why on earth would you do that? I've seen the fight multiple times and know it inside out and still managed to take 50 stacks of the blue before realizing that I'm supposed to find the blue add.

I remember when they changed the void zones on Sartharion to blue from red because the red blended into the ground too much.

On that note, managed to clear it with 4 stacks last night on LFR. the sad thing is they've nerfed it like 3 times and people STILL struggle with the maze mechanic.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: SinR. Safari: Water. Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    YAY CASUALIZATION!

Grunt
    Managed in with 2 wipes using the "Stack behind boss" tactic.

Quick-post tactics for Durumu the Forgotten (more tactics for DPS in LfR here - http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1442):

Before you start, if you want to brave the maze run: turn your particle density to low (Game Menu > Graphics > under Effects in bottom left), Projected Textures to ON, and Ground Clutter to High. Turn off any unnecessary add-ons.

Phase 1: DPS boss. On Lingering Gaze, RUN from raid to Outer Ring and drop void zone there.
    Phase 2. DPS three adds when revealed. If you have ANY beam on you (LfR version - Normal mode it's ONLY red beam), move clockwise to uncover Crimson Fog add - one per beam.
    Phase 3: Stack behind boss during Disintegration beam and use every survival CD you have.
    Alt. strategy - run the maze ... Good Luck: Stand in the beam when it starts to load and then go either to the left (clockwise) or right side. Wait patiently and move when the maze reveals itself.

I didn't find the maze that bad after asking guildies for help and knowing what to look for, I still had to turn partcile density to low though and even with that I pretty much have to focus 100% on the maze and ignore everything else. Gotta love dark stuff on dark stuff and safe zone also being dark!

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    On that note, managed to clear it with 4 stacks last night on LFR. the sad thing is they've nerfed it like 3 times and people STILL struggle with the maze mechanic.
    Probably because it's not the power of the mechanic that causes trouble, but the purple on purple on purple dealie, it's hard to avoid stuff you can't clearly see...

The most common advice to deal with it is "turn your graphics settings down", which is completely absurd for something as utterly, blindingly (Get it? :P ) obvious as "Seeing what's going on"

My first run on Tuesday was 7 stacks and a mage soloed the last 300k