5.3 PTR: Can't upgrade PVP gear?

So, right now on the PTR you can upgrade your gear 2x for 250 valour per hit (woot!), and justice gear for 750 justice per. Checked out PVP gear and nada. No upgrade. Not sure if this is just because the PTR hasn't been updated, or if it's a real ongoing thing.

Patch notes make no mention of it. Is it possible this will only affect PVE gear from now on? I'm not sure how I feel about this. Well. Actually. No. I'll be pissed.

They're not allowing it because it threw off balance even more-so before with PVP.

They did say however the lower iLevel PVP items (like the blues and pre current season items) would possibly be available for upgrade.

IMO it's a good move. It's honestly a good decision to keep the balance between gear, especially in PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

No reason to upgrade the best pvp gear because it all scales to 496 or 498 w/e it was
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been mentioned that you won't be able to upgrade s13 gear, give me a second to find the source.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• PvP Item Upgrades
      • Malevolent Gladiator’s Conquest (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.
      • Dreadful Gladiator’s Honor (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.
      • No other PvP items are upgradable
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-03 at 07:19 AM.