Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    "Both of the attackers are said to be aged around 18 to 20.
    One is about 5ft 10in, with a shaved head and wearing a black jumper.
    The other man has brown, spiky hair and was wearing a tracksuit which may have been grey, with a body warmer or jacket. "

Noticed whats missing from this description of the alleged attackers?
    what I see missing is the chalk outline around their bodies and the pool of blood

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Oh for Christs sake. Rape is terrible, but individual cases should not be news stories. There is a sexual assault in america roughly every 120 seconds (including men and women being assualted). Its awful, its bad, but writing an article about one case and having it circulate on reddit/mmo champ isn't going to solve anything.
    People like you are the reason the world simply doesn't care anymore. "This stuff happens all the time, so what?" Great attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Im a badass ninja!
    You are assuming nobody can fight except you, the almighty one.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    If I had been on that bus, he would have needed hospital treatment
    People like that should be strung up..what an absolute disgrace of a person.
    Problem of killing or beating this people is that you have to pay later on for what you did. It's lame, but that's about it.

This is an experience I had with two young teen girls and a group of 35 years old (or so) pedos or something not good at least.

I remember 2 years ago in Berlin, I was eating with a friend in a MCDonals, the one close to the Zoo. The place was FULL of people but we got a seat aside two young girls (they were in another table tho). They were both obviously young teenagers, around 15 and 16 I would say. One of them was really pretty and actually looked like she was around 18, but she definitely wasn't.
    Their mother was in other spot on the second floor with other children. Suddenly, two or three (I don't remember) boys came and sit with them. They were around 35 years old. The girls didn't know them at all. However, the boys started to talk with them, asking things such as "where are you from?, where do you live? wanna come with me... etc". My friend and I noticed this from the moment when they started taking pics with the pretty girl. A 35 years old dude taking pics and nearly touching that 16 or so girl, asking for her phone and asking her to go with them.

My fiend and I were about to jump and ask those douches to get the fuck away from them, sadly we were two and they hadn't done anything to kick them out as of yet. The mother came down and saw what was going on so she (didn't speak english nor german) sat aside me in order to be close to them. Se started to speak with the girls asking them go with her but they refused. The mother had to go with the other kids and leave for a second so she gave me a look that I can't forget, without any word she pretty much asked me to keep an eye.

I can't understand what situation she had to can't just pick them with her, however, I was as furious as never before, I had a damn feeling like wanting to crash the entire place as I was watching that pedo talk to the girl. They realized that my friend and I were looking at them in a not too friendly way. Then they started to ask the girls to go out. There they said no and by the time the mother came back and picked them. The group of pedos left by then, but my friend and I stayed for other 10 minutes just to see if they'd return.

My point was to stay there and watch, and in case they'd try anything with the two teen girls we would do something to, at least, stop them. The place was full of people so it wasn't going to be any easy for them anyways and as all they did was talk and take two pictures with them, we couldn't do much about it. We were two spanish guys in a Erasmus, what the hell could we do other than watch out for them. Calling the police would have been rather complicated.
    Last edited by shise; 2013-04-03 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Oh for Christs sake. Rape is terrible, but individual cases should not be news stories. There is a sexual assault in america roughly every 120 seconds (including men and women being assualted). Its awful, its bad, but writing an article about one case and having it circulate on reddit/mmo champ isn't going to solve anything.
    Whilst I agree this isn't going to be solved on MMOChamp, neither is anything posted on here that is related to the news. I posted it for discussion because it is something that I'm sure people from Scotland and to a wider extent the UK know, this isn't something that occurs very regularly. Scotland is a very small, developed nation, sure there are high crime rates for murder/drugs/knife crime, but rape, especially of minors is something that is very very rarely heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    am I the only one wondering wtf a 14 year old is doing traveling by herself at that time of night ?
    Where the hell are her parents.
    indeed, also what a stupid girl going to the top deck and talking to 2 18-20 year old guys at that time, yes 999 times out of a 1000 nothing would happen, sadly for her it was that 1 time, if you can't protect yourself stay with others or near the driver, dont go off alone thats asking for trouble the world is full of dangerous people.

Deleted
    I always carry a knife myself and I also have a telescopic baton on me aswell that I can break their bones with.
    Have fun being arrested under Scotland's knife crime laws then; your baton wouldn't cut it either, it would be considered an assault weapon and you'd arrested for that as well. I tend to think our nation does quite well relying on the police and not resulting to vigilantly justice. Well; with the occasional exception I suppose:

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Eh? I dont follow many scottish news sites but isnt it other way around. White/native person = no "race" mentioned. Immigrant = "race mentioned". Or as our media uses.. "person with foreign-country (aka immigrant) background"
    20 years ago perhaps. Example: In Sweden it's against the law to mention the race of an attacker in the media if the attacker is an immigrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 strange men on a bus upstairs, with noone else upstairs on the bus and she goes up those stairs...why? She was with a friend and she even went alone. At 10 PM. It seems hugely irresponsible for her to do this. The rapists should definitely be made an example of due to the nature of the crime, but the girl in question was pretty stupid to do what she did.

The victim blaming is strong with this one. You're just as bad as them.
    the insulting is strong with this one, calling someone as bad as a rapist because you don't like their post on a gaming forum......

and? the world is full of fucking horrible monsters as it always has been, the only difference are these events and now put in news
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

He's a rape supporter by engaging in victim blaming. That makes him just as bad.
    You seriously believe that?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a rape supporter by engaging in victim blaming. That makes him just as bad.
    I'm not blaming the victim, just questioning her actions. It seems a bit pointless to simply ignore the huge risk she put herself in if you intend to actually do something about stopping these acts from happening. If she never put herself in such huge risk then she likely would not have been raped, or if the men came downstairs and attempted it, the driver could've intervened, or any of the passengers downstairs also.

Those men need to be made an example of, as I said, and she also needs to be educated on not doing this type of risky, pointless stuff in an obviously risky situation at best. Feel free to think only doing half the job to stop this sort of thing from happening again is enough though.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-04-03 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    "Used"? It still is; as long as you avoid the sketchy parts you're generally fine. I could further point out that it also "Used" to be murder capital of Europe if we're lamenting Glasgow's supposed idyllic past.
    I have been to Glasgow twice in my lifetime, that was two times too many. It is the arsehole of the UK in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I'm not blaming the victim, just questioning her actions. It seems a bit pointless to simply ignore the huge risk she put herself in if you intend to actually do something about stopping these acts from happening. If she never put herself in such huge risk then she likely would not have been raped, or if the men came downstairs and attempted it, the driver could've intervened, or any of the passengers downstairs also.

Those men need to be made an example of, as I said, and she also needs to be educated on not doing this type of risky, pointless stuff in an obviously risky situation at best. Feel free to think only doing half the job to stop this sort of thing from happening again is enough though.
    I can see where you or coming from, when I read the story I thought her actions were a bit strange.

Deleted
    Nice try; but they were both native Scots. Scotland doesn't have the same immigration woes that Britain has, 98% of our population are white. Bit peculiar really, Scotland doesn't really seem to get many immigrants, those who do are pretty well integrated culturally however.
    Not surprised, Scotland makes England look like a tropical paradise.

No; you'd probably have gotten knifed and ended up in hospital with stab wounds. There's a reason people don't like to get involved with this sort of stuff.
    This ^

A friend of the family went to help a women been attacked, ended up getting a knife in the shoulder and a cut across his torso that nearly killed him. The kicker was the women refused to give a statement because she knew the guy who attacked him. He was in hospital for a while and he now has a massive scar.

Everyone says they would help, but how many actually would is alot different. Like a army sergeant i once knew said "everyones a hero till the shit hits the fan, then you see who really has balls".

10+ Year Old Account
    If you'd read the article, it would be because the bus driver was unaware of the incident. It took place upstairs on the upper deck of the bus, which was completely empty at the time, asides from the rapists and the victim.
    But they stopped the rapist, when the girls friend called for help, so does the driver not find out ?

Do the people who come to help them not beat them men to a bloody pulp and take them to the police? i mean what the fuck.

He does have a point though, she did make some stupid decisions before hand though that doesn't absolve the rapists of their decision in the end, I'm more curious as to why the bus didn't have CCTV for the upper deck that alone puts the driver and/or the transit company in hot water.

sounds like the girl liked the attention they gave her, went upstairs with them to mess around and it went too far. this is a great example of what makes teens idiots. that's just horrible decision making

hell it could have been consensual until she decided she didn't wanna do it anymore so she starts screaming rape

Deleted
    Nice try; but they were both native Scots. Scotland doesn't have the same immigration woes that Britain has, 98% of our population are white. Bit peculiar really, Scotland doesn't really seem to get many immigrants, those who do are pretty well integrated culturally however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The full story isnt there, thats for sure. I know for a fact that the buses have mirror systems in place, or they have CCTV. Theres always one of them.

And the details of the crime arent clear either. Theres important parts missing.
    To be fair the bus drivers only look at that mirror if they hear noise or have a reason, they tend to be to busy driving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I have been to Glasgow twice in my lifetime, that was two times too many. It is the arsehole of the UK in my opinion.
    Easy on, Glasgow is a very diverse city with some amazing culture and architecture. Go into the rougher areas and sure, you are in the cesspool of society but if you know where to go then there is a vibrant city rich in entertainment and history. The thing is with Glasgow is that it is very much that rough stereotype that gives it much of its beauty. It's all about know where to go and where to avoid, for instance, it's music scene is one of the best in the UK with a lot of support for indie bands but also no shortage of underground clubs/illegal venues for techno parties. King Tuts for instance has a massive representation as one of the best live venues in the UK and the Sub Club is the worlds longest running underground club going 25 years strong, pretty much since the beginning of Techno as a genre, and one it still plays with some of the best DJs in the world every weekend.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-04-03 at 01:33 AM.