KTM 200 Duke vs Yamaha YZF-R15

Hey Guys,
    How is it going ? As the topic says which is the best motorcycle is all i wanna know. Im planning to get a motorcycle by this month these two bikes are the two best bikes in my opinion due to its features, styling and pricing.

KTM 200 Duke is a 200cc naked sports bike while Yamaha R15 is a 150cc full fairing bike. I drive around 25-30kms on weekdays i.e going to college on weekends i hang out with my friends on my bike. I dont travel in motorcycle out of the city and also wont travel on highways.

So fellas which is the best motorcycle of these two. Give me its pros and cons and please differentiate between naked and full fairing.

P.S: Im 18 years old, 5'11ft, 68 kgs and I'm a beginner in motorcycling.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    Hey Guys,
    How is it going ? As the topic says which is the best motorcycle is all i wanna know. Im planning to get a motorcycle by this month these two bikes are the two best bikes in my opinion due to its features, styling and pricing.

KTM 200 Duke is a 200cc naked sports bike while Yamaha R15 is a 150cc full fairing bike. I drive around 25-30kms on weekdays i.e going to college on weekends i hang out with my friends on my bike. I dont travel in motorcycle out of the city and also wont travel on highways.

So fellas which is the best motorcycle of these two. Give me its pros and cons and please differentiate between naked and full fairing.

P.S: Im 18 years old, 5'11ft, 68 kgs and I'm a beginner in motorcycling.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
    The Duke is your best bet, a trials bike is allot more nimble when it comes to filtering. a 150cc full fairing bike would be slower and harder to manage tight turns.

Thanks for your input @ToCCS.
    Here are the product pages for both these bikes
    http://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/r15/index.html
    http://www.ktm.com/in/naked-bike/200...ighlights.html
    Thats alright.

A few more things to note.

1. Is this your first bike? If so then the Duke will cost less for repairs (due to the fairing as it can be expensive)
    2. The Duke is higher so you can see over cars easier.
    3. The R15 has thin tires so you have a higher chance of slipping on wet roads.

The Duke looks so much better anyway imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't go wrong w/ KTM product.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Thats alright.

A few more things to note.

1. Is this your first bike? If so then the Duke will cost less for repairs (due to the fairing as it can be expensive)
    2. The Duke is higher so you can see over cars easier.
    3. The R15 has thin tires so you have a higher chance of slipping on wet roads.

The Duke looks so much better anyway imo.
    1. Yes this is my first bike.
    2. Trust me cars price in India are higher than a sports bikes costs like duke. I cant get a decent car for the price of duke. In US for the price of 2500 bucks u can get a decent car but anyways after completing my studies i will get a car. As of now i will use a car for 4-5 years.
    3. Well i take a note of this point.

2. Trust me cars price in India are higher than a sports bikes costs like duke. I cant get a decent car for the price of duke. In US for the price of 2500 bucks u can get a decent car but anyways after completing my studies i will get a car. As of now i will use a car for 4-5 years.
    Higher as in Height not price

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Higher as in Height not price
    HAHA not higher in terms of height but in terms of cost.

Deleted
    Get the Duke, less to scratch, more fun to be had.