Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    They'd have to give us blood elf druid first.



    I remember reading somewhere that their shamanistic power came from a Naaru. Not sure where.
    It's actually from the elementals.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  2. #22
    Orcs are too much the manly man race to casting silly heals and helping things not die. "Orc Smash!" not "Orc heal teehee!" :P

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Nah, they got warlocks through Dark Iron dwarves, who are no longer our ennemies since Moira is their empress.
    Yes, those - miswrote
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Why and why not?

    Orc Priests might have a higher chance of becoming available.
    We know that there are Orc Twilight cultists that are like shadow priests.

    But Orc Paladins?
    Does the current lore allow it? (you know, playable orcs being green aka corrupted etc?)
    Troll paladins, there are already some before 3rd boss in ToT

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,843
    I've always viewed Paladins and Shamans as rivals, mostly because of the Vanilla split, and since Enhancement Shamans were originally meant to be tanks it does make sense. Thus I think that the Orcs having Shamans and Humans having Paladins fit well in with the rivalry, and I'd like to keep it that way. As for priests, Orc Mages looks weird enough on their own.

  6. #26
    Paladins are either naive or hypocrites, so tell me why orcs are not paladins yet.

  7. #27
    Epic! Arcanimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Anyways I think trolls would get paladins before orcs.
    This seems more likely to me as well. After all, the Zandalari Prophets (ToT trash) are basically Troll Paladins.
    although for some reason, Wowhead isnt listing their Seal of the Loa as one of their spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

  8. #28
    Since orc is the only class that cannot be a priest, it is highly possible that in the Future even Orc might be a priest.

    And about Paladins:
    Every race could be expected to be a Paladin if blizzard turn only a little bit the lore. Since it is a highly possibility that the next addon is about the Burning Legion, there might be a chance that we see the return of the Argent Crusade. And they already teach every race paladin-abilities, since the Argend Dawn/Crusade is the successor of the Silver Hand.

    Blizzard only need to add a little bit of lore: a Argent Crusade-Paladin-Teacher in the Zones that doesn't have a native Paladin teacher there. The only problem may be worgen and Pandaren, because they both are in a different timeline where they were sealed off from the world. Goblins would be no problem, since Kezan was never isolated, and a Paladin Teacher could be added without any problems with the lore.

    But even this could be overworked: NPC-paladin could be taught by the argent crusade after the events, but for the player there would be another storyline:
    Both Worgen and Pandaren choose Paladin at the beginning, but start as warrior. At the starting zone, there is a small new questline that change the warrior to a paladin.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    1,798
    Not too sure how Orcish Paladins would fit into lore... Guess Blizz can fit some random stuff in if they really wanted to...

  10. #30
    " The orcs who followed Thrall to Kalimdor form the largest group of a race that has rediscovered its true spirit, shunning the cruel ways of demonic power for the paths of strength and wisdom. Some orcs still cling to demonic practices, yet their time is fading." -WoWpedia

    I don't see why they can't adopt it.
    Last edited by Hiphopopotamus; 2013-04-02 at 07:50 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    This seems more likely to me as well. After all, the Zandalari Prophets (ToT trash) are basically Troll Paladins.
    although for some reason, Wowhead isnt listing their Seal of the Loa as one of their spells.
    That is because the Prophets are not the paladin-class. What you mean are the Zandalari Prelate

  12. #32
    Probably not Paladin for the same reason the "Broken" sect of the Draenei can't speak to the light. Bodies and spirits having overexposure to fel energy. That's why the Orcs even have green skin.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,211
    taken from the Paladin Information on Wowpedia, adding source.
    In all things, paladins must reflect the Light, which supplements our strength. To strive to be divine for one of our kind does not mean we strive for godhood--we strive to be good in all actions. Although called upon to smite evil in these harsh times, you must always remember that it's aiding others that will truly set you apart from the other citizens. Compassion, patience, bravery--these things mean as much to a paladin as strength in battle.
    Orcs/undeads do not fit in here, yes on some accounts but not all. thus they can not be paladins.
    This is the call of the paladin: to protect the weak, to bring justice to the unjust, and to vanquish evil from the darkest corners of the world. These holy warriors are equipped with plate armor so they can confront the toughest of foes, and the blessing of the Light allows them to heal wounds and, in some cases, even restore life to the dead. Ready to serve, paladins can defend their allies with sword and shield, or they can wield massive two-handed weapons against their enemies. The Light grants paladins additional power against the undead and demons, ensuring that these profane beings corrupt the world no longer.

    Paladins are not only zealots, but also guardians of the righteous, and they bestow blessings on those the Light would shine upon. The Light radiates from paladins, and worthy allies who stand near them are emboldened by its power
    Orcs/undeads do not fit in here, yes on some accounts but not all. thus they can not be paladins.

    also.. the reason why undeads can not be paladins, is because a paladin is the EMBODIMENT OF THE LIGHT. aka they are the Light's extended hand, aka they ARE the Light in essence.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Paladin
    Last edited by Kharli; 2013-04-02 at 07:59 PM.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    622
    Only shadow orc priests existing currently? Well that settles it doesn't it? It's not like we have another race having the Priest class, and only have real lore for 1 spec. *cough*undead*cough*

  15. #35
    Actually, from a lore perspective, orcs had deep connections to their ancestors, who in turn, dwelled in the same place as the Naaru K'ure in Oshug'un (sp?), attracted to the being of light. they stayed there for 200 + years.

    Lore-wise, the orcs have been cut off from their ancestors, but I do see that if that return is made, or that link being reforged, the orcs would be able to access knowledge of the light- from their ancestors - training as Paladins and Priests in the future.

    Its not so implausible
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  16. #36
    I seem to remember there being shadow priest orcs in Nagrand. Might be remembering wrong though.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know it usually comes down to Lore, but when it comes to Orcs, they are a bit dark and limited to the type of magic they use. There is no light for their dark hearts. Plus, they are primarily fel based anyone (The Legion). Sunwalkers could be explained. Even human pallies who were taken by the forsaken could be explained (undead paladins), but I just don't see it for the orc storylines.
    undead paladins lore wise would not work because lore wise the light kill them. but for balance reasons they added holy/disc priest for undead. lorewise only undead shadow priests made sence.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 08:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I think we may see Orc priest but not paladin, is more likely to see Undead paladin
    why is that? undead gets killed by the light. lorewise only shadow priest made sence. but since thats someting blizzard doesn't want. they don't even want bloodknights and sunwalkers. but a undead holypriest makes no sence lorewise

  18. #38
    Okay, from what I know, this is my reasoning why we will never see Orcish Paladins and Priests. Take a look at the Blood Elves. Blizzard has stated often, even in the Lore Q and A, that the Blood Elves remain fel corrupted. This isn't something that wears off overnight, and it doesn't take much to attain it (just being in the presence of that much fel energy for an extended time can corrupt you). Now, when the elves became corrupted, their connection to the Light was severed, leading to them bending it to their will first through M'uru, and later M'uru in the form of the Reborn sunwell.

    Now, Orcs went through a similar corruption, though not just siphoning demonic essence. They outright ingested demon blood, forever tainting their race. Considering that Blood Elf children are still born with green eyes, and orc children with green skin, this corruption isn't going anywhere, especially any time soon. So, in conclusion, for an orc to wield holy powers they would have to study as the Blood Knights do, which means both leaning from Elves (a race that they really don't have much love for, even if they're allies), and changing their cultural views slightly as they draw on this new source.

    Also, in reference to the above post, in Lore Q and A it was retconned that Forsaken can indeed wield the Light, but doing so starts to return their senses, and drive them insane. I mean, imagine how you would react to smelling your own rot, and feeling the maggots crawling around in your body.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by superman-bladesedge View Post
    there is no light for their dark hearts.
    duuuuuuuuuuuuurr

    Constructive posting please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-04-02 at 10:32 PM.

  20. #40
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know it usually comes down to Lore, but when it comes to Orcs, they are a bit dark and limited to the type of magic they use. There is no light for their dark hearts. Plus, they are primarily fel based anyone (The Legion). Sunwalkers could be explained. Even human pallies who were taken by the forsaken could be explained (undead paladins), but I just don't see it for the orc storylines.
    I highly suggest you read the short story 'Of Blood and Honor', where (Spoilers) Tirion upon saving Eitrigg from capture by humans drags him outside the city, and uses the holy light to heal him, which eitrigg regards as an amazing feeling. So, orcs are not fel corrupted creatures that burn up from holy magics.

    It is only forsaken in lore who are effected by it. Also, blood elves, who were touched by fel magics, now have learned to channel the light though them without the stolen power of a narru, they do it themselves.

    So, if blood elves can, and if holy light heals orcs like anyone else, then it isn't beyond possibility. The only reason they couldn't would come down to peoples prejudice

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:21 PM ----------

    And if I might add, holy magic is just a form of magic, nothing more. It can be tapped into, and yet the more religious races believe it comes from there divine faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •