Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    David Cameron and James Cameron should team up for war movies, its very simple you get David to pretend other nations can hit the UK while James takes the ideas and makes wild explosive movies!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    ... I always knew the UK is planning to remake their empire and start conquering some nations all over! And this proves it! UK already knows which countries they will conquer and they know North Korea knows, and they know North Korea will bomb one of their future possessions! It all makes sense now!

I watched a few extracts of the speech and also some of the commentaries about it. As has been said Cameron merely said what the Koreans are saying with respect to their current tech. The most interesting statement/observation/comment though in my mind was along the lines of "even if they don't have the tech now, in all likelihood they will soon"

I'm sure it a not a surprise that the Tories are backing keeping an independant nuclear deterrent. They have pretty much always had that stance. It's also hardly surprise that they use the current madman as a reason why it might be a good idea to have such a deterrent against current or future nut jobs.

Not sure that there is much more to this thread than we have known for years anyway

Deleted
    http://www.chanarchive.org/content/9...1084234544.jpg Here's a pretty relevant comic which represents how the UK has 'tipped off' the US about other countries harboring WMD's. Pretty funny, although NK doesn't have much oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would north korea even nuke the UK? They have bigger fish to try to fry

I think it's ignorant to believe that NK doesn't have the capabilities from their "tests". They could very easily be testing dummy missiles that don't go the distance they need them to while internally testing much more advanced armaments.

The general population is laughing at the threats NK is making, but I'd feel much safer if our politicians aren't laughing and are indeed taking the threats very seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    yeh, south korea is more important than us i agree

Yeah, we were all hoping Cameron would keep his mouth shut.

Yet again he fails, and gaffs big time. Its doubtful North Korea can even hit America. Its doubtful they could hit America even if they were in range! There's zero threat to the UK mainland!

But then what else can we expect from him? He's an unelected snob that doesn't understand what reality is, and is busy trying to distract us from the fact him and his business buddies are stealing as much money from the country as possible before he's ousted. Fearmongering hoping we forget that he's our actual enemy, and we're counting down the days until the next election.

Not that we have anyone else we can vote for. Broken system is broken.

Deleted
    Eh why is everyone poking fun? The distance from NK to the UK is around 8.5k km. NK is recorded as possessing multiple stage rockets capable of 15k km. The only argument is if they can miniaturize a nuclear warhead. They certainly could launch a biological warhead to hit quite a large range of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the PM's sake, he was likely relying on information that states North Korea could (in theory) arm the rocket they used to send a satellite. THIS has a range of over 10,000km
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Eh why is everyone poking fun? The distance from NK to the UK is around 8.5k km. NK is recorded as possessing multiple stage rockets capable of 15k km. The only argument is if they can miniaturize a nuclear warhead. They certainly could launch a biological warhead to hit quite a large range of Europe.
    They've never tested said missiles though, and as such their ability to even target one properly would be near nil. Considering the hilarious failure that was their last missile launch (one with a smaller range, as well), I'm not that fearful of their KM-08 missile.

Now, the question of whether they can miniaturize a warhead is another issue, and one that would have me waking up at night if I lived in Tokyo or Seoul...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    They've never tested said missiles though, and as such their ability to even target one properly would be near nil. Considering the hilarious failure that was their last missile launch (one with a smaller range, as well), I'm not that fearful of their KM-08 missile.

Now, the question of whether they can miniaturize a warhead is another issue, and one that would have me waking up at night if I lived in Tokyo or Seoul...
    The fact remains they possess said rockets. As for the Unha rocket they successfully launched, the range is 7,242 KM. Short of London, but quite able for the likes of Germany/France+most of Europe. Odds are they'd never be able to make it past missile defences, but you ought never discount a threat due to underestimation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    They can't afford a big enough pan to fry the bigger fish.

Also, is it just me or does any party with the word "Conservative" in it seem to repel facts?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like yesterday this happened with iraq and tony blair! Our little lap dog had to go along with mr bush for the safety of mankind itself! Oh...wait. Another case of "make xx country look dangerous though the media to gain public support to wage another illegal war!"

Well politician's are nothing but puppets anyways, all they are there for is to give us an impression of freedom and democracy but they pull the wool over our eye's by fear mongering in the hope that we will forget just how much we are being shafted by the state of the economy, no thanks to stupid propaganda like this so ye not much we can do.....
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-04-04 at 10:55 PM.

There's always that fact that North Korea will eventually improve their weaponry.

Cameron is just trying to justify the Trident system, and doesn't want to risk it being scrapped before the time we may actually need it. Sometimes politicians need to bullshit.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-04-04 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    think they are firing the missile in the other direction

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    A while ago I started feeling like the western world needs a common enemy in order not to turn on each other. Every day I'm being proven right by either the US government or NATO.
    There always has to be a lich king.

Deleted
    He's not wrong by saying they could hit the UK, a threat like that you can't take as a joke, for all we know and yeah I understand its unlikely, they could hit us. We would look a bit stupid it turns out they could. I don't think they can personally...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    There always has to be a lich king.
    This is the most beautiful quote I've ever seen regarding the context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Is it just me who's convinced that north koreans are the most elaborate trolls in the galaxy?