Deleted

General WW Opinion and questions

First of all I want to state I levelled up extremely fast and haven't got a lot of experience playing a Ww monk.

However, last night I managed to wiggle myself into a LFR and noticed a few things;

I felt energy starved, is this due to having low gear level and only 2.6k haste? I heard at least 6k is good to aim for.

I also noticed that afer saving up my brew stacks during the trash it then resets for boss fights... WHY!? Someone please explain this to me lol.

I love the play style and the general rotation is great, rolling around amd flying places is also fun. I also feel quite confident dps wise, I feel competent at using a ww monk.

I managed to level up Enchanting and have yet to choose a second proffesion. Can anyone recommend one.

Deleted
    Hey Arawyn87, you only have 2.6k Haste at level 90? What is your gear level on? Got any link to your armory?

Deleted
    I will when im home and logged into my WW gear thanks. I logged our in a MW set that I collected yesterday. Ilevel 470 I believe, just enough to get into the second stage of LFR.

Deleted
    At that point and gear level, if I recall correctly I was laid around 7k Haste, but it also depends on if you wanna use Fists of Fury in your rotation etc.

For that iLevel, that does sound very low. Are you using Power Strikes or Ascension? For 2k haste, PS would be better, but ascension always feels a bit 'smoother' in terms of energy generation, and gives better returns at around 4-5k haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyuubi has this mostly under control, but I'll bite.

First of all I want to state I levelled up extremely fast and haven't got a lot of experience playing a Ww monk.
    We're here to help! You might find this thread useful: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WW-Fix-my-DPS

I felt energy starved, is this due to having low gear level and only 2.6k haste? I heard at least 6k is good to aim for.
    We typically stack haste until we are comfortable with where we at. The majority of players are comfortable between 5 and 8K haste - but it is very encounter specific and playskill specific. If you are very good at managing your energy and using FoF, lower haste may work better for you. However, plenty of highly skilled players use as much as 9K haste, because haste helps more than our energy regeneration - our tigerstrikes AND our attack speed scale with it! However, it is still "however much makes you comfortable"!

I also noticed that afer saving up my brew stacks during the trash it then resets for boss fights... WHY!? Someone please explain this to me lol.
    That is the unfortunate part of WW - we do NOT have early burst. You might as well use stacks to help kill trash more quickly. It used to be that you could use them as a pre-pot and have the buff rolling, but they changed it so that the buff also resets upon pulling a raid boss.

I love the play style and the general rotation is great, rolling around amd flying places is also fun. I also feel quite confident dps wise, I feel competent at using a ww monk.
    The rotation is easy to pick up, but can take some work to perfect. I think most DPS classes are like that.

I managed to level up Enchanting and have yet to choose a second proffesion. Can anyone recommend one.
    Engineering. Synapse Springs in conjunction with another CD (such as Xuen, your potion, or even Tigereye Brew) is very strong, even for a class without a true burst mechanic. I personally go with Engineering/JC - while I use 320 agi gems as a JC, it is also an option to stack your secondaries (though, for us agility is still a very strong stat).

Deleted
    Still currently at work although I appreciate the replys. Maybe I have read the character sheet wrong if you both think thats low haste.

I will post an armoury link when im home tonight in my WW gear. Although the name is Rinhoa on defias brotherhood eu. Human female. Thanks for the help. Using Ascension and fof when I can although I can still improve my cooldown management somewhat