Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In other news:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_16373930.htm

Interesting right? In this whole game, China is the only one that hasn't played it's hand yet. Can easily fall either way.

China won't help NK if they throw the first "punch". It's not even a question in that regard. They just don't want the U.S. swarming all over their border just because a crackpot dictator rattles his saber at them.

China's economy relies on the U.S. to drive it. It'd falter without them buying all their products. May not be "allies" per se, but they rely on each other to the point they might as well be. Neither can or is willing to give the other up.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    US will tell China that they are going to move in unless China does something, and China is going to move into North Korea and take over.
    This is probably the most likely scenario, the front runner being nothing happens on this kind of scale at all. Sky news had some interesting theories on the idea that this is lil K's call for help, but I don't really buy it. All in all I just don't think he has any idea what he is doing which is what really scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    In other news:

Interesting right? In this whole game, China is the only one that hasn't played it's hand yet. Can easily fall either way.
    Does not surprise me, but the one thing I would think just won't happen is the US and China fighting over NK. I would sooner see China turning on NK than fighting the US, their stabilisation efforts are probably to prevent the US from actually having to bite the bullet and sort them out rather than genuine support for reasons other people have already stated.
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2013-04-04 at 08:37 AM.

There will not be a war.

It is a rheetoric from the North. They have been threatening deadly strikes and massive retaliation for 50 years but never do it. Why not? Because the one thing the dictators in the North like more than their ego is being in power, and if they went to war with the South and/or the US, they would be completely annihilated.

The tarantula, that's pretty much NK.
    become aware of it
    start sweating after you find out they have nukes
    watch as they get closer to your face
    Wait for it
    wait for it
    NK makes the wrong move
    Then beaten to death with a bloody big shoe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I would sooner see China turning on NK than fighting the US, their stabilisation efforts are probably to prevent the US from actually having to bite the bullet and sort them out rather than genuine support for reasons other people have already stated.
    China's position is complicated:
    - They don't want an increased US military presence near their border.
    - They don't want a flood of North Korean refugees, or the responsibility for 24 million North Koreans.
    - They are traditionally allied with North Korea, however, nowadays they have better relations with South Korea and the US.
    - They don't have all that much influence over North Korea.

What to do?

The best outcome for China is if North Korea settles down, and gradually introduces economic reforms. Much like China has done since the 70s. So China tries to calm the situation down, but they don't have to influence to make North Korea shut up.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    In other news:

About the most amazing thing I've read in years.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    We already have two threads on North Korea.

Closing this.