Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mouse options in the 21st Century. Or just stick with Logitech.

The cord on my Logitech G500 has been rubbing the mouse pad for the last 2 years. The corded fiber is worn through and looks like its going to go out. Time for a new mouse. I have been a faithful Logitech buyer since the late 90s, but there is so many new options out there. So many I don't even know about half of them I bet.

So if you use a mouse from another company, and feel strongly about it, I'd like to hear it.

P.S. I bought a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and it was a total piece of shit that fell apart on me within a month. So that brand is on my shit list.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I've been using the same razer mouse since 2008, I love it. What happened to your mouse? Things don't usually break for no reason at all

10+ Year Old Account
    The g500's cord rubs against the mousepad slightly, after thousands of times going back and forth it has just worn it down. If you were meaning the Blackwidow, the keyboard had several keys stop working, and the Razer logo plastic insert which they very smartly placed where your palm rests kept popping off.

2008, A deathadder then? I remember back then Razer was known for quality, but now I know it from the keyboard I bought, and quite a few WoW players who got hooked on Razer Nagas that keep dying on them.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Corsair and Mionix are a couple good brands.

I have a Naga and a Deathadder. The Naga is too small as are the side buttons, I really like the Deathadder though. But if you like Logitech stick with them.

Personally I think it's more about the individual mouse than the brand though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you try a mouse that has buttons on the side (Razer Naga, Logitech G700, Logitech G600).

The Naga has mixed reviews in terms of durability but I haven't experienced any problems with mine.

The G700 is built like a tank, thick cable and its a wired/wireless combo.

I haven't tried the G600, but it looks like a replica of the Naga.

It really comes down to what you play with best. If you try out a mouse with buttons on the side you might find it will improve your playing.

If you like Logitech, I recommend sticking with the brand and looking for the recent models instead of jumping ship. Logitech's quality is still there and you know exactly what you're getting in ergonomics etc.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I loved all my Logitech products until my G7's batteries went to shit and my previous G15 keyboard lost all the paint on it's keys lol. Have a Razer Mamba now, can go wireless or wired, dpi switch, feels good man.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Have a Razer Mamba now, can go wireless or wired, dpi switch, feels good man.
    That sounds like Logitech G700 I'm using now. Except without the Razer brand OP didn't want
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

This forum hates Razer.

But I have been using a Razer Naga mouse and Razer Lycosa keyboard for almost 4 years now and absolutely 0 problems.

Actually they work better now than they did new, they're worn in.

I'd stick with Logitech. The G700 is a fantastic mouse and is incredibly durable.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    That sounds like Logitech G700 I'm using now. Except without the Razer brand OP didn't want
    Which I don't get, I have a first gen Blackwidow and aside from getting monstrously dirty (thank fuck I cleaned it last weekend) hasn't given me any grief since I bought it...shit idk when, last Winter? Mamba's been working great too since roughly the same time. Oh well.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I have the most baller mouse here, it's a nice $10 mouse I bought on a trip to Canada, it has a leaf on it, it's pretty intense.

Seriously though, I've never bought any type of special mouse, but I have one friend that swears by Razer products and never buys anything else, while another friend swears by Logitech products and never buys anything else. Moral of the story: They're both good, find the mouse that you like best and is the best price, and buy that one, regardless of brand.

Personally I like Logitech products, I don't use a special mouse but I do use a Logitech keyboard and headset and both have been pretty durable, so I'd imagine that a Logitech mouse would be durable as well. That being said, I'd be shocked to find out if Razer products aren't durable as well. I'm pretty sure that it's more about the individual product than it is the brand, same as anything else in life, so I'd worry more about finding the mouse you like the most, and less about who makes it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post
    This forum hates Razer.

But I have been using a Razer Naga mouse and Razer Lycosa keyboard for almost 4 years now and absolutely 0 problems.

Actually they work better now than they did new, they're worn in.
    Back then they were known for quality. Now they're known for making things that break. 2009 peripheral != 2013 peripheral.

Deleted
    My Razer naga has lasted me over 2 years now and it's still in mint condition.

All these horror stories of how unreliable Razer is just rubbish... If you look after it, it wont break.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion would be to stick with Logitech. You don't have to look after them, and they still don't break.

But I will be honest, I have never tried Razer products. Personal friends have had issues with them, so I haven't even bothered. But I do have one friend who preaches Razer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    All these horror stories of how unreliable Razer is just rubbish... If you look after it, it wont break.
    I don't think you understand the word "unreliable"; there's no guarantee it'll break, but it's extremely common for Razer.

Deleted
    Same here TBH.. Been using my razer Naga for 5/6 years now and still in perfect condition (and using it for hours a day). Want to get that logitech MMO mouse but this one simply wont break!

Saitek Cyborg RAT series of mice are amazing. Give them a look.

I love Logitech I am a loyal customer through and through, and have never had a problem with them ever. I went through a phase of testing out Razer stuff thanks to Swifty -_-, not sure why i bought it all got a Cacharius, a Naga, a Lycosa Mirror, and a Big mouse mat Goliothus or whatever it's called. Anyway long story short, my Lycosa started peeling within 2 weeks the keyboard just stops responding every now and then and the media keys are really funky in terms of you pressing one button and something different will happen. My Naga the mouse button 4 broke within 2 months of having it although the mouse itself i'm still using it now but thinking about getting something new as it's over 2 years old. My headset the microphone went crap and so I just use them as headphones. I would suggest staying away from Razer products they seem to be very temperamental in the sense that you could be lucky and get a good batch or you could be unlucky and get a bad one.
    I don't have a bad word to say about Logitech and if their mmo mouse didn't have that awkward 3rd mouse button on the right hand side I wouldn't hesitate at all in buying one!

everyone's opinions are different but I won't be buying any more Razer products, I didn't miss treat them or anything just general wear and tear, no bashing against walls etc :P. hopefully this gave you some insight, for other brands I can't comment as i've only really used Razer or Logitech.

Good luck with your hunting man