Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It needs to be dumbed way down for lfr, this fight dont work as is for a random pickup group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    It needs to be dumbed way down for lfr, this fight dont work as is for a random pickup group.
    Why not just send everybody the loot via mail as soon as they enter the dungeon?
    Compared to the PTR, the fight already got nerfed so hard...I don't think they should remove the last bit of challenge from the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Exactly what we did and we 1 shot it. ~8 died to the large golems as they came out and our 2nd tank died tanking the 2 giant ones while the boss was up, but he can't enrage on LFR and as long as someone eats the ring on the tank for him (or the tank can run out and get 1 stack which is healable) the damage isn't that bad.
    Actually he did enrage for us. We only had 4-5 dps up after all the golems were dead, we hit the 10 minute mark and he started one shotting people before interrupting jolt wiped the raid.
    Last edited by delk; 2013-04-04 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Why not just send everybody the loot via mail as soon as they enter the dungeon?
    This sort of obnoxious hyperbole contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation. You know as well as I do that the fights are not equivalent to your ridiculous suggestion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You know as well as I do that the fights are not equivalent to your ridiculous suggestion.
    Still they are stupidly easy - at least with a bit of reading comprehension, since the tactics are explained nearly every single time.

Also, I don't see how your exaggerated complaints in different threads contribute anything valuable to the discussion(s).
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-04-04 at 10:00 PM.

Still they are stupidly easy - at least with a bit of reading comprehension, since the tactics are explained nearly every single time.
    Ease of any content is not an absolute, but is relative to a population of players. Normal mode is ridiculously easy for top guilds. LFR is not ridiculously easy for its target audience. Dismissing them as not counting because they are bad is simply begging the question, defining away data that doesn't support your prejudice.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    Ease of any content is not an absolute, but is relative to a population of players. Normal mode is ridiculously easy for top guilds. LFR is not ridiculously easy for its target audience. Dismissing them as not counting because they are bad is simply begging the question, defining away data that doesn't support your prejudice.
    So, tell me: How easy should the bosses be in your opinion?
    Should all mechanics become completely irrelevant? You already can heal trough the maze - should also the beam just tickle?
    Should the fog beasts kill themselves after being exposed?

So, tell me: How easy should the bosses be in your opinion?
    Should all mechanics become completely irrelevant? You already can heal trough the maze - should also the beam just tickle?
    Should the fog beasts kill themselves after being exposed?
    Wiping in LFR is not fun. The content should be easy enough that wipes are uncommon, with a typical LFR group.

Ultimately, the purpose of a piece of content is to cause its intended audience to feel they have gotten their money's worth out of the game. A wipefest in LFR will not do this. Transient wiping until the population learns enough is probably ok. That means nerfing the content if the wipes continue beyond a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    wiped on him earlier 4 times :> very hard boss for LFR imo, did all the other bosses in every LFR section first try, this is only boss ive wiped more than once on. all seems to go well until the maze, then half the raid die, and another 10 die after a few seconds, we eventually did it, after the maze there was about 8 of us left and we managed to get him down just about

edit: to add, i dont think it should be nerfed, pretty boring when LFR is a walk in the park, i know its suppose to be easy, but keep some challenge! after a few weeks people will learn tactics hopefully and it wont need a nerf.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 12:20 PM ----------

yeah we did the same lol, think 2 people died but mostly it was easy.

now primordias, i had no clue what was going on, on my hunter i ended with a total of 20k dps! i had like -100% haste, - 60% crit - 100% mastery, steady show had like a 5sec cast time and i was hitting like a wet paper towel, had no clue wtf was happening.i was told to stand on dead ooze bodies, i did that and it didnt go well, i turned into a dinosaur once aswell, not sure what that was for!
    On Primordias, you need to kill the red slimes and get walk over their puddle 4-5 times until you're fully mutated. Only when your 100% mutated you can do 100% damage to him again. Getting anymore slimes while mutated will usually end you up with negative buffs, those can be dispelled.

I don't know about you - but the two times I've done Durumu (on Tuesday, mind, I haven't gone back since the nerf) - I couldn't see the safe zone, nor the path that opened up. It's something to do with their color scheme. And after conversing in game, and reading on here, it's not uncommon. Heck, even the guy that was marked as 'Follow Me Guy' missed it on a few of the attempts (first time, we got it after 10 stacks of Determination and basically bullied our way through it - second time, we had 6 stacks and 10 players in the raid managed to stay alive to burn down the boss).

Easy of an encounter is made up of a lot of different elements. This particular wing is crap for color scheme. Durumu's purple on dark gray - sucks. Primordius is a pain with the red on red motiff. But Animus is the worst - I couldn't even see the patches on the ground. DMB was screaming at me nearly non stop to get out of the bad I couldn't see.

So, I'm glad you have perfect vision with absolute color definition. There are a lot of us that don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Killed it with 5 stacks, but I agree that the maze is idiotic and impossible to see most of the time. Most of the time someone placed a mark the wrong place for the color adds, so that was a pain to do as well.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

rofl...the amount of whining about this boss is insane....omfg, you get a beam on you and you run in a circle..thats an impossibly complex mechanic!!! zomg! a maze that is VERY forgiving on lfr that you can rp walk through without the beam hitting you! Was it a tad difficult the first time or 2 seeing it? sure....does it need to be nerfed because the mouth breathing crayon eaters cant seem to figure it out? no

the....data youve gotten out of a whopping 2 days on live servers..../facepalm

Its simple, if you cant do basic mechanics...you shouldnt GET loot..its not like these are instakill mechanics..although if your a total dumbass and stand in the disintegration beam you die...There comes a point when if you cant do it, maybe video games arent your thing...do you want bosses to just keel over and hand you artifacts just for queing for lfr?
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2013-04-04 at 10:24 PM.

Don't they dare nerf it... it was an awesome experience!

Compared to the PTR, the fight already got nerfed so hard...I don't think they should remove the last bit of challenge from the fight.
    Personal responsability dont work on LFR so the light been phase is fail number 1, wipe mechanics dont work on LFR so maze is fail number 2 ppl should be allowed to make a million mistakes on that thing and not die. Its LFR theres no coordination most of the players are super casual/ unexperienced and a figth like durumu makes it a chore for ppl who raid normal and/or heroics like me and you because it falls to us toe explain everything thats going on and try to coordinate the thing, when I do LFR with my alt I want an easy painless run I dont want to have to explain the fight to everybody, mark stuf and spend 5 minutes before a pull going over mechanics.

LFR is a diferent way of sying easy mode, easy mode is suposed to be easy not chalenging, if I go play God of War or some other agme and put it on easy it becomes near impossible to die, LFR should be the same, the reward is 20 ilevels bellow normal and 34 bellow heroic for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    As it stands, I got obliterated by the beam because I didn't have a clue where I was supposed to stand. There is no warning just bam, dead
    so....your complaining because you stood in something called DISINTEGRATION BEAM...and you're puzzled it killed you? perhaps you need to read the ability title again...DISINTEGRATION BEAM...exactly what did you think it would do?

10+ Year Old Account
    I happened to come in as RL.
    We wiped once. Then I just explained everything kiddie tactic mode for 10mins. Weirdly everyone listened and didnt cry "gogogogo!".
    After that we killed him directly with like 3 dead people. Just make sure you have marks for people to stand on and use raidwarnings.
    I know people hate the guy that wants to be the director of the orchestra, but since nearly no one actually knew what was going on they listened patiently.
    Try it !

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Personal responsability dont work on LFR so the light been phase is fail number 1, wipe mechanics dont work on LFR so maze is fail number 2 ppl should be allowed to make a million mistakes on that thing and not die. Its LFR theres no coordination most of the players are super casual/ unexperienced and a figth like durumu makes it a chore for ppl who raid normal and/or heroics like me and you because it falls to us toe explain everything thats going on and try to coordinate the thing, when I do LFR with my alt I want an easy painless run I dont want to have to explain the fight to everybody, mark stuf and spend 5 minutes before a pull going over mechanics.

LFR is a diferent way of sying easy mode, easy mode is suposed to be easy not chalenging, if I go play God of War or some other agme and put it on easy it becomes near impossible to die, LFR should be the same, the reward is 20 ilevels bellow normal and 34 bellow heroic for a reason.

No...you dont want easy mode...you are asking for "lol im a total dumbass rolling my face on the keyboard" mode...people bitching about the colour scheme...heres an easy solution: watch for where there ISNT black glowing fire stuff...If you cant figure out how to run in a circle with the beam on you to reveal the hidden fog beasts, you prolly shouldnt be raiding anything...im actually curious how you manage to survive from day to day if running in a circle is an overly complicated mechanic....and you make it sound like its some incredibly complex strat to explain...put a star on your head, tell them to follow you..run in a circle around the platform if you get the colour beams on you...that took all of 5 seconds to type out...wow that was hard...

Deleted
    Was kinda fun experience, just started progressing on Durumu the night before so knew what to do etc.
    Was running LFR with 3 other guildies.

First pull we ran in without explaining much (since people kept saying go / pull etc. - no patience). Went fine, though color phase took some time, had to tell people targeted by beam to run. Then Lazer phase start and BOOM pretty much whole raid got killed. We survived with 5 man, 4 of us guildies and 1 random (assuming he had normal experience).

Second pull we told people to avoid the lazerbeam and avoid the black stuff, same thing happened all over again. 5 people survived.

Third pull we told everyone to stack on marked guildie and follow in Lazer phase. Turned out to work cause we survived with around 12 people and killed the boss before next Lazer phase

Actually fun that people can get killed and have to think for a moment in LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    That boss isn't even fucking hard honestly. Theirs ZERO HEALING going on right until the god damn maze and then everybody drops. The mechanic for that boss is just so poorly designed and poorly thought out. It isn't clear where the maze begins and the effect itself isn't CLEAR enough to navigate properly. If it was the fight would be TRIVIAL on lfr. I'm so disappointed they would develop a fight who's sole challenge is the inability to actually SEE THE MECHANIC properly. They could have made the maze exactly like venoxis and it would be trivial.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.