Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,839
    I don't play rift for a few reasons.

    Background story: I don't know much about it and can't really be ass to look it up. I know wow's from other games and having played it for longer.
    Leveling takes way to long. I want to play end game not leveling.


    My only 2 real grips about the game.

  2. #82
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,565
    because of the state endgame content is in
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  3. #83
    I really liked rift but sadly none of my friends did, so i left because it felt boring and lonely.
    The Music in this game is few leagues higher than the wow music, really liked the dungeons how hard they were. They were a lot harder than tbc dungeons in start. I loved the soulsystem, the rifts were fun, but yeah in the end you stick with your peers.

  4. #84
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Because there are different options available. People can argue which game is better but what matters is the time people have invested into each game. Lets take wow as a prime example, lets say you joined wow in Wrath, from then 2008-2013 that is 5 years of time invested into the wow culture, character and lore. To just say drop all of that and join another game (in this case Rift) isn't worth it to a lot of people and that is why wow remains #1 in my eyes. It has nothing to do with which game is better it is to do with either continuing years of hard work and achievement to drop it and join, what could possibly be a game that is worse.

    That's just my view, I tried Rift and quit because the story did not engage me, if a story cannot grab me I don't play no matter how innovative it is, look at Guild Wars 2, awesome mechanics, events etc but the story is just boring for me.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    That term REALLY annoys me. At the end of the day... WoW is an EQ clone.
    Yes it is but wow now compared to 2004 is a lot different. Being a clone is fine as long as you can evolve from your foundation. Like some of the clones in Star Wars. Some of them defected, went there own path and that is what wow has done and continues to do.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    R
    - PvP sucks. PvP in WoW sucks also, yes
    - Big empty world with almost no reason to do world events, which are designed in a way they are almost impossible to complete solo.
    And This, so annoying to find groups in this game

    Forget about a new game it feels even strange to play on a other server in wow itself, if you have all your guildies and friends on one server
    Last edited by Kritisch; 2013-04-04 at 03:04 PM.

  6. #86
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritisch View Post
    And This, so annoying to find groups in this game
    Public groups are formed in the click of a button. That's one complaint that is completely invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritisch View Post
    Forget about a new game it feels even strange to play on a other server in wow itself, if you have all your guildies and friends on one server
    I've found over the years, before RealID existed especially, that playing on another server was liberating. It let me actually relax and level characters instead of talk to a bunch of people or get asked to go tank something. It was certainly not weird, it was blissful.
    BAD WOLF

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's an absolute.

    I programmed this game such that pressing the A button causes a character to jump. I have designed the game such that jumping atop turtle heads yields a shiny coin.

    That is gameplay. It is locked. It is definite. It is a hard fact of design.

    My game couldn't function otherwise as I outlined.

    Do you like jumping? Y/N? That is opinion.
    So people can't decide if they like the way a game plays?

  8. #88
    Rift isn't bad, I tried it a couple time and liked it, but at the end of the day, to me, it wasn't different enough from WoW, and to move from WoW would mean having to give up a lot of character progression, and social interactions with people I've been playing with for years, for what?

  9. #89
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's a very "standard" MMO which is very close to the World of Warcraft style of MMOs. While Rift does it's thing well; Rift also released in an era of MMOs where the market is moving toward f/b2p business models, the greatest market fragmentation the genre has ever seen and more novel forms of gameplay away from the 2nd era style.

    You can play WoW in WoW. To put it bluntly.

    People pretty okay with WoW will just play WOW as it is the biggest & most accomplished MMO of this or any generation previous. An MMO players are invested in both time and critical mass.
    There you go, that pretty much explains why.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    So people can't decide if they like the way a game plays?
    It's not too complex. How you "feel" about gameplay is opinion.

    Gameplay itself is not opinion. It is an objective truth- this is how the game functions is an absolute. They are rules as written and followed exactly by design.

  11. #91
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    t for raiders I am not sure why the transition isn't made onto RIFT. Content patches are much more plentiful in RIFT as well.
    If you raid in WoW that means that you like the lore (there's no point raiding for epics, for that matter you do other things rather than wipe your ass and repeat the same thing till that item drops and then you have a chance to win or not).

    So there's no reason to go into RIFT as a raider if you already enjoy Warcraft. Right now ,ToT is a really interesting raid, in my opinion it's the most interesting since Firelands or even ICC.

    Anyways, many people play World of Warcraft because of Warcraft, and no other game for shiny that looks or fun that seems can get you out of WoW if you still enjoy it. Nearly a decade also says a lot... to be honest I'd rather just stop playing at all than leave all I've done in WoW to start all over again from 0. For me, sadly, those times are over.

  12. #92
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,833
    why dont more people eat spinach?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's not too complex. How you "feel" about gameplay is opinion.

    Gameplay itself is not opinion. It is an objective truth- this is how the game functions is an absolute. They are rules as written and followed exactly by design.
    Sounds pretty much like hairsplitting without real puprose.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I'm sure for plenty of reasons. Some may not have the money. Some may not like the artwork or art style.

    As for me, I have played it. It was wonderful. However, My home is on Azeroth, and I have plenty of time dedicated to my main.
    Same here. I played it. It was a good game. I very much enjoyed it... Then I ended up back home at Azeroth... It just happens. I've been on Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, the lot. I always end up back at Azeroth.
    Geeza aka Parilla

  15. #95
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Show me the fool who's going to play on two empty servers for $13/month? That's a higher price than WAR or WoW, closing to USA one, so it was a failed project for a start.
    oh yeah man RIFT is totes dead gonna be F2P in like a month it has like 300 players. you know what im saying brah? yeh totes dead.
    Morons in my RIFT sub forum why the fuck hasent a mod closed this yet? it's full of closed minded fanboys being dicks to our community, shut them down.

  16. #96
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    oh yeah man RIFT is totes dead gonna be F2P in like a month it has like 300 players. you know what im saying brah? yeh totes dead.
    Morons in my RIFT sub forum why the fuck hasent a mod closed this yet? it's full of closed minded fanboys being dicks to our community, shut them down.
    Might want to learn to read. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Russian servers not rift in total......



    You were saying something about being a dick?

  17. #97
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Being fed up of dicks makes me turn into a massive errect dick, ok? and if he speaks english, which he obviously does. he has the option to join EU and even NA shards, at the click of a button in the launcher.

    The only thing you are doing is becoming the thing you claim to hate. If that is what you want to be that is your choice.

  18. #98
    I think RIFT had an interesting class design.

    But that was about it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  19. #99
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    The only thing you are doing is becoming the thing you claim to hate. If that is what you want to be that is your choice.
    Oh fuck off you shit stiring twat, we get it ok! you don't like me and you don't like rift. great, just go away and enjoy the game your playing now, whatever it is.
    MOD: close the god damned thread already -_-
    turned in to game vs game pages ago....
    Last edited by Nykolas; 2013-04-04 at 05:24 PM.

  20. #100
    And closing this now that I'm awake again. Things have gotten a bit out of hand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •